• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Evanescence.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    Kenny_C.002 said:
    Hey Lightning, you live in TO? I come from the suburban city of P-Town. lol
    =P I live just north of Toronto in the GTA. I listen to the Edge, so that's where I get all my concert info. XD;;

We actually weren't allowed to take cameras into the venue, so I didn't bring one. =\ They did drug/weapon (and possibly camera XD) checks before they let people in. I was wearing my cargo pants, though, and they never checked my big pockets. :O I could've brought my mom's digital camera. @_@;; I wish I'd gotten pictures. :\

Greed

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2008
    ;_; Aww, man.. I hate it when some concerts don't let people with cameras in @_@ Some do allow cameras, but other places that do suck :p

That must have beenone heck of a time @_@ Was there any angry riots going crazy or sumthing? That's a danger of going to concerts sometimes.. People go too squee and push people around @_@

*gets killed by people*

Kenny_C.002

Welcome to Rokkenjima
    Years
    Lightning, you live in North York? That place is sweet. :P

Anyway, the live of much was really cool, I thought it was just exceptional. The concert would probably (most likely) be better, tho.

Cherrim

Years
    @_@ I don't get MuchMusic, so I missed out on that. (We have satellite and my dad wouldn't order the music channels. x_x') What exactly happened with that? Because Amy apologized midway through the concert saying something like, "About MuchMusic today... I'm not really that much of a geek". o_O;

Dizzy

My Father is a Baron!
    Years

Heres a Parody of Going Under!

Now I will tell you what I've done in school
    Fifty thousand tests I've tried,
    Essays were okay and portrayals too
    But I still don't write well
    (Failing English)
    Don't want your tutoring, I'll help myself
    Pass a spelling test for once
    Now littered with finals and mid-terms to boot
    Just when I thought I'd go to college
    I'm flunking again

I'm failing English
    Drowning in words
    I'm upstaged by freshmen
    It's so absurd, oh
    I'm failing English

People harass me
    Surpass me by far
    ?Cause I don't pass my tests
    (?Cause I don't pass my tests a whole lot)
    Always confusing, I space off instead
    So all my grades are hitting the floor
    I'm flunking again

I'm failing English
    Drowning in words
    I'll be here forever
    Got to leave high?school

So go on and teach
    Teach to me
    The proper way
    To read and write, so I can
    Graduate
    I can't keep failing English

I'm flunking again
    Still failing English
    That's what I'm told
    I've been here forever
    I'm 30 years old
    I'm still failing English

Kenny_C.002

Welcome to Rokkenjima
    Years
    She just said she was a bit of a geek on the Live@Much thing. I forgot what question got her to say that, tho. :P

Geometric-sama

The Manly Man of Steel
    Years
    Lightning said:
    =P I live just north of Toronto in the GTA. I listen to the Edge, so that's where I get all my concert info. XD;;

We actually weren't allowed to take cameras into the venue, so I didn't bring one. =\ They did drug/weapon (and possibly camera XD) checks before they let people in. I was wearing my cargo pants, though, and they never checked my big pockets. :O I could've brought my mom's digital camera. @_@;; I wish I'd gotten pictures. :\
    Then how could you see the pics through the digicam? o_O XD (Yes I did read the rest of your post.)

Hmph, you all live in America so you get the good shows. Last band that did an underage show here was The Living End, which you probably haven't heard of.

Geometric-sama

The Manly Man of Steel
    Years
    Perhaps you don't feel the same way about Evanescence as we do, but you don't have to post things like that. It not only insults the band, but the rest of us who like Evanescence as well.

sdp

raver
    Years
    It's not like I'm saying "EVNEEIANCENCE SUXs!!@!2!!1111"

They are a Lacuna Coil rip-off, there is no other way to say it. And Amy Lee does lip-sync on her shows.

Cherrim

Years
    Maybe Evanescence was influenced by Lacuna Coil? Just because two bands have similarities doesn't mean one is a rip-off of the other. -_-; Lacuna Coil seems... heavier than Evanescence to me (although I've only heard a few of their songs), although I do see your point in that they sound alike.

I still prefer Evanescence over LC. =\

Aimy

Goddess-Second Class
    Years
    I like Evanescence a lot, I think it's my fav band at the moment, I like: Bring me back To Life, Going Under and My Immortal. Her other songs are ok...

22sa

ロミオとシンデレ? ?? �� �� �� �� �� �� �� ��
    Years
    Jedi_Amara said:
    What really annoys me is the lack of underage shows. Two of my favourite bands, Evanescence and Blink 182, are touring here over the next three months, and since they aren't playing any underage gigs I can't go. It's sooooooo annoying.
    They are two of my favourites too. Blink 182 is my favourite but their new album is kind of... Well I didn't like it like their past albums. O.o

Cherrim

Years
    Blink 182 is great, but I do agree with you on their new album. The songs are too... different when compared to their other stuff. =\ Although I LOVE track 3. XD

This topic is kinda dying with the club going at the same time. Maybe we should just pick one or the other and discuss the band there?

Geometric-sama

The Manly Man of Steel
    Years
    The self-titled is the only Blink 182 album I've heard the whole of, although my friends tell me that "Cheshire Cat" was excellent. I really like "Feeling This", and my other favourite by them is "All the Small Things".

Back