• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fanfiction Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    Lol nice. For the lulz I figured I'd make my character one of Citrinin's characters. The character in question had a hugely minor role, but it is still open for intepretation. The character in question was an unknown human (not much info was given), only that he/she was to carry information to the world about what had been done (the massacre). At one point, perhaps while the child was escaping, I'd probably have it go through some time lapse (enter x reason here), and either end up in a reality more akin to the sterile Pokemon we know and love. So it brings in elements from that show Now and then, here and there. But I still have the child act in an innocent fashion.

Miz en Scène

Everybody's connected
    Years
    Do you find it easier to right personal narritives, or fiction?

>-> personal naratives can go STRAIGHT BACK TO HELL.

I like fiction. When I can get past the prolouge.
    This is my response.

Lol nice. For the lulz I figured I'd make my character one of Citrinin's characters. The character in question had a hugely minor role, but it is still open for intepretation. The character in question was an unknown human (not much info was given), only that he/she was to carry information to the world about what had been done (the massacre). At one point, perhaps while the child was escaping, I'd probably have it go through some time lapse (enter x reason here), and either end up in a reality more akin to the sterile Pokemon we know and love. So it brings in elements from that show Now and then, here and there. But I still have the child act in an innocent fashion.
    I did watch like the first episode of Now and Then Here and There, up until the point where I got distracted by

Toaru Majutsu no Index
    Kuroshitsuji
    Code Geass
    Pandora Hearts
    FMA Brotherhood.

Yeaa, distractions distractions. I'm gonna get back to watching that.

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    The first episode doesn't do it justice on how disturbing it is...

My mom hadn't really watched that many animes and was quite surprised that a child was being whipped half to death, while another one was getting raped. She figured that the majority of cartoons are all happy-dappy type. Though, she has watched some other anime too that was a little bit as graphic (The sword and the stranger) XD

I still have to watch The Girl Who Leapt Through Time, and I hope, Summer Wars, is coming over to North America.

Miz en Scène

Everybody's connected
    Years
    I still have to watch The Girl Who Leapt Through Time, and I hope, Summer Wars, is coming over to North America.
    Oh man, I'd love to watch TGWLTT. I'm not sure where to buy it though. (Yeaa, I'm steering away from discussing downloading to avoid getting banned.)

My mom hadn't really watched that many animes and was quite surprised that a child was being whipped half to death, while another one was getting raped. She figured that the majority of cartoons are all happy-dappy type. Though, she has watched some other anime too that was a little bit as graphic (The sword and the stranger) XD
    Reminds me of when Icomeanon6(or some other guy in the JE section) showed his cousin/niece/whatever, the first episode of Elfen Lied. And said person became so traumatized as to not want visits anymore. Fun times. XD

Wait, pedophilia?

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    I saw it at the anime con, but I was able to get it at my work, for at cost price, it was coming from the US, so not too expensive. I also bought Now and Then, Here and There at work. I had originally watched it in Subtitles, and found the voices to be fitting, usually I like dubs, just because I like watching not so much reading. So I was somewhat disappointed with the NTHT dub, except for the main villain's voice, which was done well. The main character, Shu, doesn't sound like his age.

Miz en Scène

Everybody's connected
    Years
    I saw it at the anime con, but I was able to get it at my work, for at cost price, it was coming from the US, so not too expensive. I also bought Now and Then, Here and There at work. I had originally watched it in Subtitles, and found the voices to be fitting, usually I like dubs, just because I like watching not so much reading. So I was somewhat disappointed with the NTHT dub, except for the main villain's voice, which was done well. The main character, Shu, doesn't sound like his age.
    Really? Shu's voice kinda reminds me of Hiwou from Hiwou War Chronicles' Animax Asia's dub. Confident kid kind of thing.

Also,
    What genre do you hate? And by genre, I also mean sub-genres like gore in horror, or lemon in romance.

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    I mean the English dub sounded off.

Got to go to work, then when I get home at around midnight, I get to finish Essay, then hand it in Saturday morning (without penalty).

Buoysel

Trust me, I'm a Professional*
    Years
    What genre do you hate? And by genre, I also mean sub-genres like gore in horror, or lemon in romance.

When it comes to movies, horror, because they don't scare me and don't really have a plot otherwise.

Fanfics would have to be romance. I don't necessarily hate it, I just don't like it when the author spends too much time on the romance its self. I like adventure, if its a romance/ adventure fic I'd read it.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    My current anime obsessions are Kimi ni Todoke and Hitohira. Both present a level of drama and romance that I can't seem to put into my own writing.

Do you find it easier to write personal narratives, or fiction?
    Fiction, of those two. But I find some non-fiction even easier to write, such as the quote at the bottom of my signature. I'd be good at writing that kind of stuff :)

I'm not into the aspect of horror that's unusually gory or involves gross mutations or loss of heads/limbs. I'm not into shipping fics because of some of the absurd pairings (my brother suggested Cipher Admin Ein x Galactic Commander Mars. LOLWUT?)

Buoysel

Trust me, I'm a Professional*
    Years
    My current anime obsessions are Kimi ni Todoke and Hitohira. Both present a level of drama and romance that I can't seem to put into my own writing.

Fiction, of those two. But I find some non-fiction even easier to write, such as the quote at the bottom of my signature. I'd be good at writing that kind of stuff :)

I'm not into the aspect of horror that's unusually gory or involves gross mutations or loss of heads/limbs. I'm not into shipping fics because of some of the absurd pairings (my brother suggested Cipher Admin Ein x Galactic Commander Mars. LOLWUT?)

Do you own a motel chain or something?

King!

better
    Years
    Yeah, it's fiction for me as well. It is so retarded because my Language Arts teacher said thatPersonal narritives are always easier to write, and I don't feel the same way. :/ Fiction is easier, because you can make it interesting and imaginitive, while personal writing is harder because everything I can remember is BORING! Lately we've had to write rough draft after rough draft of personal narritives, and I constantly run out of ideas for anything important.

DGexe

Taunter
    Years

Fiction is easier for me. I find personal narratives to be not only boring, but borderline essay. In my experience, there is no... well... creative freedom with the former as there is with the latter.

Mika

もえじゃないも
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2013

I'm gunna actually change my answer.

If it's a decent prompt, personal narratives are very easy for me to just spew out but they're not really anything of quality. I've written one, maybe two that were better than the average memoir but still. I find fiction to be much more comfortable, even tho it can be harder to write. I don't always like to share my past with everyone i meet.

Haha. Do a sun dance, I've heard they are much better for clearing up writer's blocks.

But "sunsunsunsun, sunsunsunsun, sunsunsunsun, sunsunsunsun etc etc" repetively as I dance Hylian-Indian-Eskimo style down the hallways isn't nearly as exciting :< Sun brings more school which brings more brain damage. Snow days = staying inside = apple cider = writing n_n

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2013
    That... actually makes sense. Here's another way I try: hook my iPod into my ears, go downstairs to a room where nobody's around to complain at my loud singing, and run on the treadmill at a moderately fast pace for at least fifteen minutes. It's good for your health and it gets my blood pumping again, which helps my brain work better, which makes my writing better... usually.

Miz en Scène

Everybody's connected
    Years
    That... actually makes sense. Here's another way I try: hook my iPod into my ears, go downstairs to a room where nobody's around to complain at my loud singing, and run on the treadmill at a moderately fast pace for at least fifteen minutes. It's good for your health and it gets my blood pumping again, which helps my brain work better, which makes my writing better... usually.
    Y'know, that really actually makes sense...

In any case, any word on the FFOTY Proposal, anyone want to add anything relevant?

Mika

もえじゃないも
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2013
    Y'know, that really actually makes sense...

In any case, any word on the FFOTY Proposal, anyone want to add anything relevant?

Yeah I do.

I know this section is entirely different from Other Chat but you guys really need to make sure that this doesn't turn into a giant clique party. :< The fanfic that wins and the fanfic that you vote for should have the best in certain writing categories and the person who wrote it should have no visibly apparent importance as to why you voted for that piece of work. I recently ran member of the month and I really regret it because people simply tried to appeal to the judges and didn't vote for people who actually deserved the particular awards and I don't want to see that here. :/

Miz en Scène

Everybody's connected
    Years
    Yeah I do.

I know this section is entirely different from Other Chat but you guys really need to make sure that this doesn't turn into a giant clique party. :< The fanfic that wins and the fanfic that you vote for should have the best in certain writing categories and the person who wrote it should have no visibly apparent importance as to why you voted for that piece of work. I recently ran member of the month and I really regret it because people simply tried to appeal to the judges and didn't vote for people who actually deserved the particular awards and I don't want to see that here. :/
    That's actually the reason why I don't bother to vote in the MOTM anymore. D:

And yes, that's what we're trying to do here. That's also the reason why I proposed the nominations to be had so that people could come into the section and vote for their favs. Originally, I had intended for trustworthy, unbiased, frequent fanficcers to be nominators, but then there was a problem. How did you define one technically. That's why the nomination criteria was proposed. Hopefully, this reduces the possibility of friend voting/nomination by a marginal amount. Although, it won't completely solve the problem if their friend actually has a nominated fic in said category. Which is why their were voter criteria to be upheld. But, as Astinus said,
    Astinus said:
    is just...suffrage based on knowledge.

So, I'm, or rather we, if anyone else is keen on the idea, are still trying to come up with an agreeable and hopefully non-biased, fair system.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back