• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Audio] Extracting cries from other rom hacks.

Saleh667

Wahahahahahaha!
Years
  • Hey everyone ^^

So I'm making a completely bizarre ROM-hack but I'm still taking my first steps, which would obviously be creating the pokemon and the characters first (Well that's how I want to start anyway).

Instead of making my super fan-made starters sound like a bulbasaur or whatever, I think extracting cries from other gba games and using them for my own is the way to go. One problem though: I have no idea how to do that. I've got the tools for inserting the cries, but I cant seem to extract any from other gba games or possibly ROM-hacks. I mean yeah, I could just go and make my own. But I'm kind of too lazy to do that.

I'm sure pokemon vega is familiar to some of you, and I was willing to extract some of the cool cries from that ROM-hack in particular. I HOPE one of you guys knows how to do that, and would gladly help me with the extraction.

With that being said, I really would appreciate your assistance. Who knows, my game might just surprise you in the far, far future ♥

Years
  • Instead of making my super fan-made starters sound like a bulbasaur or whatever, I think extracting cries from other gba games and using them for my own is the way to go. One problem though: I have no idea how to do that. I've got the tools for inserting the cries, but I cant seem to extract any from other gba games or possibly ROM-hacks. I mean yeah, I could just go and make my own. But I'm kind of too lazy to do that.

You should be able to extract cries using PGE which you can get here, or you can use Pokécry from the elitemap pack to dump cries from ROMs. I usually use this program, which was made by a user on here, and is pretty user friendly.
    Hope this helped, good luck with your hack!

Back