• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Event Suggestions Approval

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
Years
  • So. I've formed a list of all the suggestions that were made, obviously getting rid of the many duplicate suggestions. I've also left out non-forum "events" such as a Discord channel or dubtrack sessions, as that's something that will be decided by the staff of those sections and won't be part of the main GT events.

I've included the names of the people who submitted event ideas because we are going to need to find hosts sooner rather than later and I think the people who suggested particular events should get first priority for hosting those events if they want - if not (or they're not suitable to do it for any of various reasons) we can look for alternatives.

Bolded are the event names that I personally think need clarification before we can greenlight them. Threads in red are already confirmed for hosts.

- Movie Night (smocks)
    - Cards Against Humanity games (smocks)
    - RP event (adventure)
    - Overwatch (Aaron)
    - Arcade Event (Aaron)
    - VG Trivia (Aaron)
    - UG Event (Johnny & gimmepie)
    - Jackbox Party Pack (Fafrir)
    - 15 Years of PC History (Hikamaru)
    - Egg Swap (Forever)
    - Create An Ultra Beast (Asirene)
    - Small Writing Contest (bobandbill)
    - Heroes of the Storm / League of Legends (Meganium)
    - Pokemon Anime caption contest (Mezzo)
    - Who's That Pokemon (Mezzo)
    - Pokemon Game Trivia (Mezzo)
    - Prettiest profile contest (Desinishon)
    - Shared save file Pokemon playthrough (Desinishon)
    - Scavenger Hunt (Janp)
    - iSketch (antemortem)
    - Singing Contest (Olli)
    - Smash Bros (Cay)
    - Map-off (Rainbow)
    - Whose Line Is It Anyway? On Discord (EvilChameleon)
    - Bug Catching Contest (Forever)
    - PokeAni Movie Night (Charlie Brown)

I want to say that we really don't need to be selective at all when looking through these - as I said in the discord, we're not hosting these ourselves and we're leaving around a month for EOs to sort themselves out, so besides the ones pending clarification I'm happy to accept the lot of them. Almost all of them are events that worked out in previous years too.

Last edited:

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • What kind of clarification would we need from the events that are bolded?
    generally I meant that I'm not sure exactly what it entails, or they were described in a vague way that doesn't make the purpose or method of gameplay clear. I'm gonna go ahead and ask the 3 bolded people if they have a proposal for how they would set up the game.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • i got confirmation from Johnny and GP that they've already started planning a UG event for this. 1/3 clarifications done. I've also marked them in red on the list to indicate that EOs have already been chosen - since they've already started work and they're the UG mods I think we can bypass the normal volunteering process on this one.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • Ok so should we go through that list now and just colour-code it accordingly?
    Er, colour code it according to what.

I've already been through the list, are you talking about finding Event Organizers for each of them? I was gonna do that publicly in a thread.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • I'm happy to make a thread when needed (unless somebody else wants to), but the one thing I'm puzzling over is exactly how to choose the hosts. I listed the people who suggested events in the OP because I believe the people who suggested events should have priority if they want to host them, but how do we organize that exactly?

For example, what if other people sign up to host a particular event, but later the person who suggested it says they want to? Do we un-EO the first person? What's the timeframe for signing up as a host? These aren't particularly hard to answer but we do need to get it figured out before we can make a thread.

A reasonable thing I think would be to hold off on the thread for a few days. Send Private Messages to the people who suggested events, ask them if they want to host that particular event. If they say no or don't reply after a few days, put that event in a list of public "up-for-adoption?" events that can be posted in a thread. This would eliminate the possible issue I mentioned in the last paragraph, as long as we mention in the PMs that they'll lose their priority hosting chance if they don't confirm within a few days.

Think this would be good?

Years
  • In that case, I guess it'd be okay to perhaps start sending out PMs to those who suggested events (and we approve) and asking them if they have additional members to help them out with their event.

From my understanding, they lay out their event in full in the Planning section and we ask them questions if needed. I dunno if this is gonna get changed up for this year, but that's how it has been in past years that I have hosted GT events.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • Given that we uh, decided to do it this week and there's not much week left, I'm hoping to start sending out PMs to the people who made suggestions tomorrow. Does anyone object to that?

Also if anyone is in the mood to help out with the PM sending please do say so, so that we can split the list.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • It's no more than that I'd like to give people who came up with cool event ideas the chance to host them if they want.

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
    Years
  • ^ should we get people to apply for EO then - not for specific events but just apply to be part of the pool of EOs, and then go from there with assigning them?

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
    Years
  • This thread as in the list in the OP: list of events + the person who proposed it listed as the host?

also to add to the list of events - I suggested a PokeAni Movie Night that I can host @Rainbow

Last edited:
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    Would it be possible to have these two events approved or are we too late? :x

- Battling tournament with 4 match-ups given to everyone at the beginning, then rank people at the end based on their win/loss score. Battles will be best of three with GSC/ADV/DPP OU.
    - Second tournament with the same format as the above, but battles are Gen 2/3/4 Random.

I can host both, ask BSS or other staff to help out, and/or bump the host signups thread.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • Would it be possible to have these two events approved or are we too late? :x

- Battling tournament with 4 match-ups given to everyone at the beginning, then rank people at the end based on their win/loss score. Battles will be best of three with GSC/ADV/DPP OU.
    - Second tournament with the same format as the above, but battles are Gen 2/3/4 Random.

I can host both, ask BSS or other staff to help out, and/or bump the host signups thread.
    I think that's fine, as long as you're confident you can have your threads ready in time. When staff want to host an event related to their sections we don't really bother applying the usual approval process.

I assume you can already see the EO section so go ahead and get started whenever you like. :)

Back