• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Fake Emerald?

C4RN4X

Carnage Games
    Years
    I've already searched many examples and most of them state that my cartridge is fake.
    Is it really?
    Firstly, the back is grey. I'm talking about the cartridge here. Its not clear and light green like most. Also, when I start it, it says the notorius "The game can be played." Probably a dead giveaway.
    Also, as soon as I defeat the Elite Four, when I restart the game, boom, the game file is corrupted.
    I really love this generation, but I dont want to work so hard to have my save deleted.
    Is it true that *sniff* this is a fake cartridge?

Years
    Yeah, it is a fake cartridge because I know that Emerald cartridges are always that see-through green color.

In fact, if you are ever in another situation like this again, here's a handy guide composed by PC's own Team Fail. Be sure to refer to that if you are ever concerned if your cartridges are legit or not.

Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2015
    I just bid on a copy of Emerald myself on eBay. Used this guide to sort through the fakes. Thanks, Hikamaru!

Back