• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Error when starting a New Game

Faburisu

KitsuneNiban
    Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2018
    When I start a New Game, nothing happens.
    It just shows me a black screen and all I can do is press X to open the menu, but when I do that it shows me this error:

Exception: NoMethodError

PSystem_Utilities:2331:in `pbSetViableDexes'

PSystem_Utilities:2328:in `each'

PSystem_Utilities:2328:in `pbSetViableDexes'

PScreen_PauseMenu:96:in `pbStartPokemonMenu'

Scene_Map:193:in `call_menu'

Scene_Map:163:in `update'

Scene_Map:68:in `main'

Scene_Map:65:in `loop'

Scene_Map:72:in `main'

Main:49:in `mainFunctionDebug'

I can move when it shows me the black screen, but in every direction I go it plays the sound that you hear when you normally walk against a wall. I can't see the player either.

Please help me if you know what the problem is.
    Thank you!​

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2023
    It would be easier to help you with 1) the full error message and 2) only the relevant lines of the script, as well as maybe information about the version you're using, the changes you made to the scripts, etc.

Faburisu

KitsuneNiban
    Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2018
    It would be easier to help you with 1) the full error message and 2) only the relevant lines of the script, as well as maybe information about the version you're using, the changes you made to the scripts, etc.

I found out what the problem was, I edited the post because now I get another error.

Years
    • Seen May 29, 2024
    It kind of looks like $ Trainer is never set up.
    Check your intro map, an make sure that the event that does the setting up is on auto run. Copy from a clean version of the version you are using if you lost it.

Back