• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other Question] Extendtext.exe not working on Window 10

Years
  • I had no issues with extendtext.exe on my older laptop running WIndows 7, however since I have gotten a new desktop with Windows 10 on it I have ran into a major issue.
    I can't run RPG Maker XP unless I run it in compatibility mode as Windows XP which is fine, but even if I run the extendtext in the same compatibility mode it still refuses to work regardless if I run it as an administrator or not.

Needless to say this is braking my events, so if anyone knows a fix or work around I would greatly appreciate the help!

Years
    • Seen Jan 14, 2021
    I ended up having the same issue with ExtendText, and it took some fiddling to get it working.

I had to end it in the task manager first: Then, I went in to the properties, and enabled comparability mode for "Windows XP (Service Pack 2)". Then, I ran it as administrator once, and now it works every time.

Years
  • Thank you so much Maruno!
    It works just like you said, you beautiful alien, reptile, thing.

Back