• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"Ew not this place again."

Years
  • Most Victory Roads. They are so long, have unskippable trainer battle and require the use of HM. I'm usually forced to bring at least 1 HM slave to get through them. I especially hate Sinnoh one. And Kanto one has the special place in my heart, because I lost my Rattata Nuzlocke Solo run on the very last trainer in there. I'm glad they are going away with the concept or making them not "just a huge cave" anymore.

Years
    • Seen today
    Mt. Coronet. It requires many HM's to pass through, the upper parts have sad music, you have to fight Team Galactic there, and you can't fly from the Spear Pillar. You have to go back to the outer parts to use it.

Sinnoh's Victory Road. Janp already explained this one.

Goldenrod City (HGSS only) - That music!

Explorer of Time

Advocate of Ideals
    Years
  • In general, any location where you have to go along one-way paths and can't return easily without Fly. Route 123 and the Route 132/133/134 Ocean Current in Hoenn, and Route 45 in Johto are the worst offenders, but Jagged Pass in Hoenn (without the Acro Bike) and Route 4 in Kanto are also quite annoying.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I don't like the beginning (up to the ~3rd badge typically) of most Pokemon games, they tend to be loaded with tutorials and have the most generic Pokemon. The prospect of having to spend 3+ hours running through text and exchanging Tackles with menial trainers is why I rarely restart my Pokemon games these days. Other then that, I hate going through Pinwheel Forest in BW1; it's just a long sequence of mostly unskippable trainers (and grass) that drags on for way too long. The fact that it's immediately followed up by the amazing Skyarrow Bridge and Castelia City also hurts it; I just want to power through it to get to what's after whenever I play.

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Online now
    X/Y: Lysandre Labs + Team Flare HQ. Dislikes the gigantic arrow + warp tile room of the former and the long, pointless hallway of the latter. Battles a lot of trainers with 1-2 Pokemon. Fights Lysandre three times for some reason.

Also X/Y: Route 13. Dislikes the random wind combined with trying to grind on rails. Also add in unrepellable Arena Trap Dugtrios coming to get you.

Avoids Seafoam Islands in Kanto. Looks too same-y. Struggles to stay properly oriented. Results in extra encounters (if not using a repel).

Years
    • Seen today
    Rocket Hideout in Johto Mahogany Town. It's immediately followed by another very long rocket hideout. I don't know why they were crammed together.

Years
  • The Aether Foundation, specifically when it becomes Team Rocket's Castle during the Rainbow Rocket bit in USUM.
    Just... so many battles... it takes forever.

The thread title is pretty much what I thought when I played through this for the second time on UM.

Aside from that most victory roads evoke an 'ugh' feeling in me.

Curt_09

Also known as Chozo
    Years
  • Kinda obligatory to mention how Mt. Coronet is an overall miserable experience, however it was nice to have a challenge that required you to use all of the tools available at that point in the game. I never really enjoyed Route 119 in RSE or Routes 210 and 212 in DPP. Recent poor experiences were Galar Mine No. 2 and Route 8 in Sw/Sh based purely on the wild encounters, though I did end up exp farming the Stunfisk so it wasn't all bad.

Reginald Cosmic

Big Shot
    Years
    • Age 26
    • He/Him/His
    • Seen today
    For me, it's less Victory Road nowadays and moreso grinding for the Elite Four in Gens I through III, especially Sapphire. It's brutal, so in recent months, I've started hoarding Rare Candy until the very end of the game before the Elite Four.

EDIT: Also, I kind of hate that part of Gen III Kanto where, after you save Mr. Fuji from Team Rocket, you have to trek down multiple routes to get the Fuchsia after the Route 12 Snorlex (if you're a rebel) or deal with bikers on Cycling Road (if you're basic). It's gotten less annoying with time, but it takes a lot out of me. Rock Tunnel is probably the bronze for Gen III Kanto "Oh, it's THAT part of the game."

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
    Years
  • As many users have mentioned, I too am not the biggest fan of any Victory Road. In addition, perhaps I can mention my least favorite place to enter in each generation:

Generation I: Rock Tunnel - I don't like navigating caves in older games, especially without Repel. I also hate when I am required to teach my Pokémon useless HM moves such as Flash.
    Generation II: Ice Cave - I can't speak for anybody else, but for some reason, the Ice Cave en route to Blackthorn City was very hard for me to navigate. It was so frustrating.
    Generation III: Victory Road - Practically any Victory Road is frustrating to navigate, but in Hoenn, it is the only place I hate having to traverse. While others complain of having to traverse the water in Hoenn, I actually enjoyed it, as I am a huge marine lover. More water + island region = happy Serenity
    Generation IV: Mt. Coronet - Arguably the worst location to traverse in Pokémon. It requires the use of too many HMs, most of which are useless moves and the puzzles and constant Pokémon attacking you makes it hard to navigate.
    Generation V: Victory Road - While the main region has no places that I hate visiting, Victory Road anywhere will take the cake regardless if I can't think of something else.
    Generation VI: Victory Road - Same as Unova
    Generation VII: When I think about it, I don't think any location existed in Alola that I hated to go. I don't even recall it having a Victory Road, which is great.
    Generation VIII: Galar didn't have any locations either that I hated to visit. In fact, in my opinion, the new gameplay style makes exploring in Pokémon much more fun. If anything, I wanted to go everywhere this generation.
    Generation IX: Same as with Galar, I just enjoy exploring every square inch of Paldea.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • I can't say Rock Tunnel in RBY/FRLG was particularly fun...

But the worst for me was Wayward Cave back when I first Played Diamond. I got turned around and wasn't using Flash, so it took me a while to get out of that place. @_@

SteCisGreendog

Iron Armour Forever
    Years
  • I have a bad recollection of tiresome areas, so I'll bring up one thing I previously went through. The Kanto Route 13/14/15 stretch for the first time, without a Bicycle and Fly. Three trainer-laden routes sandwiched together seems rightly excessive when I'm rushing from one town to another.

Back