• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Every Complaint into An All One

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2013
    You realize though that 60% of the fandom got tired of the mascot right? Piplup hasn't even been outside of Sinnoh and think about the crap s/he gets. I mean people don't really like the mascot, the creators of Pokemon assume that the cutest pokemon they can find should be on the face of the product. The fandom is so picky that after a while they get tired of it. However you are SOMEWHAT right. Though they would never pick a Magikarp, if they picked another cutesty pokemon (Remember originally it was even going to be Clefairy), that would indeed be the face of Pokemon.

I don't buy that fandom at large hates Pikachu, either the anime or in-game. I'm fairly certain that that's just a (vocal) minority who grew out of the franchise. It's the one Pokemon with a constant marketing presence, and it's in every single core game's regional dex. And Pikachu has probably had more events than anybody else.

Years
    • Seen Sep 16, 2023
    Pickachu is and will always be the symbol of pokemon, because to change the Mascot at this time will be a great gamble because people may or may not like it.

Maybe a Poll?

Seadiga

Art is a bang, hm!
    Years
    Pikachu's Cute and all,but aren't Pokemon getting a bit overboard?I bet my lv42 Wailord,that Pikachu's thunderbolt could and will in the upcoming movie,defeat Arcues in one hit!And you won't belive how many e-mails Pokemon.com gets asking ASh and Uberchu to scoot over and make room for a balenced seaon!(Which is why I like Pokemon Chronicles)

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I also hate how they seem to forget to give other pokemon besides piplup on dawn's team more camera action...

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2013
    At least Buneary is getting some. Pachi is in desperate need for screen time.

What I've noticed is that it kind of goes through cycles. A Pokemon will get a lot of screen time, then take a back seat, and in a few weeks, will come back for more.

I know it seems like forever, but the producers have done a pretty good job of making sure all of Ash and Dawn's Pokes get some screen time and character development.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Yes, I guess buneary has gotten some camera, but poor pachi needs it...and that contest in Akebi Town or what ever it is called isn't good enough I think! They better bring out the best of Pachi in Sunyshore City...

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
    I think the show would be much better if they had Team Magma/Aqua/Galactic in the show more often.

Another thing I find weird, but amusing (I don't exactly hate it) is when you first see Gardenia with team rocket and she's all like, "OMG your Carnivine/Cacnea is soooooo cute!" and it was kinda disturbing.

Years
    Most of these complaints can be answered very easily.
    It's because the show is made for kids!
    It's the reason why the good guys always win,the reason why Ash always works so hard to train his pokemon,and why they don't show cruelty towards pokemon.
    This isn't the 90's people.
    Things have changed.People blame all sorts of media for our kid's behaviors.
    Do kids really need to see a Team Rocket member abuse his pokemon to show that he is "evil"?

All this goody-goody two shoes stuff is to teach kids lessons.
    To never give up when things look bleak.
    Cheaters never prosper.

I know us older people enjoy the show too,but it isn't made for us.

/Rant

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    I think the show would be much better if they had Team Magma/Aqua/Galactic in the show more often.

Magma and Aqua failed at their only possible mission: Raise Kyogre or Groudon. Seeing that those two teams are also not in DPPT, I doubt they'll make an appearance.

BeatTheSpecialStage

is gay for Ritchie
    Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2009
    I wanna see an actual episode introducing his ball cap kid, or at least referrencing him.

Seadiga

Art is a bang, hm!
    Years
    Maybe he just likes following Ash and friends around?Or is a spy working for Team(Insert team here)
    EDIT:My complaint is about Misty,one of THE best female heros(or heroines)in Pokemon!Bring Misty Back Please Pokemon!!!

Back