• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Espeon or Umbreon?

Espeon or Umbreon?

• Espeon

Votes: 26 46.4%
  • Umbreon

Votes: 30 53.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lana.

*spin*
Years
  • *eyetwitch*

I'm going to have to go with Espeon. The speed and killer special attack win it. But Umbreon is a veeeery close second.

twigzy

hi,um...what should I say now?
    Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2009
    I wish you could have espeon attack power with umbreons HP. I like them both but espeon looks to girly so I like umbreon. :)

Time Master

PKMN Master
    Years
  • Espeon rocks. Years ago I was sure Umbreon was better but no more! What is the point of Defense when in one or two attacks your enemy is down?

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I would have to say Espeon. I've always preferred it over Umbreon, game-wise or not. But as for gamewise experience, I think my Espeon has been able to help me more than my Umbreon on my Crystal, though my Umbreon has done a good amount of helping, with it's stalling.

But, yeah. Espeon has done a lot for me, and I've been able to use it more often than my Umbreon. So, Espeon. :3

jaimelectric

Has finally obtained all 493!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2011
    Like many people in this thread, I do like both. I'll have to side with Umbreon on this one because my teams usually already have something that hits hard and fast like Espeon. Umbreon is one of the pokemon that gives my team a little diversity, and it's super funny to use against wi-fi battlers.

Oh The Places You'll Go.

Whatever will be, will be.
    Years
  • Espeon is prefered by me.
    Never liked Umbreon, at all really. (Don't hate me! :3)
    I guess I was always that little girl who loved the sunshine.
    Don't get me wrong, I love dark types, but Umbreon seemed to scare me. Its glow, maybe? Ha.

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
  • Umbreon has really cool looks. In the Anime and the games, It's sprites and looks just make it angry and beautiful. I also like the fact that It's dark and it glows.

It's also my choice for in-game. It's a great staller and tank and can't get taken down easily.

Pokeyomom

Hoenn no you didn't...
    Years
  • Umbra= shadow:) I believe it's a latin derivative. (I could just be blowing smoke out my @ss, so feel free to correct me lol.).

But ehhhh this one is hard. Love 'em both, but Umbreon is da sheezy. It's so phantom/ninja esque.

Expada

"Certified" Breeder
    Years
  • I prefer Umbreon, because

1. It comes from the Latin Umbra- Which means Shade, and I name most of my female characters Umbra.

2. I love darkness

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
  • Espeon is a much much better sweeper than Umbreon but it cannot take many hits. Umbreon can't attack heavily because of those crappy offences but is very strong defensively and can be used as stalling. Both have different roles: Espeon-Sweeper, Umbreon-Tank. I prefer Umbreon as he is better looking and he can annoy as hell!!

Turke

The Dude
    Years
  • Toughie. Espeon has the superior moveset (Seriously, why didn't they give Umbreon Crunch???), but I think Umbreon looks better.

I love them both, but I think Umbreon just about edges it based on aesthetics and personal preference.

That is the same reason that I prefer Umbreon.

Cavan_II

Some new sensation.
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Dec 24, 2010
    I prefer Umbreon; I like how his black color and red eyes give it a look of something menacing, yet cool.

I'm also a fan of its battling capabilities. Endurance is always a positive.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back