• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Fake English Fire Red and Leaf Green Have Been Spoted on Ebay!!!

Deoxys55

Deoxys Collector
Years
  • WARNING!

Fake english FR and LG have been seen for auction on ebay! Don't buy english FR/LG games until it has been made official that they were translated!!! You have been warned....

MidnightScott

Dark Trainer
    Years
  • Re: I've known that for about a month...

I already knew that. It started appearing about a Month ago...
    Look for Duplicate Topics, someone already thought it was real & me & many others told em its a fake. I liked hte Box Art though, it looked kinda neat but I knew it was fake because Nintendo hasn't translated it yet or is still in the process of doing so. I emailed the person. They live in Hong Kong & he replied yes that it was a fake version so he could get some money. Its almost like the Pok?mon Diamond & Jade fakes. I kinda liked those fakes when I played them as a rom, I only have diamond. I would say the game should be called Electric Monsters World because they kept talking about that.

-Scott-

EDIT: WOW, u've posted alot & you only joined last month. I joined in Nov2003 & have only made 52 Post!

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2004
    I think you mean ALL of it is fake not just some. Unless they have the box and it's in Japenese, well you won't be playing it anytime soon. And you'd lose 30 bucks.

ruby

[span="howdy;partner"][/span]
    Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2024
    Pok?monScott said:
    I already knew that. It started appearing about a Month ago...
    Look for Duplicate Topics, someone already thought it was real & me & many others told em its a fake. I liked hte Box Art though, it looked kinda neat but I knew it was fake because Nintendo hasn't translated it yet or is still in the process of doing so. I emailed the person. They live in Hong Kong & he replied yes that it was a fake version so he could get some money. Its almost like the Pok?mon Diamond & Jade fakes. I kinda liked those fakes when I played them as a rom, I only have diamond. I would say the game should be called Electric Monsters World because they kept talking about that.

-Scott-

EDIT: WOW, u've posted alot & you only joined last month. I joined in Nov2003 & have only made 52 Post!

you got diamon!.... I know it's a fake but i would like to have a look at it, can you post it or somewhere i can get it.....plz!!!

Xilven

Mistress of Fire
    Years
  • Hmmmm... Yes, I have seen ENGLISH Fire red versions for sale on ebay, they look so,so real? Yet...are they? Here are the pictures...see for yourselfs.
    Fake English Fire Red and Leaf Green Have Been Spoted on Ebay!!!

Also Leaf green.... o__O
    Real?
    Or is this the real one??????
    Uh?? 3 DIFFERENT LEAF GREEN BOXES?????? It just doesn't make sense... >___<

There's 3 different Leaf green boxes.... O___o

Last edited:

Simone

....... (>0_0<)
    Years
  • People just draw those box's lol.. but i give them credit for it, it looks pretty real.

They are on ebay so watch what you buy off there (just some advice). :)

Years
  • You can clearly see that the Fire Red one is fake, Nintendo would never put 'The Pokemon Company' on their game boxes, and Nintendo isnt only known as 'The company who makes Pokemon' there are alot of other oldschool RPGs and other games they made such as Mother 1 and 2 (Earthbound Zero and Earthbound)

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
    Years
  • FR1-It would be impossible to take a picture of a GBA box at that angle without seeing creases/shadows.

LG1-I seriously doubt that Leaf Green would be in all lowercase letters...

LG2-It does not have the Nintendo seal on the front...

LG3-The front pic looks very similar to the Fire Red one...

LG4-The GBA strip is discolored and there is a weird rainbow of colored dots near the bottom-left, both could be from being saved as JPG though....

And on all of them, the ERSB rating seems to be in an odd position on the box. They seem to be too high on the boxes to me....

Anyways, I seriously doubt they have the final box art when the game hasn't even been widely announced in America yet (well, parts of America that doesn' track Japanese releases...)

Neko_

Master Of The Fire Pokemon
    Years
  • As far as I can tell. The lower green one has more of a realistic look than all the others. even if it is fake.

Ad the company would never put gotta catch em all on the front of thier box.

Simone

....... (>0_0<)
    Years
  • Yeah, they will probably send you the box with rocks, or if your lucky maybe an old game or a pokemon game.. But whatever it is, its fake :(

September is the dubbed release date for FR/LG.

SykicSyko

Eevee Trainer!
    Years
  • you gotta love ebay, i do!! i had a friend who lost $200 buying an xbox :D i have bought and sold tons o stuff on there, its my shopping source, never will i attempt this tho.

Chariquaza

Dragon Tamer
    Years
  • Hello can anyone say fake? I bought A Japanese Fire Red and guess what? The boxes for Fr/Lg are going to be in a rectangular shape not in a square shape uhh..Nintendo is going to be furious.

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
    Years
  • Chariquaza said:
    Hello can anyone say fake? I bought A Japanese Fire Red and guess what? The boxes for Fr/Lg are going to be in a rectangular shape not in a square shape uhh..Nintendo is going to be furious.
    Actually all Japanese GBA game boxes are rectangluar while the North America versions are square. It is like that for every game...
    Now FR/LG may be rectangular in the US if they still are including the Wireless Adapter but then again the actual game box may be square witha notehr box attached with the Wireless Adapter in it...

Pokedragonfire

ph34r |\/|y 1337 n1nj4 5k1||z
    Years
  • More Pics!

Oohh I found some more pics but ALL of the games I saw looked exactly the same like this:

I also saw one opened:

I actually believe SOME of them are real... If they were fake why would there be so many... I think that they get them from an indirect source, like maybe someone who works for nintedo sold some of the prototype english games...I'd watch out for the one's without nintendo's seal and that other one with the lowercase... I think its blurry on purpose to try to fool you into buying it. I believe it is a prototype though, might have some bugs like in Ruby/Sapphire with the berry glitch.

Pokedragonfire

ph34r |\/|y 1337 n1nj4 5k1||z
    Years
  • Pokemon Fire Red Fakes

Maybe that ones fake but I'm not saying they all are...How do you know it is orangish red, maybe the English is supposted to be black, I don't think so, every single pokemon game every made was colored.

Last edited:
    Back