• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Extra! Extra! 1st issue

Years
    Ok guys since pokeurs34 can't seem to log in he's asked me the co-chief of the newpaper to post this. It's the first issue of the pokemon times, so here it is
    hot of the press the first issue of the pokemon times enjoy! :D

Extra! Extra! 1st issue

Extra! Extra! 1st issue

Extra! Extra! 1st issue

Extra! Extra! 1st issue

Banners or userbars:
    Sure were like a banner here are some are supporters made.

Extra! Extra! 1st issue
    Made by greenstorm

So sit back with your coffe or whatever you drink and read the pokemon times :D

Also please comment on what you think we should do and what would make the pokemon times better thanks.

~Pokemon xd and pokeurs 34

Last edited:

Swift!

The Swiftiest
    Years
    I agree with Gymnotide.

It should be saved in PNG to make it easier to read and, overall, better looking.

Other than that, it looks great. Although, in my article, it says "Pokemon: Arceus and the Jewel of Life". Isn't the movie called "Arceus - Towards The Overcome's Time-Space/Arceus: The Conquering of Space-Time"?

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
    Years
    Also, the part about genders is not necessarily true. Basically, gender in Generation II (one after RBY, yes, but we're assuming you're also considering what happens when you trade pokémon across generations) was determined by the Attack IV and nothing else. So, you could pretty much have a pokémon with a crappy defense and a crappy attack or a better attack than its defense (if your luck really sucked with Defense IVs), and it'd still be female. In other words, good defense =/= female.

Other than that, it's not bad. Could use a proofreader, though, but that's just the grammar nazi in me talking.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    I'm gonna translate what they mean to say in a language that must be understood.

Do not do this on MS Paint!!!!

That program can give the worst quality you can possibly get from the computer community.

Instead, use the free program "GiMP".

It WILL take some time for you to learn GiMP but trust me, that picture will really look like an issue once you get to it.

Of course, you can do certain arts in MS Paint but for the whole project just no. Please No.

Google GiMP, and if you need help with it, don't hesitate to PM, I will gladly help.

Oh, and also, make sure you check multiple sources before final determination of facts for the issues.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Whatisthispokemontimesthing*takesalook*

Not bad, I suppose - for the most part the layout is decent - the 1st page is a tad messy with multiple half-articles going onto the 2nd page and not being in line with each other, but minor and the rest is quite fine. Maybe try to keep articles that have to go over to the next page at a minimum (say, 1st page has the main, attention-grabbing article going onto the next page, and one small completed article next to it or something like that), although mind I'm no expert on newspapers. =P

The crossword could be a touch harder too, although its fine for a first issue, I suppose - but Pokemon names ain't too challenging. Maybe use questions, based on, say, dex info for the Pokemon? (You can find the such all over the place, and for each single main handheld game as well).

And the whole image quality thing as well which has already been mentioned, and maybe consider an editor to catch mistakes, as Valentine suggested. But otherwise good work - one can always improve on later issues, so good luck to you.

There so should be a Miror B article section ;)

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Yeah that's really terrible quality... needs a background or something - grain effect?

I also hate how the font varies and also these should be collected somewhere.

Otherwise the articles look... kinda okay? XD;

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I think for a first issue, it wasn't all that bad. I mean nothing comes out perfect the first time, you just take it one step at a time, and gradually you get better :)

My few suggestions is

- Save on .PNG format
    - Try to use Glimp, recently got it, and it works amazing
    - Instead of a White background use something more catching, but not something that blinds the eye

Other than that, pretty nice; I think I'll be around for when the second Issue comes :)

Years
    I don't really have anything new to say (above comments said it all). But it's pretty interesting, especially the Did You Know? facts. The crossword is too easy for people who know Pokemon by heart and I'll be glad to help with the crossword (ideas are already forming in my mind :P). Also, the paper honestly could be better in terms of graphics. I can help, if you want.

One more thing, it's amazing how many people want to be a part of this. :D

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    @ regigigas-WutRly?

I liked it, although I had PMed Pokerus some stuff so it didn't get here. :( ah well, unless I see him online by the time of the next issue, I'll send it to you, ok?

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
    @ regigigas-WutRly?

I liked it, although I had PMed Pokerus some stuff so it didn't get here. :( ah well, unless I see him online by the time of the next issue, I'll send it to you, ok?

I think he was being sarcastic/joking about. ;) Anyway, I agree. I reccomend you save it as PNG, as JPG (assuming that was what it was saved as) ruins the quality. I also reccomd you make the crossword harder. :P Overall, well done! :D

Years
    @Green storm: Thanks for commenting :D And i'll tell him about the format.

@Mooglizer: Yeah he can't get on for some reason but you can pm it to me;) Thanks for commenting:D

@ espeon: Thanks for commenting ;) And yeah i'll be sure to tell him

@ Everyone: If anyone would like to make a userbar or banner for the newspaper they can.

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
    Besides the terrible quality of the file, which I really don't want to emphasise considering what feedback you got from everyone else, it's pretty interesting. Also, Valentine's right, but a better way to explain it is to explain short and sweet what IVs are, so that you can say "If it has an attack IV over 7, it's a boy!" rather than "If it has high attack it's a male Pokemon!"

I also wouldn't mind giving a little secrets about the configurations of Pokemon. Being a hacker, I can probably give tutorials on things as well. Adding a hacking section would be very beneficial to extending your audience.

pokerus34

Labyrinthine Rhapsody
    Years
    Well, back at the forums (Absence: 3 Days) and I'm here to answer the questions... Well, it's only the first issue and we're doing everything we can to improve the newspaper. *Flash* I'll try the Glimp or save it as PNG Format, but mostly Glimp. *Others* About the Gender Issue... Well, it was only contributed. I'm just gonna protect his rights so I won't say who contributed it. *Others²* The grammar? I'm not exactly fluent or good at communication and written English but I'm sure to notice those errors. ---Well, here we are trying to do our best in making the next Issues Educational and Readable! --- P.S. Pokerus34 ---

Seadiga

Art is a bang, hm!
    Years
    I think that PNG should be used as file type.But people have mentioned that already.
    Pokemon Crossword COULD be a bit better.
    Pokemon Times logo is squished.
    And may I suggest more puzzles?Trivia would be nice,maybe a kids section? and maybe larger font.

And are you still taking posistions?Just a question

Back