• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fanfiction Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dizzy

My Father is a Baron!
    Years
    First of All, Yes I've grown to be ignored in the Fan-Fic area, and I know that my fan-fics are so great that people just don't read them, but what's one little review? I see other people getting reviews except for me.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    I did read Ch.4 of The One Drop but was too tired to type up the review last night ^_^;;

The disses before the congrats, as always.

-it's either a psychological effect from breaking up one chapter into 4 posts, or I am getting a bit impatient with the plot movement... "finally" something happens and it's only the last line of the chapter. Really this chapter is quite easily neglectable for most parts as it's an entire post dedicated to opening presents... o.o;

The good stuff:

-nice job on character description... now we know a bit more about Aiya's family, such as being Wattson's granddaughter, and being loved by both of her parents. The plot didn't slow down to a "description paragraph" when all of this is taking place.

-great details are shown in the story just like always (such as the pokeball-like item-ball... sorry forgot name of that device)

-cliffhanger scene... it's always nice to end off with one of those

Mew13

Aqua Trainer
    Years
    frostweaver said:
    @ Mew's Chosen One:

It's the blissey equivalent of the Pokemon gameboy game, but only this is the fanfiction version... It's overused to the max (Vulpix... appears in a lot of fanfics, along with my most hated of fanfic type combination: legendary/eeveelution + new trainer). However, despite of its style being exactly the type that I usually hate the 2nd most (at least Vulpix is better than Eeveelution), the story isn't written that badly. There's some description along with Kari's character description of her eagerness to get her first Pokemon (the dawn event). It can be made longer to be more enjoyable.

Perhaps it's *another* one of those OT fics that "will" take a twist "eventually"...?

PS: Yes I'm a harsh HARSH fanfic reviewer, and hard to please yet can't write any junk myself o.o;

Thank you for being honest, though I must dissagree. My story is not a "gameboy game story" as many Trainer fics are. If you read the prologue, it explains what will eventually happen.

I have just posted the 2nd chapter, and the 3rd will reveal much. All the cities are totally original, which proves I am not following any gameboy game!

As for Vulpix, I chose it because they are usually difficult to get along with. Thus proving my character's early skill. (hey, I coulda used Eevee or Pikachu!)

Sorry, but I found I had to defend my story, as it will get much better soon!

~Mew13

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    err... no no... the gameboy thing was just talking about how this is the "OU" of the fanfic world, aka overused idea. Vulpix never had the image of hard-to-tame-type, especially since no Pokedex descriptions ever mention that, unlike Gyarados or Persian.

Plus on fanfiction.net, you'll see so many "is <original trainer> destined to be the partner of <legendary Pokemon name here>?" type of thing... there's an AWFUL LOTS of that. It'll be very difficult for your story to standout along the gigantic crowd.

Years
    Edited Chapter 1 and Chapter 2 of Ties of Love and Friendship. The edit versions are first to be released here in PC...

Can you rate them for me, Frostweaver? The edited versions weren't the ones that you read in FF.net

I know they're short...XP

Jesus Freak Josh

In my mind's eye, I see You...
    Years
    I'll be posting a story.
    It's in Kanto and takes place 20 years (Put minutes before :D) into the future.
    This boy goes to a non-Pok?mon school. Later, he recieves a letter saying to meet Professor E. Electra at the lab in Pallet.
    He then gets a Slowpoke. The boy is also unpopular.

Aiya Quackform

Her High Quackiness
    Years
    Oni Flygon, I recently joined ffnet, and I'm planning on posting a 'special edition' of The One Drop there. In other words, I'll take comments I've gotten from the forums I put Drop in, and use it to edit my story into a more refined version. That's what I'll be posting at ffnet. When I've got it going, would you care to be my test reader? (I believe they are also called 'beta readers' but I'm not sure.)

That's cool that you're making a fic batesy! A couple of thoughts though. Just by what you told me, it seems fairly unoriginal. Try to put a non-trainer fic plot twist to it. In mine, I'll eventually be getting into a war. (Which I'm not telling you about!) That way, it's not standard. It's my own little creation.

To come up with your own, unique plot, I'd suggest you free write. That means you just sit and write whatever pops into your head for awhile. It's like writing down your thoughts. That way you can organize and refer to them easier. Start off with something like, "Ya know, this pokemon's pokedex entry is interesting. I wonder what that could mean..." Like Dragonair control the weather, slowpoke supposed made it rain, etc. You can come up with a plot from something as simple as that.

Years
    Aiya Quackform said:
    Oni Flygon, I recently joined ffnet, and I'm planning on posting a 'special edition' of The One Drop there. In other words, I'll take comments I've gotten from the forums I put Drop in, and use it to edit my story into a more refined version. That's what I'll be posting at ffnet. When I've got it going, would you care to be my test reader? (I believe they are also called 'beta readers' but I'm not sure.)

That's cool that you're making a fic batesy! A couple of thoughts though. Just by what you told me, it seems fairly unoriginal. Try to put a non-trainer fic plot twist to it. In mine, I'll eventually be getting into a war. (Which I'm not telling you about!) That way, it's not standard. It's my own little creation.

To come up with your own, unique plot, I'd suggest you free write. That means you just sit and write whatever pops into your head for awhile. It's like writing down your thoughts. That way you can organize and refer to them easier. Start off with something like, "Ya know, this pokemon's pokedex entry is interesting. I wonder what that could mean..." Like Dragonair control the weather, slowpoke supposed made it rain, etc. You can come up with a plot from something as simple as that.

I'd be honored to be your test reader! ^_^

Btw, Posted Chapter 72 of Ties of Love and Friendship.
    Chapter 72: The choice the could have changed a life

Mew13

Aqua Trainer
    Years
    Chapter 2 in Mew's Chosen One is up and ready to go. Chapter 3 should be up in a couple of days.

And I'll be starting another fanfic in a couple of days (depending on how long it takes me to get a few chapters in) I'll be posting the beginning to a new fan-fic: The Origin of a Legend.

Stay tuned!!

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    @ Aiya: the "brainstorm" stage (or what you call free write) is done a LOT easier if you're writing on paper... I've picked that up in English class, that planning on paper is a lot easier. Just carry a small notebook with you and jot down anything that's interesting. Then, flip through your interesting analyzes and just write "something." This something will be crap because it's only the frame of the story. Then start writing on top of that to get a good unique story starting.

WORST possible way to write a fanfic, is to write one after just reading one... by doing that you'll start to write a reworded copy of whatever fanfic you just read O.o; I'll personally say that if you're writing a fanfic, don't read another fanfic for a day or two to stop other authors from causing a major influence over you.

I'll love to read your special editions too ^_^

@ Oni Flygon: sure I will... but is it in FFnet or PC? O.o;? Also I'll be out of summer school in 2 days so by then I'll write the fanfic tutorial thingie for you. I'll write the rough draft first, then let other experienced authors comment on it first, and then it should be good enough of a rough guideline for fanfic writing in PC ^_^;;

Personally I dislike reading ToLaF on PC because of its enormous length, and the numerous posts of irrelevant junk in between chapters that kill my reading mood >>;

@ Batesy: Ooo... slowpoke! Great choice for the Pokemon protagonist because it's just so rare of a Pokemon for fanfics (unlike annoying little bugger Eevee >>; ). Managing a slowpoke for the protagonist is certainly an entertaining thought. The fact that Slowpoke reacts 5 seconds slow to a command will definitely cause the protagonist to rather dislike Slowpoke a bit ^_^; It's probably the FIRST fanfic I am going to read that involves the starter Pokemon not being something super agile o.o;

@ Mew 13- err... another fanfic? O.o; I'm just a bit worried if the stories' plot will mix up with one anothers... that can be quite chaotic. Just watch out for that.

@ Bhati- If I have time, I'll read your new story too ^_^ but if it's Eevee related... ahem... I'll hesitate and think about it first if I have anything else to do >>;

Years
    Posted chapter 74 of Ties of Love and Friendship. Woohoo! I'm almost to the end! ^_^

I'm throwing off a party when I finish it...XD

Mew13

Aqua Trainer
    Years
    Good Work, Batesy. A good review is certainly a rarity around here....

Oh, and by the by, there's no need to worry about conflicting plots in my new fics. I am currently writing 7 or 8, all of which are original. I don't have the time to read a lot of the fics here, so my stories can't be identical to any of the ones here....

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back