• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Event/Save/Quit

Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2017
    Hi, I'm trying to make a really cool event that forces the game to close and when it's loaded back up the title screen changes as well as the location the player was last in. I've gone through dozens of codes and tutorials but can't seem to find anything on this. I would really love it if someone had a suggestion.

Thanks.

Years
    • Seen today
    Well, I don't know how to change the titlescreen, as you can't really use the in-game variables as they aren't loaded yet. (for fun, the calling of the title screen is in def pbCallTitle in Script Section Main, and the only things loaded by then are $data_animations, $data_tilesets, $data_common_events, $data_system, and $game_system)

But the other stuff is doable! You could fade to black and warp the player to the new location, then do a quiet save with pbSave(true), which returns true if it managed to save and false if it didn't (watch out for that yeah). Finally a simple exit (or possibly $scene=nil, I see it used in a number of the scripts) to kill the window.

But like seriously, you have to watch out for the fact that the game might have failed to save, because this can potentially lose progress for the player.

Back