• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Errr...my team? [Silver]

Miyu-chan

.::f l o w e r g i r l::.
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Apr 23, 2014
    Hi everyone... *all gasp because Miyu-chan has posted in this forum*
    Me: n_n;;;;

Anyway, here's my team in Silver that i beat the game with. =P But I need help... espcially with Meganium. n_n;;;

1. Snorlax L55
    Item: Leftovers
    -Snore
    -Rest
    -Body Slam
    -Rollout

2. Sakura/ Meganium L56
    Item: Miracle seed
    -Cut
    -Synthesis
    -Razor Leaf
    -Flash
    (I hate this moveset... >"<)

3. Golem L56
    Item: Nugget
    -Magnitude
    -Explosion
    -Earthquake
    -Rock Smash

4. Articuno L57
    Item: Nevermeltice
    -Refelct
    -Ice Beam
    -Fly
    -Double Team
    (I don't really use him, I just fly him, usually... n_n;;; )

5.Houndoom L58
    Item: Cleanse Tag
    -Faint Attack
    -Ember
    -Crunch
    -Flamethrower
    ( Too many dark and fire type moves, in my opinion...)

6. Blastoise L59
    Item: Bitter Berry
    -Surf
    -rain dance
    -waterfall
    -whirlpool
    ( I just use her as a HM slave, but she's also helpful in battle... n_n )

Mana Lugia

Advocate for Common Sense
    Years
    Going by standard Link battle standards...

Miyu-chan said:

Anyway, here's my team in Silver that i beat the game with. =P But I need help... espcially with Meganium. n_n;;;

1. Snorlax L55
    -Snore
    -Rest
    -Body Slam
    -Rollout
    Lax's ability to start isn't all that great, but if you want a starterlax, put earthquake, Fire blast, and selfdestruct over all the moves except Rollout. Basically, you try to deal as much damage as possible, then blow up when the time is right. Otherwise, you can move it to the back of the roster as a Special attack sponge/Sweeper, and go with Double-edge, Earthquake, Filler, rest, with Filler being either Fire blast, Counter, Belly Drum, Curse, or Sleep talk.

2. Sakura/ Meganium L56
    -Cut
    -Synthesis
    -Razor Leaf
    -Flash
    Lol, join the club of Hm Haters :P Anyways, Meganium's role on the team can vary. As a supporter, it learns Safeguard, Light screen AND reflect, so if you need any of those, put it in. As a sweeper, you can breed Swords dance and Body slam on it, as well as Ancientpower and Earthquake (TM). Leech seed can be a dandy move to use too.

Body Slam
    Leech Seed
    Razor Leaf
    Synthesis
    How about that? It's not too offensive, but it distrupts with Leech seed.... (attract over Razor leaf can be useful to be an annoyer). Item? Get another leftovers :P

3. Golem L56
    -Magnitude
    -Explosion
    -Earthquake
    -Rock Smash
    Golem deserves a leftovers, Quick claw, or Pink bow :). Magnitude is outclassed by Earthquake, so Rock slide goes there. Rock smash is too weak to be of use, so either give it Counter, Substitute, Body slam <PAR> (RBY TMs), or Fire blast/Roar

4. Articuno L57
    -Refelct
    -Ice Beam
    -Fly
    -Double Team
    In competitive battling, the team should be made of 6 pokemons, each as a fighter, not a slave... I'd put either miracleberry/Leftovers on it, and maybe Rest over Fly?

5.Houndoom L58
    -Faint Attack
    -Ember
    -Crunch
    -Flamethrower
    lol, very perceptive. Houndoom... Blah, just give everyone leftovers XD. You can go with either a counterdoom (Counter, Fire blast, Crunch, filler), a sunnydoom (sunny day, Fire blast, Solar beam, Crunch), or a sleep talker (Rest, Sleep talk, Crunch, Fire blast/Flamethrower), depending on what you think benefits the team more.

6. Blastoise L59
    -Surf
    -rain dance
    -waterfall
    -whirlpool
    Hmm, You can always breed for Haze for it as a hazer, or get Mirror coat... Ice beam, Earthquake can always fill up the last spot, or stick a rest in there (though I won't reccommand it cuz you don't have a heal beller)

Your team has quite the weakness to something with Surf/Ice beam together, or so it seems.

Sturm

Kurokoneko
    Years
    Miyu-chan said:

1. Snorlax L55 (annoying/power)
    -Snore
    -Rest
    -Earthquake
    -Belly Drum

2. Sakura/ Meganium L56 (stun foe and attack+defense)
    -Solar Beam
    -Synthesis
    -Body Slam
    -Sunny Day

3. Golem L56 (base on power)
    -Rockslide
    -Explosion
    -Earthquake
    -Dynamic Punch/Focus Punch

4. Articuno L57 (My Articuno)
    -Refelct
    -Ice Beam
    -Fly
    -Bubble Beam

5.Houndoom L58 (well round)
    -Solar Beam
    -Sunny Day
    -Crunch
    -Flamethrower

6. Blastoise L59 (I have no clue)
    -Surf
    -Rain Dance
    -Icebeam/Blizzard
    -Body Slam
    I have edit your team...You can use it if you like it...(not a great team but average team...)

Spike Razzor

"Don't argue, you failed..."
    Years
    Miyu-chan said:
    6. Blastoise L59
    -Surf
    -rain dance
    -waterfall
    -whirlpool
    *blank face*... Im calling Pokemon Aid.

Miyu-chan

.::f l o w e r g i r l::.
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Apr 23, 2014
    ^ What does that mean? o.o; Forgive me, I'm a newbie... T.T

Sturm

Kurokoneko
    Years
    Miyu-chan said:
    ^ What does that mean? o.o; Forgive me, I'm a newbie... T.T
    Pokemon isn't hard thing to expert...I have one tactic...alway know foe's weak point...have a different type move in one pokemon...(Blastoise should learn Icebeam, Earthquake to get rid of its weak point...grass and electroric)
    I'll think more tactic later...

Mana Lugia

Advocate for Common Sense
    Years
    Sturm said:
    Pokemon isn't hard thing to expert...I have one tactic...alway know foe's weak point...have a different type move in one pokemon...(Blastoise should learn Icebeam, Earthquake to get rid of its weak point...grass and electroric)
    I'll think more tactic later...

As great a strategy as that is, sometimes it's not enough. A lot of pokemons are not meant to be able to take care of its weaknesses. Blastoise shouldn't be left in alone against an electric type to begin with. Some pokemons should status alter their opponents (Jumpluff shouldnt Giga drain anything that comes in, for example, it's more suited to Stun spore or something).

Also, there's a fine line, because sometimes one may try to counter their weaknesses so much that they lose tract of the main purpose of the pokemon itself. (so watch for that)

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    Mana Lugia said:
    As great a strategy as that is, sometimes it's not enough. A lot of pokemons are not meant to be able to take care of its weaknesses. Blastoise shouldn't be left in alone against an electric type to begin with. Some pokemons should status alter their opponents (Jumpluff shouldnt Giga drain anything that comes in, for example, it's more suited to Stun spore or something).

Also, there's a fine line, because sometimes one may try to counter their weaknesses so much that they lose tract of the main purpose of the pokemon itself. (so watch for that)

true... there's some Pokemon that's so dedicated to sweeping one certain archtype that if that archtype isn't present in the opponent's team then they pretty much wasted one pokemon...

as for blastoise, i don't like earthquake on it... i'll much rather rely on mirror coat to go against grass and electric...
    -mirror coat
    -surf
    -rest
    -roar

Back