• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ASM & Hex] every single routine i compile does ******* nothing

Years
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    Hi!
    I recently learned about this ASMagics and looked through a few tutorials like the FBI, Shinyquagsire, etc and learned how to compile, so I used a routine from the asm resource thread and compiled using HackMew's compiler and inserted into a rom and poof it wont work for some god damn reason please help if someone knows the solution.

secret info over here:
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Apr 15, 2024
    Hi!
    I recently learned about this ASMagics and looked through a few tutorials like the FBI, Shinyquagsire, etc and learned how to compile, so I used a routine from the asm resource thread and compiled using HackMew's compiler and inserted into a rom and poof it wont work for some god damn reason please help if someone knows the solution.

secret info over here:
    Spoiler:

You'll need to be more specific. Does the game freeze or does the routine never get referenced. Did you make sure to insert it at an offset ending in 0,4,8,C? Did you remember to add in the hook linking the asm routine to the relevant function?

Years
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    okay.
    when i use random trainer id and secret id setter the game freezes while routines like the routine you gave me i.e.,the player name changer by loadpointer does nothing i.e., it doesn't get referenced.
    and i make sure to use offset ending with 0, 4, 8, c.
    and as far as i know there was no hook to the above routines.

EDIT: this is not the only routine like even routines which are compiled by the author works but if i compile them then they won't so i'm stuck with regular game functions.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 15, 2024
    okay.
    when i use random trainer id and secret id setter the game freezes while routines like the routine you gave me i.e.,the player name changer by loadpointer does nothing i.e., it doesn't get referenced.
    and i make sure to use offset ending with 0, 4, 8, c.
    and as far as i know there was no hook to the above routines.

EDIT: this is not the only routine like even routines which are compiled by the author works but if i compile them then they won't so i'm stuck with regular game functions.

I did have a small error that i've fixed in the original post, and I tested it and it works fine. As far as the random trainer ID, I would guess its something wrong with the .random definition at the bottom of the routine. Though I haven't used that routine myself.

Back