• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Ever made it through diglett's cave without HM05?

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
Years
  • I did it the hard way. I spent almost two days walking to nowhere until I begged my cousins to help me out.

It turns out that I was walking in complete circles. =/

I was nine, guys.

JojoX2

Medicham Fan *Chammy ftw*
    Years
  • In Red I never got Flash. Was to lazy dX After some time I knew the way by heart. But now, I don´t.... It was a too long time without playing Red

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    Yep, I have. It was such a pain in the ass, though. . =( Especially after I ran into a level 32 Dugtrio. . >.> It took so long for me to beat it (due to my Pokémon being at level 20-23), that I forgot where I was! D= And my Pokémon were, like. . Dead. .

Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2016
    Well yes, when I first played it, it was kinda hard and surprising because of the trainers there but I survived.

Starberry

The berry of awesomeness
    Years
  • I didn't use FLASH in Red simply because I was too lazy to get it and catch a pokemon that could learn in. I just got my way around by bumping and guessing.

fishrocker

the fish that rocks
    Years
  • One time, in Silver, I got lost in Whirlpool Islands w/o Flash. I was stuck, couldn't find the exit, so I started over.

Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2010
    i dont even know where to get flash. ive gone through rock tunnel so many times ive memorized exactly where the trainers are and the fastest way to get out.

Blue_Drifblim

¯\(º_o)/¯
    Years
  • >_> Wow... am I one of the only people who got HM05?

I always use HM05 if I have to; IMO, it's alot better than wondering around in the darkness. Like somebody else said, by the time I would find the exit without it, I probably could have caught a pokemon, taught it Flash, and be done with already.

i dont even know where to get flash. ive gone through rock tunnel so many times ive memorized exactly where the trainers are and the fastest way to get out.

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
  • Flash (HM05) in Diglett's cave would be completely useless.
    However,
    I did get through Rock Tunnel without using HM05, because my friend wrote directions on where to go. I guess I'm a cheater?

foullump

Rom Hacking Guru
    Years
  • Rock tunnel, almost every time. I didn't ever want to teach it to pikachu and abras are always teleporting away, so that's my only option. xD

Back