• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen EV training guide

Status
Not open for further replies.

mudkiprulz

Yay Mudkipz
Years
wait.... what?

ok so after i ev trained my electivire, when it leveled ^ it gained 24 attack, but then the next level only gained 3 attack, then i evd it in speed then it gained 22 speed, and the same thing happened... what's wrong? i think its to make up for the lost stats because it was the PBR electivire got at lv 50... and i didn't know where to put this, so i put it here...

Bishopk

meow :)
Years
  • CO
  • Seen Feb 16, 2018
It may have gained all the EVs possible.
If not, then it's just scaling properly. Have you noticed that you still get stat bonuses every level, even if EV training is finished? It isn't going to dump (example) 714 HP on your Blissey when you're done with EV training, it will give you enough that you will have that much at lv. 100.

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
Years
You made a minor error, that REALLY threw me off EV training. On the vs seeker section, under SP.DEF, you said Pelliper gives two sp.def ev's. They really give two DEFENCE. That really threw me off, but nothing I couldn't fix with berries. You might wanna change that.

The trainer that has it is Sailor Marc, Route 222, that you put up. You put up that it has Mantine and Pelliper. Mantine gives 2 sp.def, but Pelliper has 2 DEF.

No problem, I realized that my Vileplume is better with the extra defence. So, in a way, you really helped. Thanks.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 2, 2007
hey sorry if it has been asked before but i was curious was to what would happen with EV's/IV's still a tad unclear so i will reread the first page, if the pokemon leveled a few times in one go?? thanks

Neo Android

Master Eevee Trainer
Years
  • Age 33
  • Eire
  • Seen Apr 4, 2011
im going to start ev training my pokemon when there at level 10 is that the right level to start training or should i wait till im like level 20?

Years
im going to start ev training my pokemon when there at level 10 is that the right level to start training or should i wait till im like level 20?

Any level is OK to start training. No matter the lv. of the pokemon, it will always gain EVs. Levels just make it easier to KO the other pokemon.

Years
If I battle Pokemon trainers in-game, wont their various pokemon be giving me EV points I don't want?

Edit: So if I catch a lvl 5 or a lvl 20 the lvl 5 will be just as strong as the lvl 20? I heard they get random stats from within 1-32.. which makes no sense.

Seems to me as if the lvl 20 would have already had some of his points spent, making it less weak.

Bishopk

Years
  • CO
  • Seen Feb 16, 2018
Question one: Yes. Which is why it's easier to EV train after the Elite Four, so you don't have to go through a specific place and battle trainers.

As for random 1-32: No. That 1-32 is actually 0-31 IVs, and is something completely different. If you were to catch two Geodude at the same level, they might have different stats due to IVs. That's a pretty rough explanation, Serebii's is better.

Question two: No. There's a minimum a Pokémon can have. If you were to catch, say, a Geodude at level 99, it would have specific stats. If you used a Rare Candy (giving 0 EVs), it would level up and gain stats (let's say we didn't evolve it). However, it would have gained many more if you were EV training, instead of using the Rare Candy.

Finally: No. Pokémon caught in the wild have not gained any EVs. It makes no sense, but it's true. The reason its stats are higher is what I mentioned answering your second question.

Years
  • Seen Nov 2, 2007
sorry for being persistant but what if a pokemon leveled up lets say about three times, eg when a lvl 5 pkmn has exp share and you verse the elite for and they lvl up quiet a bit, what would happen then?

Bishopk

Years
  • CO
  • Seen Feb 16, 2018
sorry for being persistant but what if a pokemon leveled up lets say about three times, eg when a lvl 5 pkmn has exp share and you verse the elite for and they lvl up quiet a bit, what would happen then?

They will gain EVs as if they had battled by themselves. I believe it's mentioned on the first page that EXP. Share also gives EVs.

maxxa

ice pokemon pwn
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 10, 2011
ok where would be best to get defense evs for my abra with defence ev only trainer battles like a guy with 2 graveler that sort of thing ? also what would you reccomend my tactice being if i want to ev train my level 1 shiny abra of the adamant nature with pokerus and a macho brace shall i remove the brace and exp share the slowbros on route 225? im kind of a noob at this and i want to make my abra perfect. last question what do you reccomend movesetwise? i have at the moment charge beam and teleport i was thinking maybe psychic and i need 3 other moves help:)

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Mar 21, 2008
There isa problem with this guide.

You need to double check what you wrote which pokemon gives what stat because i just screwd up my ev training following your guide. Easily fixed with a berry but thats not the point.

You said Bibarel's give +2 HP points your wrong, after i killed like 20 of them and leveld my pokemon i gained +13 attack points not HP.

I checked with serubii and its attack +2 not HP.

I dunno if other pokemon you listed are wrong but you need to double check this guide plz. I noticed you have bibarel writing twice in this guide once for HP and once for attack, the HP one is wrong.

You should put up chansy, or Bidoof's or something chansy are very common and they give +2 HP

Last edited:

Shiny Umbreon

光るブラッキー
Years
Okay, this guide is being closed. Lemonade's part fits better in Strategies & Movesets and mine belongs here in the FAQ. It's better this way. Questions about EVs still go in Strategies & Movesets.

-CLOSED-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back