• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ever thought about having kids?

matt561

Your French Charizard
Years
  • I quite like the idea of kids and apprently I will have 4 daughters

Guess im gonna have to get used of putting the toilet seat down

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
    Years
  • Lol reading the comments that have piled, I have come to realize that people seem believe that all kids are evil, and or require a lot of work, and or require the essence of money.

Now while children do require work, and require money. Evilness isn't a part of the equation.
    Nor, is life about money. A child isn't a tool, not a trophy. It is another living human being, which should be treated with the decency any human being should receive.

Food, a roof over their heads, clothes, and a loving nature.

But, as long as you at least recognize these dedications, you have your choice of wanting a child or not.

A damn lie. A damn lie indeed. Children are the root of all evil.

Aizuke

[b]long sword style[/b]
    Years
  • I'd love to have children, maybe when I'm a bit older though. Right now I'm content with watching my brother and sister's children. Though sometimes they can be a pain in the ass, still, I love them. Watching them grow up, watching them learn, develop new skills, learn new words. I can see it in my siblings, how much their kids mean to them. I see that in my own parents too. Having a child of your own, is probably the best experience anyone could have. Having a child really changes a person and how they deal and react to life around them. Most people say they hate children and never would dream of having one. But once you experience it, you don't feel that way anymore.

Though people who don't have children, sadly neglect theirs if it wasn't planned. But still, I'd never be one of those people. If I ever have kids, I'd love them with everything I have and do my best to give them the best life they can have.

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    Savage and sims796, you both got a bit carried away with your argument so I basically... deleted it. In the future do not go off-topic and be sure to avoid any personal attacks.

btw yes I love kids, I want one now. I should probably wait till after uni though.

Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2010
    I've thought of it...and in the end I just don't want children.
    Raising kids requires time, money, patience and love; none of which I have. That may change over time, but for now I'm fairly sure that I don't want to marry and if I want kids I'll adopt them as they're already alive and in need of a caring family.

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
  • I would love to have kids. Two girls. I have even thought of names.
    Josephine & Jessica. I just love those names. But I'll have to wait until I'm older though, silly to have them now.

Tokin

:3
    Years
    • Seen Sep 19, 2009
    no, I plan to dedicate myself to my career and occupations, it wouldn't be good for me or them^^

Clairissa

Shining brilliantly!
    Years
  • I've thought about it, but too young and don't make a whole lot of money to do something like that...
    If I did I'd probably adopt anyway =X

matt561

Your French Charizard
    Years
  • If I did I'd probably adopt anyway =X
    My hat goes off to you my friend

I have also thought about names. I like the name Noemi but to have 4 well thats alot of planning

If you wonder how i know this its because someone i know can read this type of thing apparently and she has been right with all her other predictions about children

Getting back on subject like i said before I really am looking forwad to becoming a dad just when i am ready to be one

Volkner's Apprentice

PC Veteran Prize Fighter
    Years
  • I don't want kids anytime soon. In fact, I don't even want to be married until my late 20s (27-29 would be perfect!) I'm all for relationships, but considering I want a degree in public relations, I'm considering medical school and if that doesn't work out, business school, I won't really have a huge commitment opening for quite some time. :P

I do however, very much want kids, I just need to wait until the time is right. Two boys and one girl would be perfect, doesn't necessarily matter the order (although a set of twins would be cool!)

Misty, Lance, and Rafael are names I'd love to have. The first two do come from Pokemon, but only Misty is really related to that XD. Lance I just find to be an awesome name.

Cosmic Tyrant

Ruler of the Cosmos
    Years
  • I'd love to have children. Hopefully their mother would be willing to have them. I think I'd be a decent father. Help teach them the qualities they need, see them through school. Of course, I'd need to get a well paying job first. Of if their mother wants to be the one working, then I could play the role of the stay-at-home parent. I'm not too prejudice to make the mother have to stay at home, she has rights, too.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    definitely...I want a boy and girl...I would be an excellent parent because I've had much experience with babies...I love them all so much!!!

I'm a softie for the babiez...:)

1stGenNut

1st Gen Fanatic
    Years
  • I love kids, and I would definitely have them, but I wouldn't have anymore then two at the most. Two will do me fine!

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
  • I'm definitely having kids....Not ASAP or anything like that (I'd like to finish school first), but it's definitely something I want to experience. Two girls and a boy would be perfect, in no particular order though. :D

Infernape

fire power!
    Years
  • I thought about having a kid. But my girlfriend dosen't want any and is scared to have any so I respect her and after taking care of my three year old nephew for over a week, I don't really want any either x)

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
  • I plan on having 62 kids... boy do I need a hobby.

:[ Um, maybe just the normal boy / girl combination. Maybe twins. I don't know yet. But one thing's for sure, I definitely do not want an only child because it gets very lonely being an only child myself.

Back