• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Question] Essentials 1.18.1 - Error in Battle

Years
    • Seen Dec 15, 2021
    ---------------------------
    Pokemon Essentials
    [Pokémon Essentials version 18.1]

Exception: NoMethodError

Backtrace:

PokeBattle_SceneMenus:377:in `refreshSelection'

PokeBattle_SceneMenus:370:in `each_with_index'

PokeBattle_SceneMenus:370:in `each'

PokeBattle_SceneMenus:370:in `each_with_index'

PokeBattle_SceneMenus:370:in `refreshSelection'

Mechanic_Compatibility:877:in `refresh'

PokeBattle_SceneMenus:325:in `battler='

Mechanic_Compatibility:550:in `pbFightMenu'

Mechanic_Compatibility:489:in `pbFightMenu'

Battle_Phase_Command:215:in `pbCommandPhaseLoop'

This exception was logged in

C:\Users\USERNAME\Saved Games\Pokemon Essentials\errorlog.txt.

Press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard.
    Accept

StCooler

Mayst thou thy peace discover.
    Years
    • Seen today
    Are you some wise monk testing the cleverness of the worthy with an obscure enigma? XD
    Give some context for Arceus' sake! >__<

Apparently you use the old version of the Dynamax plugin, but this might be (?) out of topic.
    If I'm not mistaken, the line raising the error is:
    Code:
            button.src_rect.y = moves[i].type*BUTTON_HEIGHT
    One between moves.type and BUTTON_HEIGHT is nil. According to the way the script is written, BUTTON_HEIGHT is well-defined in the parent class of FightMenuDisplay, so I'm gessing that the move doesn't have a type. So it might be an error within the old version of the Dynamax plugin, which I suggest you update, as its support has been discontinued. But still, can you give us the moveset of the Pokémon that triggered the error?

Years
    • Seen Dec 15, 2021
    Are you some wise monk testing the cleverness of the worthy with an obscure enigma? XD
    Give some context for Arceus' sake! >__<

Apparently you use the old version of the Dynamax plugin, but this might be (?) out of topic.
    If I'm not mistaken, the line raising the error is:
    Code:
    One between moves.type and BUTTON_HEIGHT is nil. According to the way the script is written, BUTTON_HEIGHT is well-defined in the parent class of FightMenuDisplay, so I'm gessing that the move doesn't have a type. So it might be an error within the old version of the Dynamax plugin, which I suggest you update, as its support has been discontinued. But still, can you give us the moveset of the Pokémon that triggered the error?

2 new moves that I have alredy tested, Scald and Ice Beam. The error appeared when I edited the Shiny animation.

StCooler

Years
    • Seen today
    2 new moves that I have alredy tested, Scald and Ice Beam. The error appeared when I edited the Shiny animation.
    Wat?
    You mean, you edited the Shiny animation in the Animation Editor, or you edited the script that calls the Shiny animation?

Well, I am not among the worthy... :(
    lol
    You need to give more information, you're not testing people, you're asking for help!

Years
    • Seen Dec 15, 2021
    Wat?
    You mean, you edited the Shiny animation in the Animation Editor, or you edited the script that calls the Shiny animation?

Well, I am not among the worthy... :(
    lol
    You need to give more information, you're not testing people, you're asking for help!

I'll tell you the whole story. A few days ago, I created an Electric-type move called Overload. It's the one you helped me with. The one with the paralysis thing. Then I got on with his animation. Once I finished it, I exported it, but accidentally also saved it over the Shiny Pokémon animation. At that time I did not realize it and continued with the development. Yesterday, I created a move called Mind Breaker, of a Psychic type, with a very similar operation to the one you gave me, but with the effect of confusion instead of paralysis. After that, I showed it to a shiny Golduck and took it to fight. What was my surprise when I took it out on the field? Shiny's animation was Overload's. Scared, I went to the animation editor and seeing what had happened I took the opportunity to create a new animation. I saved it and tried again, but nothing worked. I made a copy of the animation related Data files and replaced them with those from a pre-animation version. There the error appeared. When I press the "Fight" button in battle, that jumps and prevents me from attacking. How do I solve it?

By the way. If I give you little information, it is because I have a hard time writing in English. I am Spanish and I don't know your grammar.

StCooler

Years
    • Seen today
    I'll tell you the whole story. A few days ago, I created an Electric-type move called Overload. It's the one you helped me with. The one with the paralysis thing. Then I got on with his animation. Once I finished it, I exported it, but accidentally also saved it over the Shiny Pokémon animation. At that time I did not realize it and continued with the development. Yesterday, I created a move called Mind Breaker, of a Psychic type, with a very similar operation to the one you gave me, but with the effect of confusion instead of paralysis. After that, I showed it to a shiny Golduck and took it to fight. What was my surprise when I took it out on the field? Shiny's animation was Overload's. Scared, I went to the animation editor and seeing what had happened I took the opportunity to create a new animation. I saved it and tried again, but nothing worked. I made a copy of the animation related Data files and replaced them with those from a pre-animation version. There the error appeared. When I press the "Fight" button in battle, that jumps and prevents me from attacking. How do I solve it?

This is strange. Changing the animation shouldn't change anything in the scripts, so I think you just made a mistake that is totally unrelated to the bug you're having ^^"

Replace the line:
    Code:
    with this:
    Code:
            begin
            rescue
            pbMessage(_INTL("move: i={1}, id={2}, name={3},", i, moves[i].id, PBMoves.getName(moves[i].id)))
            end
    and tell me the message that appears.

By the way. If I give you little information, it is because I have a hard time writing in English. I am Spanish and I don't know your grammar.
    Most people on the Internet are not native English speakers (neither am I btw).
    Besides, most people will forgive a bad English. However, most people will not help you if you give no information. So you'd better give information with bad English rather than no information...
    Btw, your English doesn't look bad at all, there's nothing to be ashamed of! :)

Last edited:
    Back