• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fanfiction of the Month (September): Who Shot Brendan Birch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kylie-chan

[span="background:#000; padding: 2px 10px;"][color
Years
  • Yippee, go Breezy, you deserve it!

It's funny. I never really thought of you, until you actually got Fan Fiction of the Week. (Ah, I envy you. Or do I? Maybe I've given up on fan fictions. Maybe, just maybe... I sympathise with Denny now...)

(Goodness knows you deserve it more than I, Queen of Bad Writing. Yes, the old un-self-confident DP is back after SOME people brought me back down from would-be good mood [I had a bad day yesterday. Fortunately today was an improvement.])

Breezy

Eee.
    Years
  • Mmm, not really sure as to *why* this fic is the ff of the week but meh . . . *shrugs*. That's always cool though, I was really surprised when I saw my fic up here lol.

But ignore the ranting Breezy and just read the fic. ^_^ Thanks for reading and reviewing guys, they always make my day *smiles*.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter VI:

Wally rested his chin on his closed fist and stared at May, suspicion lurking in his eyes. "Hmm . . ." he murmured under his breath.

"Take a picture, it'll last longer!" May snapped, angry that Wally accused her of shooting her boyfriend. "I didn't shoot him alright?! I wouldn't even think of it! It's so . . . wrong!" She shuddered. "I ran out of tears for him you know! I would be crying right now if I didn't!"

"You know what bothers me the most May?" Wally remarked, using his two arms to support himself while he sat on the table. "The news report said that you found Brendan this morning. Am I right?"

"Yeah I did," the girl trainer stated defensively. "No one else in the neighborhood had a Flying type strong enough besides me to carry two trainers to Rustbaro. I was the only one who could do it."

Wally shook his head. "No, you misunderstood me. I meant that you took Brendan to the hospital, that I already know. But what confuses me is how you knew that he was hurt first . . . five minutes later as you said in the television report. . ."

May scoffed. "I didn't give a specific time as to when I rescued Brendan. And besides, I live next door to him! All I have to do is look out my window and I can see Brendan's house if I crane my neck out the window far enough," she paused, "and why does it matter if I did find Brendan on the cold hard ground first anyways? Doesn't seem to have a big effect on the real issue right?"

"Wrong," Wally answered, staring at May with more suspicion lurking in his green-colored eyes. "Brendan Birch was brought to the hospital 4:18 A.M. this morning . . . what time did you leave your house May?"

"4:07 this morning or somewhere around that time," she replied, confused as to why Wally asked when she left.

"I see . . ." Wally replied. "Interesting . . . Swellow's are well known around the world as one of the fastest bird Pok?mon in the world. So for your Swellow to make it to Rustbaro, he should of gotten there by at least 4:11 . . . plus you probably took at least five minutes to load Brendan onto Swellow and warn Professor Birch, your dad, and everyone else important. So its would be like. . . 4:16 when you got to Rustbaro and get him to a doctor at 4:18 . . ."

"I don't get what your getting with this . . ."

Wally ignore the curious looks everyone else was giving him. "Ten minutes . . . you found Brendan TEN minutes AFTER he was shot. Seems kind of. . . unlikely right? I've got a question. where were you AFTER the party?"

May crossed her arms and scowled. "Fine, I'll tell you what I did after the party! Okay, after everyone left, I walked to the door with Brendan, kissed him goodnight and went to my house NEXT DOOR to Brendan's, like you already know, at 4:00 A.M. I remember the time because I always remember the times that I get mad at him . . . okay, JEALOUS at him but this time it was because he won the League even though I worked harder-"

"How do you know you worked harder?" Steven questioned.

May ignored him. "-So I took a quick shower and dried my hair which only takes about five minutes tops making it about 4:05 A.M. I'm a fast sleeper so I hopped into bed and was out like a rock or however that dang saying goes. I awoke at 4:11 this morning when I heard a gun shot from outside-"

"How do you know that the gun was not silenced?" Wally questioned.

"Well, how do you know if it has a silencer on the gun in the first place?" May inquired back. "Anyways, I awoke from a gunshot coming outside being the light sleeper that I am and I ran outside in my pajamas. I barged into Brendan's house and saw Brendan lying cold, blood gushing from his shoulder." She shuddered from the horrid memory. "I shouted loudly as to awake Brendan's parents, carried Brendan outside, called upon Tai, my Swellow, and rode to Rustbaro, the closest hospital near Littleroot. And that's the story."

Wally sighed, clenching his fists together. "But-"

"Oh Wally, stop pestering the poor girl," Officer Jacob stated kindly. "Innocent into proven guilty and stories do not always prove the truth." He looked towards the television where Detective Tony was busy rewinding and fast forwarding it. "Hey Tony! Get to a place where it doesn't show the por-"

"I said shut. Up," the detective said sharply as he glared at the officer. Officer Jacob only smirked in return. "Anyways," Detective Tony pressed play on the VCR, "stupid Detective Homer didn't rewind the tape and then he taped er . . . something else in the beginning so I had to fast forward it to the right spot. Sorry for taking so long. Anyways, the 'detective' has gotten hold of a tape videoed by a guest at last night's party. Maybe this will help us . . ." he got out of the way and sat down in the straight back wooden chair.

The tape began to play as soon as the detective sat down. It was sort of unsteady like most home videos not on a tripod. T he video taper moved through the room making the video bob left and right with each step. He then stopped in the middle and move around in a slow circle, taping Wally spill soda on Brendan's shoes and getting whacked in the head by some girl ("Latios, that girl hit hard," Wally remarked, rubbing the back of his head), Norman talking to Brawly and Flannery, ("That was when I got the fake gun remember?" Norman remarked dryly) and the other guests in the room.

"Hey Joe, can ya come help us with this?" a voice from the television asked.

"Sure," the camera man replied, setting the camera on a wooden table but not turning it off. The camera started to tape Professor Birch and May chatting on the couch ("This is where I began to complain to the Professor!" May noticed). Sure enough, May began to comply to the poor Professor who shook his head, nodded, or sighed in response ("Well, don't he look like he's enjoying that chat," Steven smirked only to get whacked on the arm by the girl trainer).

"Its my party and I'll cry if I want to!" May on the video sniffled. "Wait . . . its not even my party! ITS BRENDAN'S!"

Everyone watched as a sweat-bubble formed on the Professor's head. "I believe someone is feeling jealous . . ." he noted, smiling.

"Am not!" May retaliated, both on the television. and real life. "Why would I be jealous? I got second for crying out loud! There's no reason for me to be jealous! Right?" (May in real life nodded. "Of course not!" she scoffed.)

"Anyways . . ." the Professor tried to change the subject, "I really need to get everyone out of my house by at least four."

"Four?" May asked. "Why four?"

"Because it's late of course!" Professor Birch chuckled. "These people have to sleep for at least three or four hours and so do I and Brendan. We have to get ready for that Pok?mon Masters' Brunch later after breakfast. You're coming to that aren't you May?"

May on the television shrugged. "Dunno, might not wake up early enough for that or might be too tired or something . . ."

"Yeah, I really need everyone to get out by four . . ." the Professor trailed off, "but anyways . . ."

"So Wally," Steven said in a hushed voice, smirking as Joe, the camera man, came back and began taping the rest of the party. "Still think its May?"

Wally glanced suspiciously at May from behind his shoulder; he nodded, "Sorta . . . but I have my suspicions about Professor Birch now . . ."

Steven looked puzzled. "And why so?"

Wally stared at the black and white fuzz on the television for a while before answering, "Because Steven, when May and Professor Birch were talking to each other at the party, he mentioned that he needed everyone to get out of his by four . . ."

"So . . .?" Steven trailed off, not getting what Wally meant.

"Just saying . . ." Wally stared at the window, his eyes beginning to burn from the fuzz. "He needed to get everyone out by FOUR! The hour that Brendan was shot. Now I don't know why Professor Birch wanted to get everyone out at that specific time, why not two or three? He would get more time to sleep! But anyways, I've got the worst suspicion in the world . . ."

"Oh? And what's that?"

"That father wants to kill son . . ."

----------------------------------------------------------------

Um, fwee, thanks for reading. ^^ Know who it is yet?

LaTeR dAyZ!

Kylie-chan

Years
  • That's it. Remember my old theory? Prof. Birch is now in the gang list. He got everyone out of the house!

And May wouldn't come to the Brunch because:

a) She knew it wasn't gonna happen (Birch was faking not knowing she couldn't come) as Norman/she was gonna shoot Brendan
    b) She was jealous

Well Birch could hate Brendan for various reasons... maybe he likes May better, or, well, yeah... maybe he's (OMG) gay and wants to get Norman's love, etc. etc....

*I'm crazy so don't shoot me, find me a padded cell asap*

Actually perhaps Wally is framing Birch. Birch could have known someone was going to shoot, and he needed to get everyone out of the house so they couldn't be shot, and maybe he was going to get Brendan and himself out of the house too. Also he needed any likely culprits - that is, May, Wally, Norman, Brawly, Flannery, Steven - out of the house right away.

Cool chapter!

Breezy

Eee.
    Years
  • Ooh, you guys are good at this. ^_^ So close . . . Maybe anyways . . . >> Got more clues to plant and more- k, shutting up now.

So enjoy and thanks for reviewing!

And not that I mind or anything but shouldn't be thread be unsticked by now? =/

-----------------------------------------------------

Chapter VII:

The black and white fuzz was getting unbearable to the ears so Detective Tony used the remote that controlled the VCR to fast forward to the next scene. Wally, though, snatched the device out of his hand. Tossing it up and down in one hand, the green-haired trainer stated, "I've got another question . . ."

"Another one!" May scoffed, annoyed with the boy and his irritating questions. "Who are you suspicious about now Wood? Professor Birch?" She laughed mockingly. "How idiotic! We all know that the Professor would never try to murder his own son!"

"Ah, that is true . . ." Wally rubbed his chin, causing the girl trainer to roll her sapphire-colored eyes. "The Professor does love his son . . . or he does when he around others." His eyes cast to a dark green shade. "No one knows how the Professor treats his son when no one is around."

"What are you getting at Mr. Wood?" Detective Tony inquired. "The Professor has no reason whatsoever to try and murder his own son and I cannot think of a reason either. This idea of yours is simply idiosyncratic and uncanny!"

"Oh shove that pocket thesaurus up your arse." Wally shook his head. Detective Tony frowned but nevertheless thrust the hand-held thesaurus back into his coat pocket. "Now, I too can't think of a reason why Professor Birch would want to kill his own son but like May, he is the least likely suspect. Dare he shoot his son? To many, he would not. But as for me . . . I think he would."

Norman had confusion written all over his face at this point. "Professor Birch loves his son Wally. He has told me before that he sometimes worries about him while he's traveling even though my daughter is with him."

"Yet . . ." Wally paused, "this morning, Professor Birch was sleeping in his bed when Brendan got shot am I correct?"

"Yes Wood, you are," Detective Tony answered. "But what does-"

"What it has to do with anything is that the Professor was 'sleeping.' " Wally interrupted. "He went to bed at three o' clock right? If you think I'm wrong, I'm sure we can look on the tape and see. He only announced it to the whole world this morning . . ." He rolled his eyes. "I think that's suspicious, like we give a friggin' care that he's going to bed. But anyways, getting back on topic, Professor Birch could of easily climbed out of the window and shot Brendan minutes after May left! And no one would suspect its him, seeing as people thought he went to sleep."

"He does make a good point," Detective Tony frowned. "Jacob, call the officers on duty and tell them to bring Professor Birch downtown A.S.A.P. Tell them its urgent."

Officer Jacob nodded and opened the wooden door. Before leaving, he added, "Aw, does this mean I have to miss watching the por-"

"I said GO!"

Officer Jacob chuckled and closed the door behind him.

"Now Wally," Detective Tony turned his attention back to the boy trainer in the room, "explain to me how you think that Professor Birch shot his son."

Wally nodded, "Alright then. After the party and after May kissed Brendan good night, more than ten minutes passed. Brendan got a mysterious phone, asking him questions. Five minutes later, the person hung up and Brendan turned around. He probably saw the shadow peeking at him through his window and then the shadow try to kill him. Now, its possible that Professor Birch called his own house on his Pok?Nav and covered the camera part. He most likely knew that Brendan was going to turn around and go back upstairs. That's when he decided to fire . . ." He glanced darkly at the grimy window. "I already explained to you how Professor Birch got down and how he could get away with trying to murder his own son . . . he is a likely candidate."

"Yeah, but the question remains: Why would the Professor want to kill his own son?" Steven asked, puzzled.

"Well . . ." Norman piped up, "Professor Birch was a brilliant man backed when he and I were young trainers traveling. He knew everything about Pok?mon; their attacks, personalities, you name it, he'd answer it. Though the professor didn't always want to be a . . . well . . . professor." Detective Tony handed him his pocket thesaurus who Norman, in return, threw it over his shoulder. "Anyways," he started again, ignoring the fact that the usually mature detective was making faces behind his back, "Professor Birch wanted to be a Pok?mon Master, like young Brendan. But his dreams were crushed when a trainer by the name of Satoshi beat him in the finals. The Professor was furious! He didn't go the Pok?mon Master's Brunch, or the beach party or anything like that! He stayed at home sulking. Back then, he was a sore loser. . ."

"Like Brendan before when he lost battles to me." May giggled, remembering old times.

"Right," the gym leader smiled, "so in conclusion, I think he might be jealous of the fact that his own son got the first dream he wanted causing him to go well. . . mad."

"You shouldn't of thrown that thesaurus away Norman." Detective Tony smirked in triumph.

"Whatever . . ."

"So what your saying is dad that Professor Birch wanted to kill his son for being champion?" May asked in shock. "Well that's stupid! I would think that the Professor would be proud that a Birch won the Hoenn title for Latias' sakes! I was wondering why he was talking to me instead of his son all last night and this morning!"

"Well, you never know." Wally shrugged in reply. "So, what do you know? We do have a reason why Professor Birch wanted to-" He was cut off as the wooden door slammed open, cracking the chipped plaster wall.

Officer Jacob returned, a grim smile on his face as he gently pushed a man with a small goatee thing going on. He wearing a lab coat, khaki shorts, and a blue button up t-shirt inside of the coat; the outfit of a professor. Professor Birch that is.

Professor Birch growled in the pit of his throat as he sat down grumpily next to Norman.

"Professor," Norman nodded as a greeting. "Welcome to our after party!" he joked.

"Can it Maple!" the Professor grumbled. This entire ideal played with the Professor's usual calm and peaceful carriage.

Wally looked at the Professor and smirked. "Professor Birch. . ." he said slowly, "where were you early this morning when Brendan Birch got shot huh? Out trying to kill him huh? Huh? HUH?"

"You went over dramatic with the 'huh's'," pointed out May. "One or two is just enough but three . . . whoa buddy!"

Wally ignored May and continued his rant, "I think you tried to attempt homicide!"

Professor Birch raised an eyebrow. "And why so?" he scoffed.

"Because you're the least suspicious and we all know that the least suspicious is always the killer!" Wally replied, smirking. "Am I right or am I right?"

"Er, do we have to answer that?" Norman inquired, rubbing the back of his head.

"No comment," May said simply.

"I'm allergic to answering. . . questions," Steven replied weakly, coughing slightly.

Wally rolled her eyes and paced the length of the desk. His emerald-colored eyes stared at the dusty wooden panels that covered the floor, his arms crossed at his back. The other suspects watched him dully, being reminded of those old mystery movies that were on late at night but then again, the room did have the right setting for it.

"Ah ha!" Wally cried triumphantly, waking up a few people from their slumber. "I know why Professor Birch did it! I remember he shouted that he was going to bed . . . and despite the fact that you may have a woman or two that long for you Professor, I don't think you are the cheating type," Wally smirked, raising his eyebrows as the professor sweat-dropped. "And you could easily climb out your window and shoot Brendan."

The professor shook his head. "There is the questions of how I got down two stories and where I got the gun seeing as I don't have one."

"Ah . . . well," Wally paused and sat upon the cherry wood desk, stroking his chin. "You could of borrowed a gun . . . from NORMAN!" he pointed towards the Normal type gym leader and laughed mockingly. "You could of borrowed the gun from Mr. Maple here! Everyone knows that all gym leaders have a gun hidden somewhere for protection!"

Norman sighed and rubbed his temples. "I told you once and I'll tell you again Wally. I haven't taken that gun out for years! I have never used a bullet on a person! That gun you saw last night was a fake! And if you must know, I left the party five minutes before May. I knew she wanted to 'talk' to Brendan by herself. Therefore, if I did help Professor Birch, it would be pretty hard for me to get outside the house without May being there."

Wally frowned. "But-" he was cut off bu the door slamming open.

An outraged Pok?mon League Champion stood there, his ruby-red eyes burning with flames, a sling over his left arm. He marched angrily up to the green-haired trainer and pushed him off the desk.

Wally landed hard on his back, his green eyes piercing into Brendan's own orbs. "What the friggin' heck was that for Birch!" he spat out, disgusted. "We're in the middle of discovering who shot you this morning ya know!"

Brendan pointed an accusing finger at him, glowering ice cold daggers. "Don't bother anymore. I know who shot me. . . and I happen to be pointing to him right now!"

Everyone in the room gasped except for Wally who only glared back in return.

"And what proof do you have of this?" Wally inquired angrily.

Brendan reached into his pocket and pulled out a ski mask. He turned it outside out with his right hand and showed everyone the inside of it. Green hairs were planted inside it as if they were pulled out when the mask was pulled off.

Wally's eyes widened in horror. "Someone set me up!" he cried, jumping back onto his feet. "I didn't shoot you Brendan, honest!"

"I think the one who was shot and was the only real witness knows more than you do Wood," the white-haired trainer retorted smartly. "Now its my turn to tell my story."

"Oh joy, I can hardly wait," Wally rolled his eyes as he hopped back onto the desk.

Brendan walked the length of the room and sat down next to his girlfriend. He sighed outwardly before starting his tale. "It was a dark, luminous night-"

"I'm sorry Mr. Common Sense Man, how can it be both dark and luminous?" Wally interrupted. "If you look in Detective Tony's handheld thesaurus, the word 'luminous' means bright or beaming and the word dark is . . . well . . . dark!"

"Like I was saying before I was rudely interrupted . . ." Brendan ignored Wally's comment, "after I said good night to May over here, with nickname and other things of course," he winked at May, who blushed in return, "I was about to go upstairs when the phone began to ring. Not wanting to wake my parents up, who were already asleep, I went to the kitchen and answered it. A man began to talk . . . his voice was deep or either muffled by a cloth. He kept asking me questions and I was only allowed to say 'yes' or 'no'. The voice's last question was, 'Are you afraid of death' or something like that and I answered yes. It then said, 'Then I suggest you duck' and then hung up on me. I was confused when I hung up the phone; I turned around and I saw a dark-"

"Oh, was this shadow 'luminous' too Birch?" Wally smirked.

"-looming shadow at my window." Brendan glowered at Wally. "I told him that I didn't sign autographs this early in the morning or late at night-"

"Way to sound arrogant there Brendan."

"-but it didn't move. I saw him raise something and using the moonlight as a guide, I saw a gun glint in the pale light. Thousands of thoughts ran through my head and suddenly, unbearable pain shot up through my shoulder. I collapsed and blacked-out. I awoke in the Chansey Hospital in Rustbaro like you all remember and that's my story."

"But you see Mr. Birch, what does that have anything to do with Wally?" Detective Tony asked.

"You're the detective, figure it out!" Brendan challenged.

"Well, how is he suppose to figure it out when you don't explain yourself clearly?" Wally remarked. "You told us that you think that I shot you . . ."

"And I have the proof!" Brendan replied as he waved the ski mask in the air.

"A simple ski mask and a brush with a few strands of my hair could easily make that 'proof' you have there Birch!" Wally regarded, crossing his arms. "And your story only told the facts that we already know, not teach us anything new. While you may have the brain span of a gnat, not everyone in this room does too."

Brendan only chuckled. "Ah but, as I do recall, you spent the night in one of your other friend's house in Littleroot right?"

"So?" Wally questioned, confused.

"Well, your as much likely a suspect as Norman, May, or my dad too! So don't tell them that just because they live near me, they are the most likely to also attempt murder. Because then you would also be accusing yourself. Your one of my biggest and worst rivals Wood and you have many reasons to try and kill me."

"That is true," Wally admitted, "but still . . . no reason, no good."

Brendan scowled coldly at his rival. "I've always wondered. . . how and where do you get all your information? Hmm . . .? You know too much for your own good Wood! Now doesn't that sound suspicious?"

-----------------------------------------------------

Looks like were going back to Wally huh? Thanks for reading!

LaTeR dAyZ!

Kylie-chan

Years
  • oh I'm so tired so I'll just make it short.

Wally DID IT! I have two suspect "sets": my previous, and Wally on his own. Wally knows way too much, and Brendan has that evidence, and it would be hard for Brendan to make that evidence when he didn't go away from the party and he was in hospital the rest of the time, so unless May or someone framed Wally and gave him an anonymous tip-off... Well, they do this in books: if they're doing something secret, they never tell their friends, so if they don't know, the knowledge can't be tortured out of them. *drumroll please* WE HAVE OUR CULPRIT!

You made a few typos like Rustbaro instead of Rustboro, bu instead of by, and your instead of you're. Your is a possessive pronoun or whatever it's called, e.g. your story rocks. (Too true!) You're is a contraction for You are, like You are a great writer. (RL examples XD)

So, that's all I have to say, the story's consistent to my last review so enough said.

Good night and happy birthday to myself (OMG what am I coming to?)

~DP~

Years
  • oh this is great!I cant help thinking brendan shot himself because if someone threatebed to kill may if he didnt or something like that.if what wally said was true
    the "the most unlikly suspect is always the one that did it" then brendan did it
    I'm probabaly wrong though

pichugirl

CardCaptors
    Years
    • Age 32
    • MD
    • Seen Oct 3, 2007
    But who would kill them self? If someone threatend to kill May he could kill the person who said it not him self. If you ask me I say Norman did it he is so calm about it like he doesn't care what happends.*dun dun dun dunnnnnnnnn* Norman is guilty!

pichugirl

CardCaptors
    Years
    • Age 32
    • MD
    • Seen Oct 3, 2007
    Besides he's the only one with a gun and he could be lieng about saying he hasn't pulled it out in 5 years. I'd say about 5 minutes.

Breezy

Eee.
    Years
  • But who would kill them self? If someone threatend to kill May he could kill the person who said it not him self.
    Actually, in my other fic Realizing Fate, Brendan was threatened by Maxie to kill Wally because if he didn't, Maxie would end up killing Brendan, Wally and May. I had a plot twister that Brendan was going to kill himself because he thought it would save May . . .

I just gave ya guys a clue lol. Fwee, fun times. ^^ If it helps with this story or not, I'm not telling. :P

Drayano

Axe me a question, I dare you.
    Years
  • Nice Breez. Good suspense and cliffhangers you have. Also like someone else said, it's Rustboro not Rustbaro.

Years
  • haha cant wait for more.
    yeah I read some of that Realizing Fate fic.thats what made me think maybe that would happen.

FireEmporer

I win. You lose.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 3, 2006
    MORE MORE! ENCORE! ENCORE! Wow I love this! Take your time! I love this FF!

Years
  • yep this is great!!can't seem to figure out who's the most suspicios though.all them were prolly in on it.

Breezy

Eee.
    Years
  • I knew I posted here! >> Chapter 8 coming up! ^_^ Have I posted this before, it feels like it heh. ^^;

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter VIII:

Brendan raised an eyebrow and smirked, pacing the length of the redwoo table that Wally was sitting on. "Well Wood? Your information has to come from somewhere am I right?" He nodded. "Do you get your information from town gossip? Or are you always eyewitness? Or are you just creating these zany ideas in your tiny, little head?"

Wally sucked in his cheeks. "I did not make up anything that I just said today! I don't lie unlike some people in this room. . ." He cast a dark glance. "I'm just saying Birch, maybe for some things, I was eyewitness, and other information might just be very detailed and specific rumors going around but I wouldn't make up anything to get someone else in trouble and to protect my own arse."

"By saying that statement, you are aware that you are accusing yourself of being the attempted killer?" Brendan asked thoughtfully.

Wally nodded. "Yes."

The room filled with gasps; squeaks of chairs scraping on the wooden floor were heard the people sitting in them pushed backwards, trying to get as far away from the green-haired trainer and possibly, the attempted murderer. Officer Jacob fingered the trigger of gun that was still in his gun holder and Detective Tony was busy scribbling down notes on a yellow notepad.

Wally smiled evilly. "So Brendan, think that your all smart, finding out that I am the killer. . . or least thinking that I am the killer." Wally trailed his finger in circles on the small wooden desk. "Let's just say that May purposely lost to you during the Championship battle? There is proof that she did and yada yada yada and she couldn't deny it. Now, this information got to you. Would you believe it if you thought it?"

"I do not get what your getting with this but yes, I would believe what I believe," Brendan answered, puzzlement etched all over his face.

"Now if you were to tell me what you thought - though I'd ever doubt you confined your thoughts to me in the first place - and I accidently told May with you around, would you deny or agree?" Wally asked, wiping the dust onto his khaki pants.

"I would deny of course! I mean, no offense May, I wouldn't want you to get mad at me for accusing you of losing on purpose!" Brendan laughed nervously to himself as May gave him a death glare.

"I see." Wally grinned jubilantly. "Congrats Brendan! You just proved my point!"

"Oh," Brendan laughed, "and what would your point be anyways?"

"That you lie to make things your way," Wally responded, the grin spreading across his face if possible, "and don't even think of switching for that not only proves that you like to deny even more, it also proves that you want the easiest way out of things. Besides, if you had chosen agree, you would be saying that you accept all my 'zany' ideas. So ha! I win, you lose!"

"And what does this have to do with anything?" Brendan tried to change the subject. "That doesn't prove that you aren't the killer."

"Yes it does," Wally retorted. "Let's admit it Birch, you hate me the most out of all the people in this room. With that question I asked, it proves that you deny things in order for it to change something, good or bad. While you denied who the real killer was by blaming it on me, it protects the people that you do like and love. I find denying bad but for the reason for doing so is good. But. . ." he trailed off, "I believe you catch my drift by now don't you think?"

Brendan frowned, "I would give you the finger if my arm wasn't in a sling."

"You have two arms you know," Wally countered. "Though I would find it rather amazing if you did know how to count them. Ready. . . one. . . two! Good job! You get a cookie!"

"At least my hair isn't green . . ." Brendan mumbled under his breath.

"At least I'll still have hair when I'm fifty," Wally retorted, "unlike you who's hair is already turning white!"

"I was born like this!"

"Boys!" Professor Birch barked sharply. "That's enough!"

Wally and Brendan only deepened the intense staring contest between then, the air in the room growing tense, the musky, dusty smell in the room not helping one bit. Only when Wally stuck out his tongue and formed devil horns on his head with his hands was when the stress diminished.

"So maybe I don't know if you did try to shoot me," Brendan admitted, "but still Wally. . . still. . ."

"Yes Brendan, still. . ." Wally shook his head. "No matter what I do, not matter what you say, there is going to be that 'still' roaming around in your head. And there's nothing I can do to stop it. . . but speaking of which, I still think it is your old man over there Birch."

Brendan glowered, feeling insulted, "My dad? My dad wouldn't even harm a Nincada! And I especially know that he wouldn't try to hurt me!"

"That's right!" Professor Birch defended.

"Quite true; your 'Birch' bond is strong and perhaps indestructible. . ." Wally trailed off. "To others anyways. You Birch's must know the secrets of how to untie those strong knots that hold your family together. And who better then the 'man of the house'?"

"Yes Wally, my family does have a special connection between each other," Professor Birch retaliated. "And you are correct that it is practically indestructible, but not one of us would ever want to break it. Ever."

"And the fact that you announce to the party that your going to bed early. . .?"

"Its so that no one would interrupt me. I wanted to get enough sleep so that I wouldn't be tired at the now postponed Pokemaster's Brunch. Most of the other professor's from the other cities and continents were going to be there so I had to look my best and I didn't want to slip into dreamland when I was giving my speech . Its rather impolite if you start to snore and drool on the table. . ."

Wally tapped his fingers lightly on the desk, "Right Professor. I'll believe you for now."

Professor Birch smiled, "And when did you become the detective of this case?"

"Ever since Detective Tony was beginning to do a lousy job. . . which is like the first minute we've met him," Wally laughed, smirking at the real detective.

Detective Tony crossed his arms and scowled, "Well, I didn't have much of a chance seeing as you would never shut up."

"True. . ." Wally admitted, "but guess what? I have another suspect. . ." he glared suspiciously around the room. "Someone you would never expect. . ."

"Again?" May slapped her forehead and ran her hand down her face. "We're running out of people Wally! The only people you didn't questioned is Officer Jacob and Detective Tony! We all know they didn't shoot B Boy seeing as they didn't even know about the party til now." She smiled nervously at the two authorities. "Sorry about that," she laughed.

"None taken." Officer Jacob smiled.

"Eh, I actually have a life to go to a little kid's party," Detective Tony simpered. He noticed the dark glances coming from the three trainer's eyes, "I was joking! Sheesh, kids these days. . ."

"Anyways," Wally started, "I think the new suspect would be-"

"That wall over there Wallace?" Brendan joked.

"No. . ." Wally trailed off. "You."

Brendan snorted. "Me? Why would I want to shoot myself? That's stupid, even for me! Did I just insult myself?"

"Yes you did," Wally agreed, "and there are many reasons why you would shoot yourself. . ."

"For example?"

Wally drummed his fingers on the desk again, "Oh you know. . . you've had been getting a lot of attention lately seeing as you did win the Hoenn League. . ."

"Your point?"

Wally glared at the window where streams of sunlight where pouring in between the window's blinds, "I'm just saying Birch, your getting attention NOW. . . but what happens later when everyone forgets or when someone else gets crowned Pokemon Master?"

"I don't know!" Brendan exclaimed, his lips pursing. "I was hoping that everyone would remember me. . ."

"Question," Wally replied. "Do you know who Red is?"

"Uh duh."

"How about Gold?"

"Of course."

"Silver?"

"Yes Wood . . ."

"And Green?"

"Haha, poor kid but yeah, I do."

"Well that's good, you seem to know practicably all the famous people of today," Wally paused, "but you Brendan. . . you haven't seen to have done anything special."

"I've defeated Team Magma!" Brendan growled. "And I've seen, not to mentioned I've seen Groudon too!"

"Yes, that's true," Wally acknowledged, "but. . . another question. Do you know who Crystal is?"

"Uh. . ."

"What about Blue?"

"Isn't that what some people think who Green is?"

"Yellow?"

"Well, I-"

"And do you know who Orange is?"

"Oh I know this one! She was the one who went to the Orange Islands, found a family of captured Lugias, released them, and won the League right?"

"Brendan . . ." May trailed off before shouting, "THERE ISN'T EVEN AN ORANGE!"

"I knew that." Brendan sweat-dropped. "I was just testing you guys!"

"The point is," Wally interrupted the couple's bickering, "there are plenty of people out there that have seen legendaries and plenty of Pokemon Masters that have done great things. But only a few were remembered. You want to be remembered and knowing your arrogant, cocky attitude, you always want to be the center of attention, in the spotlight, always trying to get people to pay attention to you. But you did know that all the fame and glory would die in at least three months! So what would happen to you now?"

"I . . ." Brendan trailed off.

"So you decided to shoot yourself!" Wally rambled. "You thought, 'Hey, maybe if I shoot myself, people will remember me!' so you took a gun shot yourself in the arm! Where you got the gun is another mystery that I will crack sooner or later . . ."

"Uh, jackarse!" Brendan slapped his forehead with his only working arm. "The window in my house is broken because of a bullet from a gun! How do you explain that, 'detective'?"

"You could of easily shot the window down and then yourself so it would look like someone shot you . . ." Wally murmured.

"And the fact that the broken glass was found INSIDE my house?" Brendan brought up.

"Good point . . ." Wally confessed. "May told us that she awoke to a gun shot . . ."

"Yes a gun shot," Brendan piped up. "As in one."

"I actually awoke from glass shattering," May admitted. "Not a gunshot . . ."

"Ah ha!" Wally smirked. "You could of shot down the window, picked up the broken pieces, threw them directly under the window outside and then shot yourself!"

"That's . . . ugh!" Brendan glowered at the green-haired trainer. "That doesn't make sense! May, what time did you find me this morning?"

"At least fifteen minutes when I left your house . . ." May answered. "Like I said, I took a quick shower then went to bed, waking up five minutes later to glass shattering."

"That wouldn't be enough time to place all the glass outside my window!" Brendan stated, scowling.

"Fine!" Wally huffed as he jumped back onto his feet. "Maybe its not you then!"

The room was tense and quiet until May piped up.

"But then who's left?"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

::shrugs at the Pokemon Champion parts:: Eh, too lazy to use the real info seeing as I forgot most of it. . . and also too lazy to look it up. . . yep lol.

Well thanks for reading and review. ^^

LaTeR dAyZ!

Friesguy

anniahlator
    Years
  • This is awesome. Hope you write more chaps. It leaves a big mystery on who's behind it. Personally I think Wally knows who did it, but doesn't want to say who it is. He knows quite a bit.

But those are opinions.

Breezy

Eee.
    Years
  • Um, I'm allowed to bump as long as its a chapter right? Correct me if I'm wrong ja?

Disclaimer: I don't own Pok?mon or any related characters.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Chapter IX:
    "But then who is left?" May repeated, her eyes resting on the wooden floor. "Another gym leader? A close friend? A fanatic of B Boy? A stalker? A hater?"

"Your mama," Wally replied, fiddling with some papers on Detective Tony's desk.

"Hey, that's mean!" May retorted, scowling.

"What?" Wally asked curiously. "My mama too . . ."

"It seems as though we have run out of suspects but we still have plenty of clues to find and many questions to be answered." Detective Tony stroked his chin thoughtfully. "You may all leave now . . ."

"What?" Norman asked, confused. "Your just letting us . . . leave like that?"

"Not unless you have something else to say Mr. Maple, but yes, you can leave," Detective Tony said cooly. "Just don't leave Hoenn. We will track you down if you do. I'll call you back later if I need you."

"Yes sir," Norman mocked as he opened the door and walked out. "See you back home May?"

"In a little bit dad," the girl trainer answered. She walked over to her dad. "I think I'm going to do some shopping to get rid of this stress. Buy a new shirt, get some new dolls for my secret base, the usual."

"Just don't spend all your money like last time. We don't need another credit card bill that reaches from the ceiling to the floor again because you were 'relieving your stress'." Norman rolled his eyes and left with his daughter, leaving four of the six remaining suspects.

"Yeah, I think its time I left to go see my aunt and cousin again," Wally shook his head. "I find it better to explain things to them in person then on the phone." He jumped off the desk and exited the room. "Wish me luck!"

"I hope they bite your head off!" Brendan said cheerfully.

"Whatever."

Professor Birch swiftly stood up from the wooden seat. "Yes, I better get back to the Pok?mon Center. Mrs. Birch must be worried." And with a slight wave of his hand, he swiftly walked out of the dusky room and into the brightly lit hallways of the police station.

"You leaving too Steven?" Officer Jacob asked as Steven got up from the dusty black couch.

"I guess so," the former champion replied, stretching his arms. "I think I'm going to visit my dad at the Devon Corporation and see if he got the dream interpreter working yet. I wanna see what my Aggron dreams about." He strolled calmly out of the room. "Good bye Officer Jacob. . . Fat Tony."

"I'm not fat!" Detective Tony retorted as a chuckling Steven left. "Am I?"

"Maybe he watches a lot of mafia movies," Officer Jacob said with a shrug. He smirked. "Anyways, now that everyone is gone, why don't we go and watch that por-"

"Shut. Up," Detective Tony retorted, frustrated with the playful police officer. "There is no . . . you know what on this tape."

"Then why did you fast forward it?" Officer Jacob said smugly.

"Because I didn't want the kids to see!"

"Ah, so there is por-"

"I said shut it! And no, there isn't any po- anything like that on this tape like I said so go feed your perverted dreams some place else!"

"Ok, fine, whatever, so why did you fast forward it, detective?"

---

"Altaria!" Wally released his graceful bird Pokemon from her Pokeball. "Time to get some more clues! And what better place than where it happened? Littleroot Town!" he hopped onto his Flying type. Altaria majestically floated into the air, no motion of her flapping her wings, but then again, her wings were covered in puffy, soft clouds.

Altaria raised to a high altitude before shooting off straight towards the small town; Wally had to hold on tightly if he didn't want to fall off. A few minutes later, the bird and boy arrived in the tiny town of Littleroot. Altaria landed gracefully on the soft dirt floor but Wally wasn't so lucky; he flew head first into the someone's mailbox.

Wally groaned as he fell onto his back, eyes cast upward to the sky. "Ow. . ."

Altaria hummed a little note, her eyes flashing playfully.

The green-haired trainer rolled back up to his feet and smirked. "It's not that funny Altaria, you did that on purpose!"

Altaria burred again, her cloud-like feathers ruffling.

"Oh, so now your saying that you did do it on purpose?" Wally asked playfully.

Altaria nodded her head, humming another musical note.

"Ah, well, you can't always get your Pok?mon to agree with you I suppose." Wally shrugged and returned his Pok?mon to her Pok?ball. "Now to get some clues!" The young trainer walked past a few Professor Birch's Laboratory and walked up the hill toward Brendan's house. His eyes were greeted by the sight of police cars. "Well apparently other people have the same idea as I do," he stated as he walked down the hill to Brendan's house. "Excuse me." He tapped a police officer's shoulder. "What's going on mister?"

"What do you think kid?" the police officer said in a gruff voice. "We are investigating of course! We're trying to collect some evidence, question neighbors, the whole piece of cake!"

"The whole piece of cake?" Wally asked, bewildered. "Never heard of that one before. Isn't it the whole enchilada or something like that?"

"The point is kid," the police officer rolled his eyes, ignoring Wally's comment, "we're trying to find out who shot Brendan Birch this morning."

The emerald-eyed trainer also rolled his eyes at this moronic statement. "You and the rest of the Hoenn region," he muttered under his breath. Glancing up, he noticed the disdain look on the police officer's face. Smiling innocently, he asked, "Oh, and have you found anything?"

The officer thought for a minute, resting a finger on his chin. "Actually- wait, why the heck am I telling you this?" The police officer slapped his forehead in annoyance. "The information I know needs to stay undercover . . . for now anyways. We don't want it to spread like wildfire now do we?"

"Why would it matter, the media is going to find out soon enough and then everyone will know then!" Wally argued, crossing his arms.

"Well . . . uh . . ." the police officer answered weakly as he began to sweat. "You see kid-"

"And does your information really have to stay undercover or are you just saying that, hoping to keep this annoying kid, also known as me, away?" the boy trainer smirked, running a hand through his olive-green hair. "Do you find me annoying? Am I annoying? Why do I keep asking questions? Am I freak or something? Why is the sky blue? Why is my hair green-ish looking? How come you wanted to be a police officer? Why not a firemen? Are you dating a Officer Jenny? Where is the nearest bathroom? Can you speak French? What happens if we drown in our own tears? Do fools fall in love? How much wood can a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood? Can you rub your head and pat your stomach? Can you touch your toes, eat your nose or however that saying goes? Is that even a saying? Why do I keep ranting to myself? Are you listening to me? Hello? HELLO?"

The officer had his fingers plugged into the ear sockets while he began to hum to himself. He saw that Wally's mouth stopped moving and decided it was safe. Slowly, he pulled his fingers out of his ears. "Finally kid, I thought you would never shut-"

"How come words come out of your mouth but they sound like, 'blah blah blah'? How many cups of sugar does it take to get to the moon? I see dead people, do you? Why did the chicken cross the road? If a Mightyena and a Delcatty mate, what would you get? If two plus two is four, then what is the square root of two-thousand and four? If you had a piece of gum, would you chew it or would you keep it for later? Can you prove a circle is a circle? What are these, 'birds and the bees' anyways? Did you know my name backwards is Yllaw? Did you know that flowers smell like yucky sometimes? If you have a clogged nose, what would you do? WHAT WOULD YOU DO?"

"I'm getting out of here!" the police officer rang, his hands covering his ears.

Wally laughed, smirking. "Sucker!"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Gotta cut it in half since my chapter is too long (surprisingly). o.0

LaTeR dAyZ!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back