• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Error when transfering into a certain map

AdamantSpartan

Dev of Pokémon Adamant
    Years
    So I'm working on my game when I started getting an error whenever I loaded into certain maps.

Now what I think is strange is that if I load into a map that works and run into the "broken" map all of the events still work, so the issue appears to be in the transfer process. I've tried transferring into doors for the event and onto a normal tile.
    Transferring into a "non-broken" map is successful. As well as house doors that lead in and out of that map.
    I have tried creating a new save file and I get the same issue.
    I've also turned off all autorun events aside from door events (there are no parallel processes) and I still get the same issue.

Here is the error log:
    Spoiler:

Any advice? I can't seem to figure it out on my own.

AdamantSpartan

Dev of Pokémon Adamant
    Years
    I don't really understand how that fix works or where to apply it.
    Do you think you could tell me which section of the script it's in?
    Also, isn't that code you wrote exactly the same as the one that caused an error?

Another thing I just tried (and it failed to fix the issue) was deleting every single event on the map and then trying to load into it via Transfer Player.

AdamantSpartan

Dev of Pokémon Adamant
    Years
    On a hunch I decided to try and copy the map and see if the error persists on the new map.
    For whatever reason it works now and it ticks me off to no end.

If anyone has an actual explanation for this I would love to hear it to stop this from becoming a persistent issue.

AdamantSpartan

Dev of Pokémon Adamant
    Years
    Never mind. It broke itself again with the same error on the new map.

This is likely a bug and has something to do with map connections.

I just tested another copied map and it became un-loadable the moment I set the map connections to the connecting routes.
    After manually removing the connections from the "connections.txt" file. The map became loadable again.

Last edited:

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
    Years
    Code:
    'pbExecuteScript' undefined method 'y' for nil:NilClass
    This part of the error actually tells you that you have a non existing event that the interpreter is trying to process, since
    Code:
    $game_map.events[@event_id]
    is nil in your case, i.e. nothing.

Long story short; I think you have a messed up event on your map that doesn't sit well with your save file. Try starting up a fresh new save, and see if that mediates the problem.

Back