• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

f l a s h 's First Graphics Gallery

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Alright, as some of you may or may not know, I recently got myself into Banner and Avatar making about a month now. So, after getting in some practice, I've decided to open my first gallery just to see what the rest of the community thinks. You shouldn't expect the best out of me as yet, but I will show you a reference from where I began to where I am now.

I'm not looking for any requests here, and if you decide on taking one of my graphics, please don't do so without telling me or at least giving credit. I've been using GIMP for those of you who would want to know, and I've collected a recent supply of brushes. I've also began to start messing around with different effects and color variations as well.

So, I hope you enjoy what I've done so far, and be expecting a shop in the next month or so, when I think I'm fully ready.

The First Banner From Day One:

Spoiler:

Six of My Most Recent Better Banners: Starting From Oldest to most Recent ...

Spoiler:

I have many more banners that I've worked on through the month and you'll be able to find them in my profile album, My Banners, but the ones I've chosen here I think are the best over the rest.

Last edited by a moderator:

D i v i n e X

Pichu, don't touch that knife!
    Years
    Impressive work.

From your beginning, you have improved a heap. The way you use your brushes for a sort of vectorish techno look is amazing. The last few are great, the brushes you used bring out the render amazingly well. 7 or 8 out of 10 my friend.

Angela

Aristocracy
    Years
    Wow improvement much, the first banner you made, the background of it is so familiar, did you make another banner later on based on it?

I think this is my favorite, I like the colors, background and the earring she has. :D

Then there is the one, I love it, nice job on the smudging, and I love the brushes you used. :D

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Hey thanks a lot you all. I have been doing a lot of practice almost daily since I got into the whole thing.

@ Angela, I have never repeated the background from the first banner to any others of mines. I might have used a similar brush, but no I never copied the background onto another banner. Also, yes that second banner you pointed out was a request from a friend and I actually liked how I did that one too, thanks.

Last edited:

True Reign

  
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    Alright, as some of you may or may not know, I recently got myself into Banner and Avatar making about a month now. So, after getting in some practice, I've decided to open my first gallery just to see what the rest of the community thinks. You shouldn't expect the best out of me as yet, but I will show you a reference from where I began to where I am now.

I'm not looking for any requests here, and if you decide on taking one of my graphics, please don't do so without telling me or at least giving credit. I've been using GIMP for those of you who would want to know, and I've collected a recent supply of brushes. I've also began to start messing around with different effects and color variations as well.

So, I hope you enjoy what I've done so far, and be expecting a shop in the next month or so, when I think I'm fully ready.

The First Banner From Day One:

Spoiler:

Six of My Most Recent Better Banners: Starting From Oldest to most Recent ...

Spoiler:

I have many more banners that I've worked on through the month and you'll be able to find them in my profile album, My Banners, but the ones I've chosen here I think are the best over the rest.
    Keep up the good work, Flash! You seem to have a talent in this, so just keep it up with the banners and you'll be very good in no time.

I espeically like the tag with the blue girl in it. Seems very original to me (just the way you did it) and I don't know why you don't wear it, lol. Honestly, it's your best tag as a beginner graphics artist, but I'm sure, in time, you'll have much better banners!

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    @ -[JD]- Thanks a lot, and I'll continue to keep it up and get better, most definitely.

@ BHwolfgang, ranging from medium to semi-large, yes. Though, it depends on what idea I really have up my mind and the render too.

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2016
    I really love your current work. I think it's the best up there, but I don't know anything about Graphics so I'm not really the person to know things. Can you teach me how to use GIMP?

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Thanks you guys.

@ Aseril, GIMP isn't so hard to use actually. You can drop me a PM and I'll try to explain it to you :).

My most recent banner I did today, I decided to add it in this gallery.

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    hey nice work!!!
    looks like the banner u made for me is one of the best lolz!
    (check sig lol)

The Wave

Something to believe in....
    Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2016
    Fantastic work Aero, especially for your first banners!

Back