• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fallen Memory || Reun's Messy Art and Shop

Reunilu

of the Eastern Skies
Years
  • So here's a weird project I've wanted to work on for some time.

HoEYrW4.png

Trying to take a slightly different approach to GFX and doing greyscale as a challenge. Well, mostly greyscale, but this should be an interesting experience. (Yes, I'm still working on the Harusame one)

Reunilu

of the Eastern Skies
    Years
  • Here's my request ^_^ (If you still do any? :o)

Type: Tag
    Render: http://vgboxart.com/resources/render/8378_super-smash-bros-for-nintendo-3ds-wii-u-prev.png
    Size: 400x180
    Text (if any): Greninja Makes A Splash!

Aaah, gods I'm done, finally.

Sorry about the wait, I had requests from another forum that were giving me a lot of trouble and I didn't really know how to approach this request. It's alright though, it's my fault for not being able to work with action oriented renders. Here you go.

Cf8Rq9m.png

Code:
    http://i.imgur.com/Cf8Rq9m.png

Zenovis

Greninja Joins The Battle!
    Years
    • Seen Dec 26, 2023
    Aaah, gods I'm done, finally.

Sorry about the wait, I had requests from another forum that were giving me a lot of trouble and I didn't really know how to approach this request. It's alright though, it's my fault for not being able to work with action oriented renders. Here you go.

Cf8Rq9m.png

Code:
    http://i.imgur.com/Cf8Rq9m.png

Omg, it looks amazing!!!
    Thank you very much ^_^ (And it's okay, I'm very patient)

freakyladymoonbeam

Cookie Chomper
    Years
  • As much as I love my Trainer card and Lady (look at her, she's so cute), I'd love to have some of your art adorning my posts~

Oh yeah, it should probably be said that I'd like a design with energy. Oh God I feel like I'm a client from Hell but I swear I'm SUPER easy to please. *Cries*

Type: Avatar
    Render: How is Mega Lopunny so cute OMG :,D
    Size: 150x150
    Text (if any): No text

Type: Tag
    Render: LOOK AT HER
    Size: 400x180
    Text (if any): High Jump Kicking Your Butt

Thank you!

Reunilu

of the Eastern Skies
    Years
  • I wouldn't say so. This tag in particular put me in a dilemma. The render is inconveniently large for its motion. The action is right on the leg, which is pointing through its body, add that and the also inconvenient large text request and you've got yourself a very hard request. What I would've done in this case is: Position the render in the left or right side, make a larger canvas and blend the render with a smudge, rather than brushes or C4D effects, place the text in motion with the smudged part and add some shadows if there's too much space left. You did manage to blend the render just fine, whilst keeping a relatively small focus. From what I gathered from that last tag, I'd say work on render positioning and text. Simple fonts and white text works wonders most of the time. If you see your render isn't blending well with the background, use gradient maps on top of everything, try various combinations on low opacity, that should help a bit.

This tag, as you say, put me in quite a dilemma as well. I was working on the request for three days and as I said in the delivery post, I hadn't taken anything as specific as the request in some time (about a year, I believe). The reason I said I was bad at blending because I'd never properly learned blending.

Had I pictured it would turn out this way, I would've made different decisions on the size of the render, but I had other plans for this signature (minus the pen tooling). I'm also aware that my text isn't good, but I became somewhat frustrated at some point that I decided to leave the text as is. Also, I was very aware of my space usage. That wasn't a pleasant thing to be aware of at the time.

Reunilu

of the Eastern Skies
    Years
  • Request from another forum. This was originally a gif, but I didn't really like it, so it's a png instead. Top right blurred at the suggestion of JohnnyMustang for depth.

NLdGOzX.png

Was also planning on posting my horrible sketches, but judgement says no.

(Three silent days later...)

If you're willing and still around, I'd like to make a request

Render: http://img01.deviantart.net/7b75/i/2010/133/8/c/gengar_by_skellz_da.png

I was willing to make this request, but then I double checked the picture and nope. Sorry, can't make it, renders only.

Years
    • Seen Nov 1, 2016
    I can fix it into a render and then reupload it, so no problem, just give me a day or so as I'm really busy atm

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
  • Your tags are fantastic. Love them to bits. You have captured a style I originally so badly wanted to work towards. I remember, just like fairy, a certain member here who had a very similar style and the nostalgia just makes me want to pick up the tablet again and chuck out tags until I can't breathe. Sadly, I don't have enough time for that right now but hey, soon enough I hope.

Onto a bit of criticism, and I have to say your text is super annoying. on the one hand we have pieces like this and this where the text is just amazing. Then we have pieces like this, this and this where it's not so great. Not bad per se but definitely not great either. The first example is an example of where the text is way too small, and means the viewer has to really focus to make it out, and it does detract from the piece. The weird text-like effect under your text as well is highly distracting, and detracts from the focus of your render, which is never a good thing to have happen. A similar thing happens with the other examples, where the text is too outrageous or too much, in that it also detracts from the focus. I personally don't like text that has a glow or drop shadow, but I have seen examples of both in your tags where it works phenomenally, but it is definitely an added hardship for you when adding text, so perhaps try to avoid it a little more? Your latias tag is another one where the text is a bit iffy I feel, and it could have benefited from a different text style.

Other than that, you don't need to worry at all about depth in your pieces, as it's all there, flow depth lighting the whole lot. Your use of blending and effects really shoves the depth into your face, which is nice. You have used a lot of blurring in the past too, so I don't think you need to worry about improving much there, just find new ways to apply it. For you, the advice I can pass on is experiment and try new things. You've got your style down, and how to apply everything you need to to make an outstanding piece. So try some new stuff and see what you can gain that way.

Reunilu

of the Eastern Skies
    Years
  • More requests from another forum.

G5yxom1.gif

2XhR9jL.png

First image is the request itself. There's lack of a proper foreground to make room for the rain. The rain is hand drawn because heavy rain doesn't look too great. Not my best request.

28MWAse.png

So for some reason, I haven't shown this anywhere besides a Kancolle forum, but I made this one a year ago (according to the upload date). I think this was me trying to fiddle with my newly embraced style, although the text... eugh.

Reunilu

of the Eastern Skies
    Years
  • More stuff dump. Sort of?

YD9iG0f.png

Ughhhh *bangs head against table* Okay, I'm going to be very careful not to smack talk the requester. To be honest, there aren't any words that express my frustration for this request. This is a 650 x 150 signature and the render is the very same head you see in this image. All of the pixels, I'm not even joking. Just- ugh. Honestly, I feel kinda mocked as a GFX artist. Any more than this commentary and I'd be rude to the customer.

Also had a request wip, but I'm too lazy to open up Photoshop, so have some doodles by an amateur...? I got my graphics tablet about two weeks ago and I've been drawing nonstop since. Again, super amateur, I'm just kinda doing this for fun.

Pearl (Ace Attorney) + Takanami (Kancolle) Part 1
    Spoiler:

Pearl (Ace Attorney) + Takanami (Kancolle) Part 2
    Spoiler:

Derpy Pokemon
    Spoiler:

A female admiral and her Shimakaze posing for a picture (wip)
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Reunilu

of the Eastern Skies
    Years
  • Couple more drawings. I haven't been in the mood to do GFX, but I've been drawing every day, still. Hm.

Edit: I go by waaay too many names, lol. Piri is my deviantart name and Shay is a shortened version of a name that I went by way before I called myself Reunilu.

Spoiler:

Me fiddling around with Paint Tool SAI for Bikini Tamamo.
    Spoiler:

Drawing of the newly introduced HMS Warspite from Kancolle. Completely love her. Her necklace was sort of tricky to draw though. I had no idea what her necklace was supposed to be until I started coloring it. Upon closer inspection, it looked more like a charm that's supposed to look like the Royal Navy flag. Oops.

Last edited:

Reunilu

of the Eastern Skies
    Years
  • Wow jeez, I haven't posted anything in a while. Worked on this for the past week or so? Hopefully this'll keep the Umikazes away.

Spoiler:

I also have a tag in the works, but I don't know when it'll be done.

Reunilu

of the Eastern Skies
    Years
  • wip

Spoiler:

the random white space to the right was for all of the little bits of the character design, but the layer covering all of details are also covering the bad sketch underneath.

[content-warn=implication of murder, method of murder identical of those of suicide]
    Spoiler:
    [/content-warn]

Last edited:

Reunilu

of the Eastern Skies
    Years
  • This is my first tag in what, two months? I feel very relaxed and satisfied right now. Totally different from finishing a drawing.

ZRnaEIv.png

Speaking of drawings, I finished that wip. Minor and major changes between the wip I posted.

Spoiler:

Reunilu

of the Eastern Skies
    Years
  • I would say "let's try something a little different", but apparently the different I was thinking of happened recently. Let's try something that doesn't appeal to the moe niche, then. wip.

155537aca8.png

To be honest, I like Midday form Lycanroc better, but I need to practice more darker and grittier stuff, plus the standing helps out with the space.

Back to moe niche. wip.

Spoiler:

This is actually the same character as the drawing that says "Charlotte" on it, it's just that I wasn't satisfied with my shading and lighting. Plus some character related details. That too. I apologize for the style change.

Last edited:
    Back