• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Every Complaint into An All One

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    The GS Ball - This one has stumped experts for years. Where is it, and what was inside of it? Well, Trisha Takashi, creator of the infallible Gamera Man from Megaman 28 has learned exactly what the secret of this mysterious mystery is. The GS Ball is in fact nothing more than a sonar to an old WWIII nuclear submarine, aptly named the SSGS. Currently, it is in the hands of Team Yog, a criminal organization that infests the Region of Bozo. Kurt had no comment when asked how he could just lose such a priceless artifact.

This was answered in an interview last year, it was going to be Celebi but they put it in a movie instead, hoping that everyone would forget about the GS Ball. Seriously. XD

Trap-Eds

Dig a hole, dig a hole........
    Years
    This thread is fun. x)

Believe it or not, I actually have a complaint-I would love it if the anime was more developed with the characters. You know, dig more into all their pasts and what not. And maybe a drop of blood once in awhile *shot* I understand why they're not, though-*goofy voicethis show is aimed at little kidsgoofy voice* So I guess if I want a more developed anime I can make my own or read someone else's, *fanfiction* or just read PokeSpecial...[yes, I know that's not an anime, but it's the closest thing to violent & developed Pokemon we've got]

Blue_Drifblim

¯\(º_o)/¯
    Years
    Also, it would be pretty cool if the animation was better.

My only complaint. But... I've noticed something. There are certain scenes in two DP episodes that seem to use a different, crisper type of animation. They are only about 2-3-4 seconds long though and there are very few. If you can, check out the Riolu episode(Part 1) when Riolu is standing on the tree and Ash+crew are hiding in the bushes(before the battle). For about 3-4 seconds the animation goes ultra nice clear sharp. When I first saw it, I assumed they were testing a new, clearer animation style. It's easier to notice for me because I recorded the episode on tape; you might not be able to see online.

The new HD revelation makes me think my theory is even more true. XD

I Laugh at your Misfortune!

Normal is a synonym for boring
    Years
    It's gotten repetitive and gay.

The Rules that you clearly haven't read said:
    words such as "gay" when used in a derogatory manner must not be used.

That speaks for itself.

Besides, the anime is, at heart, a kid's show. Kid's show are repetetive. Deal with it.

Oh, SBaby, we do actually have a real answer regarding the GS ball:

Interview with Masamitsu Hidaka from Pokebeach said:
    What's the deal with the GS Ball? As I said "GS Ball," he shook his head and started to laugh, embarrassed. He stated "You're very sharp (for us remembering that, I guess)" and began to explain it contained a Gold and Silver monster. I asked him if Celebi was in the Ball (since you use it to summon Celebi in the Japanese games), and at first he paused, as if he shouldn't say, but then said "Yes." He explained that the writers were originally going to have a whole story about Celebi in the show with Ash and crew, and he made it sound as if the story was more important than the Ball's function of getting Ash to move around (in fact, he only briefly mentioned the latter part; he was emphasizing the existence of the story more than anything). But, they decided to save Celebi for the movie instead, which is why that plot hole was just left there. He said the writers didn't know what to do with the Ball after they made their decision, so they were hoping fans would just forget about it all together when Ash and crew left it with Kurt. My impression of what he was saying was that it was all just poor planning. I asked if we would ever see the GS Ball again, and he said no. I think we can safely say the GS Ball case is closed now.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    That speaks for itself.

Besides, the anime is, at heart, a kid's show. Kid's show are repetetive. Deal with it.

Oh, SBaby, we do actually have a real answer regarding the GS ball:

I dunno. I still think the other answer fits the No Legendaries For Ash tone of the Anime alot better though. It's definitely more plausible than having a Legendary Pokemon in it. But the fact that the Anime itself doesn't bother to explain it (even a 5-second offscreen explanation would've sufficed) and the audience is forced into doing research that can be attributed to nothing more than busy work really renders what he said moot. Not to mention the amount of time it took him to come up with that explanation. I mean, when SatAM ended, Ben Hurst already KNEW that the red eyes at the end belonged to Naugus. There was no 3-4 year wait for an answer. He said outright, 'Naugus'. How complicated is that?

He should've just said, 'the writers were too lazy to come up with an explanation,'. I probably would've bought that over Ash just giving a possibly ancient artifact to some random bum on the street. I mean, I didn't give my Sword of the Immortal to that guy that asked for it in Prog, and nothing happened to me. Who in any real world scenario, even in fantasy Anime like this would do something so stupid when there's clearly no beneficial reason to do so? You wouldn't give the Ultima Weapon to Bugenhagen because he wanted to admire its shine, would you? Even a noob wouldn't be that dumb. This kind of thing just validates what that samurai dude from Episode 3 or 4 said about Ash basically being a moron. But more on that later.

Last edited:

Akio123

Sadness forever...
    Years
    To be fair though, he was asked by Professor Oak to do so. Honestly, I don't blame Ash anymore for what goes on, because he is controlled by writers who aren't that bright. I mean they dumped a random Macguffin for a movie...and a couple specials. I mean I rather that than more Celebi garbage. >_> *hates the stupid little thing*

Honestly, I can't stand how the writers decide to make Deus Ex Machinas for everything now a days. I mean honestly, Ash has developed, why do they still need to make have of the wins a matter of luck? Or even contrived evolution. Piloswine (For that matter Mamoswine) and Staraptor had the most random evolutions ever. I mean I know you can't plan for them, but magically when the heroes are in a pinch their pokemon:
    A. Evolve
    B. Learn a new move that magically changes the situation.
    It get's a bit irritating.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    To be fair though, he was asked by Professor Oak to do so.

When you're asked to give an ancient omnipotent artifact to a random guy, you don't give it to that guy. You keep it. Especially when the guy that asks you doesn't even pay you for your trouble.

As it is, why would Celebii be in the ball? How did he get there? Who caught him? Was he there to begin with? And why would someone ever discard such a find?

I think there's more plot holes that I'd complain about as a result of you mentioning the interview than I had to complain about in the first place.

Last edited:

Akio123

Sadness forever...
    Years
    Yeah but also think about the mind set of a dutiful 10 year old. IE Ash pre-...5th badge in Johto. If that early. Besides, not like he knows how to open it. Considering the fact that a famous pokemon professor and her associates couldn't figure it out, I doubt he could. I get what your saying, but it does him no good to keep it. Besides, do you want more Celebi?

Azumi

★七色に光る女★
    Years
    Honestly, I can't stand how the writers decide to make Deus Ex Machinas for everything now a days. I mean honestly, Ash has developed, why do they still need to make have of the wins a matter of luck? Or even contrived evolution. Piloswine (For that matter Mamoswine) and Staraptor had the most random evolutions ever. I mean I know you can't plan for them, but magically when the heroes are in a pinch their pokemon:
    A. Evolve
    B. Learn a new move that magically changes the situation.
    It get's a bit irritating.

C. The Pokemon suddenly gains power, and "uber"ly wins the battle.

Seadiga

Art is a bang, hm!
    Years
    Which pokemon?Probebly Pikachu.A Page from my Top Ten Handbook put Pikachu first because "If you go around and ask every trainer you met"What's your favourite pokemon"The answer will be almost always Pikachu." What is Nintendo and any other Pokemon Company Thinking!Alot more people like Mew or Jirachi or Lugia than a Pikachu who could wipe out the entier universe in one shot.

Azumi

★七色に光る女★
    Years
    A lot more people know what a Pikachu is than a Mew or Jirachi, Seadiga.

So right.

One day, I was eating with my family + friends, and they started getting excited about Pikachu, the only thing they know about Pokemon, and that was the time I realised I had to excuse myself from the table.

Seadiga

Art is a bang, hm!
    Years
    So if Ash Started with a Magicarp,more people would like Magicarp?And by the time that Tenth Anniversery Pokemon Top Ten Handbook came out,most people who liked pokemon would have a different favourite that Pikachu.

Seadiga

Art is a bang, hm!
    Years
    And if Ash started with a Magikarp, that would be the face of Pokemon.But seriously, another quote says "won us all over"?They are making assumptions! Alot more people now would see Rayquaza or Lugia or Mewtwo or Piplup or (Insert well known pokemon besides pikachu HERE) as a worthy reason to keep playing or watching just to see if they can see/find/catch it!

Akio123

Sadness forever...
    Years
    So if Ash Started with a Magicarp,more people would like Magicarp?And by the time that Tenth Anniversery Pokemon Top Ten Handbook came out,most people who liked pokemon would have a different favourite that Pikachu.
    You realize though that 60% of the fandom got tired of the mascot right? Piplup hasn't even been outside of Sinnoh and think about the crap s/he gets. I mean people don't really like the mascot, the creators of Pokemon assume that the cutest pokemon they can find should be on the face of the product. The fandom is so picky that after a while they get tired of it. However you are SOMEWHAT right. Though they would never pick a Magikarp, if they picked another cutesty pokemon (Remember originally it was even going to be Clefairy), that would indeed be the face of Pokemon.

Back