• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Event] The Amazing Pokémon Race

Sun

When the sun goes down...
Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
It's a shame I wasn't able to end my playthrough in time. But the end of the event, doesn't mean an end of my Black 2 game. I'm still going to finish it (but stop making screenshots of every random TM I found :P). Because I still haven't finished a Gen V game yet.

I know the event wasn't much of a real success. I take the responsibility on picking a wrong time as well as for the restricting rules. Please offer us your feedback and suggestions too, it doesn't really matter if it's constructive or a positive one -- feedback and suggestions are welcome!

Once again, I would really really like to thank ya guys for participating. Means a lot, y'all rock!<3 ;)

P.S. You can simply express in this thread, since it's related to the event after all. There's no concern of being off topic. :)

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
Years
I know the event wasn't much of a real success. I take the responsibility on picking a wrong time as well as for the restricting rules. Please offer us your feedback and suggestions too, it doesn't really matter if it's constructive or a positive one -- feedback and suggestions are welcome!

Once again, I would really really like to thank ya guys for participating. Means a lot, y'all rock!<3 ;)

P.S. You can simply express in this thread, since it's related to the event after all. There's no concern of being off topic. :)

The lack of success was mainly to blame to the timing of the event, just when everybody appeared to be busy, and the deathness of the Pokémon Clubs section in general. If there were more participants, I'm sure the Race would have been a lot more exciting. Nevertheless, I've really enjoyed the piece of the Race I played.

As for some criticism: the point system wasn't always entirely clear. For example it said " Winning a Rival battle (per) gives 25 Pts. (Make sure to not forget!)" , but then you have to read further to notice that "The initial match on Aspertia lookout, Floccesy Ranch match and both initial and rematch with your rival in Driftveil City during post-game do not give points" I think if you just limited it to Gyms, Elite Four and TMs it all would be a lot more clear.

Reactions: Sun

Sun

When the sun goes down...
Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
The lack of success was mainly to blame to the timing of the event, just when everybody appeared to be busy, and the deathness of the Pokémon Clubs section in general. If there were more participants, I'm sure the Race would have been a lot more exciting. Nevertheless, I've really enjoyed the piece of the Race I played.

As for some criticism: the point system wasn't always entirely clear. For example it said " Winning a Rival battle (per) gives 25 Pts. (Make sure to not forget!)" , but then you have to read further to notice that "The initial match on Aspertia lookout, Floccesy Ranch match and both initial and rematch with your rival in Driftveil City during post-game do not give points" I think if you just limited it to Gyms, Elite Four and TMs it all would be a lot more clear.

I do admit I put the participant limits on purpose, as this was suppose to be part of a test water event for PoC. But I totally missed the bad timing issue, due to my carelessness and inexperience on organizing events. Nevertheless, a valuable experience and lesson for me!

I actually have to agree on that part. The points, along the rules are so complicating that it can turn off a person. Therefore, should I organize an Amazing Race in the future, I'll try to keep them clear and easy.

Thanks for everything, partner. ^_^

Back