• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] [Event] RP Secret Santa 2023 ♥ Pokémon Contest edition!

Eleanor

Princess Era 🎀
Years
  • Roleplay Secret Santa 2023

Hearthome City is proud to host the yearly Future Sight Contest, a truly unique opportunity for coordinators on the rise to meet and work with the Pokémon of the most highly regarded contest veterans that Sinnoh has to offer!

...and the Pokémon will be the gift that you, Secret Santas, will exchange between each other.

IC thread is over here!

♥ Schedule and details

More information on each part will be available in due time in the IC thread.

The first thing to do is introduce the coordinator that you will play as! Just sign up in this thread with your character profile; feel free to add as much (or as little) information as you want, and if you want to already write down something for the roleplay, consider a brief introduction post for the IC thread too!

Name:
    Appearance: (feel free to include your typical outfit for contests!)
    Personality:
    Contest style: (just explain what kind of moves your character would prefer in contests - dazzling and grandiose, clever and unexepcted, graceful and cute... - you can also look at the Contest conditions from the games to get inspiration).

Matching - December 10
    RP mods will match each participant to a different one, so that everyone will have a Secret Santa. Obviously these pairs are secret, you should therefore expect a private message containing the name of the coordinator you'll give Pokémon to.

Pokémon Creation - December 11 → 17
    During this week, your goal will be to gift two Pokémon to the person you're paired with. They will then have to use them when they write their performance round, so make sure they're a nice fit- but feel free to also go in an unexpected direction, use gimmicks in your sets, or give your partner a challenge... even your character will not know who the Pokémon belong to just yet.

Pokémon Details:
    For each Pokémon please include...
    Species:
    Nickname, if any:
    Moves: (each Pokémon can know up to 6 moves at a time out of all moves it can possibly learn - level up, TM, Egg Moves, and so on. Moves no longer usable in newer games can still be used).
    Ability: (Dream World abilities are ok).

Held items of any kind are not allowed during the performance.

Remember to send the Pokémon details to me, Eleanor, with a private message. The Secret Santa needs to stay secret!

Performance - December 18 → 31
    You can now write a Doubles performance post using those Pokémon! Performances are comparable to Pokémon Showcases from the Pokémon X/Y anime or the first round of Pokémon contests from the Hoenn and Sinnoh anime seasons. Each performance should last no more than 10 minutes, during which you can showcase all the most interesting move combinations from the Pokémon you've been assigned, as well as use props, ball stickers, or get into the action yourself! Remember though, Pokémon moves and abilities are what most of the focus is typically on.

Evaluation - January 1 → 7
    Into the new year! It will be now time for the Secret Santas to reveal themselves and give an evaluation on the performances you just read... especially the one that your Pokémon were involved in. You will be asked to give a score to each performance, from one to five stars, as if you were a neutral judge. After that, you will have to also give a score to the character that you gifted your Pokémon to, depending on how much you liked the way they used your Pokémon (also from one to five stars). I will tally up all the points at the end of the evaluation period and declare a winner ♥

For any questions or even for some quick brainstorming, feel free to post in here or ask directly to Eleanor (me)!

Last edited:

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • Name: Adrienne Camphrier
    Appearance: 5'10. Straight platinum blonde hair that touches her shoulderblades, hazel eyes, pale skin, oval face. Slim, flat-chested, no curves, long legs. Will NOT be seen in her large round glasses. All her clothes are perfectly tailored, even her "casual" outfits (if that's something she can be considered to have). Usually wears her hair slicked back and held in place with a sleek headband. Styles herself as a "charming prince", though the "charming" part is generally debatable.
    Personality: Haughty, self-centered, and stubborn. Quite vain and meticulous about her looks.
    Contest Style: She aims to combine her ideal of elegance with her natural affinity toward glitter and aggression.

Years
  • Phew, I almost missed the sign-up phase.

Name: Finnley "Finn" Stormrider
    Appearance: Finn is a tall and athletic individual with ocean-blue eyes and grey hair that perpetually looks windswept. He wears a combination of casual beach attire and a stylish coordinator's jacket adorned with aquatic-themed badges and trinkets. Finn is often seen with a laid-back smile and a pair of worn-out goggles hanging around his neck.
    Personality: Easygoing and adventurous, Finn has a carefree spirit that endears him to both Pokémon and people. He values the bond between trainers and their Pokémon, often emphasizing teamwork and synchronicity in his performances. While not overly competitive, Finn enjoys the thrill of contests and seeks to spread the joy of coordination wherever he goes.
    Contest style: Finn's contest style is not just about winning; it's about sharing the joy of coordination, celebrating the unique qualities of Pokémon, and fostering a sense of community among Coordinators. Finn enjoys experimenting with innovative and thematic contest performances. Finn is known for his adaptability in contests. He can tailor his performances to match the contest format, adjusting his routines based on the stage, the theme, and the preferences of the judging panel. But it might be a result of him sometimes going in with no plan or forgeting his Pokémon's moves.

budube

Hi I'm Cube
    Years
    • Age 24
    • She / They
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    Name: Morgan Cruz

Appearance: Morgan is a tall blonde long haired young man with a freckled face and white skin. He likes wearing colourful patterned shirts and a pair of heart shaped sunglasses to go with the shirt's main colour. He pairs that look with a pair of white denim shorts and white sneakers. Morgan also likes wearing accessories like earrings, bracelets, a heart shaped necklace and a silver anklet on his left ankle.

Personality: Morgan is shy, and a bit anxious around new people, contrary to how his appearance might make him look. However, he's also super friendly and kind to the people that have gotten to know him. He might be a bit vain, constantly fixing his hair or clothes, and doesn't like being seen with the same outfit twice in the same day.

Contest Style: Morgan likes showing the power of moves through displays of beauty. As such, his contest numbers consist of using really strong moves (80+ BP ingame), however, he's started experimenting with weather and terrain effects lately. His preferred Pokémon are weird looking ones, colourful and full of personality.

Eleanor

Princess Era 🎀
    Years
  • Hello :woop:
    Sign-ups have closed and pairings have been made! You can now truly get yourself into the role of Secret Santa and start working on the Pokémon that you will gift your partner ♥

Eleanor

Princess Era 🎀
    Years
  • Dear @Janp, @Aquacorde and @budube:

The performance section was supposed to begin today, but since not all Pokémon submissions are ready as of now, the deadline for this phase will be extended to Wednesday, December 20, 8 a.m. GMT. Make sure to send in your Pokémon if you haven't done it already, or something weird could happen :)

Eleanor

Princess Era 🎀
    Years
  • All of your Pokémon have been sent in and you can now start working on your performances! :coolrim:

Eleanor

Princess Era 🎀
    Years
  • @Janp @Aquacorde @budube

Hi there and (late) merry Christmas :)
    hope everything is going alright with the event! But I figured I'd ask, are you happy with the Pokémon you received? Any ideas of what the pairs could be? Feel free to write in here or message if you need anything ♥

Years

Hi there and (late) merry Christmas :)
    hope everything is going alright with the event! But I figured I'd ask, are you happy with the Pokémon you received? Any ideas of what the pairs could be? Feel free to write in here or message if you need anything ♥
    I'm loving my Pokémon. It took me a while to figure out how to use them effectively, but I love my draft so far. I'll hopefully finish it and post it on time.

Eleanor

Princess Era 🎀
    Years
  • Hello and happy new year!
    Unfortunately, it seems like only one out of three performances has been posted in time. Looking at your feedback and in the interest of seeing this event through, I will happily extend the deadline for your performance post by one more week (the new deadline will be Monday, January 8, 8 a.m. GMT) and move over the final stage as well. @Janp, feel free to keep editing your post in the meantime - @Aquacorde and @budube, hope to see your posts soon!

Eleanor

Princess Era 🎀
    Years

Given the current situation, it feels like the right time to wrap this up. Since there's only one performance post in the IC thread, Janp will be the unofficial winner!

From this point on, the event threads will be unpinned and the IC thread will be locked, while this thread will remain open for some more time. Since this is a brand new event format, some feedback would be greatly appreciated. Did you like the premises? Was there any reason behind the lack of posts? Did you have issues at any stage of the event?
    To be more specific: given that the holidays can often be a busy period, but that at the same time I noticed that all of you were able to create a character to play as during the first week, what would you say to a split event, where characters (or other "gifts") are created during the winter holidays, but only for later usage?

This is also the moment to reveal your Secret Santa pairings or your feelings regarding the Pokémon you received, should you wish to do so. I will chime in right now to say that I was the one behind @budube's Pokémon, with the idea of giving her a curve-ball kind of pair after her Secret Santa did not submit a Pokémon pair before the deadline.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Despite me leaving finishing up my post on the final moment (I'll work on this flaw in 2024), I had a lot of fun with this event.

First picking up Pokémon for someone else. I was tasked with picking up Pokémon for Aquacorde. I already wrote my reasoning to Loomie, when I was assigning my pick. So, let me just copy it here:
    Oricorio - I think Oricorio can be considered a "elegant" Pokémon, but Pom-Pom Style is in my opinion the least elegant of Oricorio's styles. So I can imagine this Pokémon will be challenging to use for Aquacorde's character, but still pretty fitting her overall vibe.
    Gorebyss - Gorebyss is yet another Pokémon that I think can be considered elegant, but also has a darker side. I think Gorebyss can fit the more aggresive side of Aquacorde's character.

As for my Pokémon, Maushold and Arboliva, I wasn't expecting them. If you would ask me about what Pokémon I was expecting, I think these two would be really low on a list. But I love them. I originally wanted to use all of their moves, but I run out of time and to be honest, couldn't really think of a way to use the remaining moves.

As for the event, it's a shame there was almost no activity. I would love to see other posts. I enjoyed it personally and I'll be looking forward your next event.

Back