• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Espeon Vs Alakazam

Ham

asdf tl;dr
    Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2006
    Alakazam has more raw sweeping power, but Espeon has a slightly better stat arangement, and better stat-increasing ability, not to mention it learns Baton Pass.

that is their differnece. Zam sees more use becuase of aforementioned raw power, but Epsy can sweep a team if it gets some CMs off.

it's all in what you need.

Son_of_Gaea

Cursum Perficio
    Years
    You cannot compare Espeon to Alakazam. They have very different roles. If you want a sweeper, go with Zam. If you want a BPer go with Espeon. Plain and simple

Son_of_Gaea

Cursum Perficio
    Years
    With what? Psychic only? Espeon has a ****ty special movepool, while Zam has a great one, plus it can also get CM in and sweep hard.

husk1442

needs more [i]Mod[/i]
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 3, 2009
    and alakazam does what to T-Tar?

I was using HP: grass Zam, but, I suppose that HP: Grass could also apply for espeon, who can take a hit or two

Golden Groudon

hi i'm golden groudon
    Years
    About the sweeping thing, what I was trying to say is that it could deal a nice amount of damage if you got CMs up but of course, it's really made for baton passing.

Son_of_Gaea

Cursum Perficio
    Years
    Newsflash, Sweepers were never meant to take hits. Their only use is to sweep hard and fast as many pokemon as possible. Something Espeon can't dowith only Psychic.

Espeon isn't meant to sweep

Golden Groudon

hi i'm golden groudon
    Years
    Son_of_Gaea said:
    Newsflash, Sweepers were never meant to take hits. Their only use is to sweep hard and fast as many pokemon as possible. Something Espeon can't dowith only Psychic.

Espeon isn't meant to sweep
    If you looked at my last post, I said that I may have worded it wrong. I meant it could deal a nice ammount of damage.

Son_of_Gaea

Cursum Perficio
    Years
    Golden Groudon said:
    If you looked at my last post, I said that I may have worded it wrong. I meant it could deal a nice ammount of damage.

Yes you are right, I misread it. Sorry

husk1442

needs more [i]Mod[/i]
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 3, 2009
    Charactarantula said:
    ice punch maybe??

Min Damage: 21%
    Avg Damage 23%
    Max Damage 24%

I'm sure that ice punching is productive

Last edited:

Espy Psyche

General of Pokemon Defender
    Years
    OHKOs of Psychic sweepers ususally occur due to EQ/Facade/Return/Rock Slide/Sludge Bomb. Not Crunch. That makes Espy better because its defenses are better. And Zam's Element punches? HP=Element Punches. Actually, I have HP Rock on an Espeon. I have lost count of th number of Murkrows I have killed with it.

Espy>Zam. That's all there is to it. The slight Speed difference matters not.

husk1442

needs more [i]Mod[/i]
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 3, 2009
    He meant other pokemon with physical moves kill more psychics

leafgreen386

Custom User Title. Wow.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2006
    No. It would take a lot of Atk EVs and a +Atk nature to even have a chance at OHKOing Tyranitar with Focus Punch. BB would be a 2HKO with average damage, but once again, that's with maxed Atk, and guess what? HP:Grass does the same thing w/o the consequence of blowing all your EVs on Atk.

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
    I used to have an Espeon (until I lost my game) and it was great! It had 394 Sp Atk!
    I forgot the moes it had though.
    The point is, use Espeon.

Back