• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fanfiction of the Month (September): Who Shot Brendan Birch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Breezy

Eee.
    Years
    ^^; Sorry, forgot to put chapter 12 up here. My bad. . .

Random fact about this story: Originally, May was suppose to be the one that was shot, but it changed to Brendan instead. Just little clues that were hidden in dialouge or description that I decided to add in.

Anyhoo, enjoy!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter XII:

"Next we have on the list is Wally," Officer Jacob said. "Mr. Anthony Peterson, do tell as to why Mr. Wally Wood would want to shoot Mr. Brendan Birch?"

"Well for starters," Detective Tony started, "Mr. Wood has been one of Mr. Birch's greatest rivals since Mr. Wood captured his Ralts a year or so ago. No one is clear as to why those two dislike each other with a passion. Why didn't Mr. Birch dislike Miss Maple that much too, for, after all, those two were striving for the same goal. I think it's perhaps that Mr. Birch liked Miss Maple from the start, but I'm not sure. Perhaps Mr. Wood liked Miss Maple or gave out signals that he did and it caused alarm inside Mr. Birch most likely. Perhaps he didn't like that another boy was yearning for his girl's heart which made him immediately hate Mr. Wood."

"Hate is a strong word," the police officer stated, "but yes, I see your point." Officer Jacob leaned against the wall and stared out of the window, eyes narrowing. "Mr. Wood also wanted to be Pokemon Master like Mr. Birch. Even if he didn't like Miss Maple, he would still have a reason to hate Mr. Birch. Jealously, anger, hatred. All these signs point to Mr. Wood."

"But jealously, anger and hatred can point to most of the suspects besides Wally," the detective retorted. "May, Steven, Professor Birch, Norman, Wally . . . They all suffer jealously that was provoked by Brendan. So you really can't pinpoint all those . . . well, emotions just on Mr. Wood. No, there has to be another reason as to why this little fourteen year-old boy would want to shoot his ally or rival or whatever! But what?"

"Families perhaps?" Officer Jacob suggested. "Brendan's dad is one of the greatest Pok?mon Researchers in the world and Wally's dad . . . well. . . Wally's dad is just there."

Detective Tony rolled his eyes. "Quite the idiotic reason to hate someone. If I were Wally and I was jealous of Brendan's dad, I would try to be all nice and friendly with Brendan to meet his dad and hang around him twenty four-seven." The detective took a cigar out of his trench coat pocket and lit it with a lighter. He took in a deep breath of the cigar before coughing. "****, these things taste like crap."

"Then why the hell do you smoke one?"

"I'm not sure really." The detective walked over to his table and snuffed the cigar in an ashtray. "Anyways," he brought up, "Wally . . . Wally, Wally, Wally. . . Why would you want to shoot Mr. Birch besides of being jealous? What would possess you to pull that trigger? Why?"

Officer Jacob rubbed his chin. "Well, there is the fact that Mr. Birch is alive in Mr. Wood's eyes."

Detective Tony raised and eyebrow and eyed Officer Jacob oddly. "What do you mean by that officer?"

"I'm just saying Tony. . ." the officer trailed off. He drummed his fingers on the side of the desk. " Some people just . . . hate people for being alive. Judging them by their outer appearance . . . Stereotyping as they call it."

"Ah, but Mr. Wood began to know Mr. Birch. So Mr. Wood couldn't of shot Mr. Birch for that idiotic reason. Wally's a special case, that he is."

* * *​

"That was weird," Brendan said as he crawled out of the abandoned building, "really weird." The white-haired trainer looked up the red and orange streaked sky, thinking. "I wonder who that guy was. Is it someone I know? Yeah, it'd had to be, he knew everything about what happened to me. Not unless he really could predict the future or had an Alakazam handy or something."

The boy trainer sighed loudly and leaned against the old brick wall of the abandoned building. He stared at the dark blue sling that held up his injured arm, wondering why someone would want to shoot him in the first place.

"Well, that's an incredibly stupid question to ask," Brendan muttered to himself. "Even though its kind of depressing to think about, a lot of people want me dead." He laughed in mockingly kind of way. "My friends, my rivals, my enemies . . . Perhaps even my- no, May wouldn't want to kill me. Would she?" Brendan shook the bad thoughts out of his head. "Of course not, snap out of it B Boy, you're losing it!"

Are you really sure about that? How much do you know about this girl and how many lies do you think she tells? The voice kept echoing inside his head.

"N-no, that guy was dead wrong!" the white-haired Pok?mon Champion debated. "He doesn't know who I am!"

Perhaps young Miss Maple wanted you to be close to her . . . So she can stab you in the back that is!

"**** that voice," Brendan murmured. "**** THAT VOICE TO HELL!"

The boy trainer punched the wall with his good arm, causing him to scrape his knuckles on the rough matter of the brick wall. He brought his fist towards him and watched the blood begin to bubble up through his skin.

Brendan fell backwards into the wall and slid down, landing on his bottom. "What the hell did I do to deserve this?" he asked himself angrily, wiping the blood onto his pants.

"Perhaps you don't deserve those ****ed blessed things in the first place," a voice from the end of the alleyway responded cooly. "Or perhaps you just took those things for granted."

Brendan turned his head and saw two boys with green hair and a pair of emerald-colored eyes to match walk towards him. He rubbed his eyes and blinked several times.

"Uh, Wood, you didn't happen to clone yourself did you?" he asked as the two green-haired trainer and contestant walked closer to him.

Wally looked at Drew and smirked. "Really Birch, do you think I'm that ugly?" he pointed at Drew and laughed.

"Haha, hilarious!" Drew stated sarcastically, soon rolling his eyes. "Not."

"What are you guys doing here anyways?" the white-haired trainer asked.

"Oh you know, these abandoned buildings just cease to amaze me with its broken windows and crumbly walls," Wally remarked sarcastically. "We were actually passing by when we saw you trying to beat up the wall. I think by the looks of it that you lost." He pointed to Brendan's bloody knuckles, smirking. "Why were you punching the wall anyways?"

"Because I wanted to," Brendan retorted weakly.

"I'm sure."

"Really, its true."

"Never said I doubted you B Boy."

The three stood in silence before Drew piped up, "Really, what are you doing here?"

"Nothing!" Brendan snapped. "Can't a kid just explore these random places in Rustboro City? I mean YOU," he pointed at Wally, "said that you were amazed by broken windows and crumbly walls!"

"Dude." Wally rubbed the back of his head. "I was being sarcast-"

"And why does it matter what was I doing!" Brendan ignored the green-haired trainer's comment. "I mean, I don't see why YOU of all people Wood would care about me and this little green-haired clone of yours would care either!"

"The name's Drew," Drew answered, "and we have met before at one of the Pok?mon Contests-"

"AND," Brendan put emphasis on the word, "AND! AND . . . and I- ugh!" He pushed Wally out of the way and stormed out of sight.

"Well that was interesting," Wally said thoughtfully.

"I wonder what his problem is," Drew said, rolling his eyes.

"Maybe he got in a fight with May, his GIRLFRIEND, and decided to hide here," Wally remarked, looking suspiciously at Drew out of the corner of his eyes. He saw a slight twinge of jealously cross over the Pok?mon Contestant's face.

"Maybe . . ." Drew replied quickly, "just maybe . . ."

"Or maybe Mr. Birch heard a voice . . . a voice that called him here . . ." someone - or something - whispered, his voice traveling with the wind.

"Wh-what was that?" Drew asked, one eyebrow raised.

"I-I'm not sure," Wally replied, running his hands up and down his arms, "but all I know is that it got suddenly cold."

"I think," Drew began to slowly walk backwards, "I'm going to leave now. . . nice meeting you Wally, later!" The boy ran down the rest of the alley and turned the corner.

"Hey, wait a minute!" Wally took a step forward when a what seemed like an invisible barrier blocked his way. The green-haired boy glared, slowly turning around in circles as if looking for that strange voice that called him.

"Welcome Mr. Wood," the voice cackled, "welcome to hell!"

* * *​

"Okay, if we can't think of any reasons besides the 'Wally hates Brendan' idea, we can at least figure out how Wally could of shot Brendan," Officer Jacob brought up. "I believe that Wally stole someone's gun, you?"

"Same here, how else could a kid get a gun?" Detective Tony remarked.

"Well he could . . ." Officer Jacob trailed off. "Do you hear something?"

"Like?"

"Like . . . whistling. You know that cartoon when the coyote is chasing that roadrunner thing and then he ends up falling off the cliff and it makes that high-pitched whistling noise?"

"Uh, sure?"

"Yeah, well that's what it sounds-"

The officer was interrupted as a fourteen year-old boy with somewhat unruly brown hair crashed into the black couch along with a Pidgeot. The boy, remarkably after that fall, stood back up only to fall forwards again, crushing his flying Pok?mon.

"Well that was . . . yeah," Detective Tony rubbed the back of his head as he began to investigate. He rubbed his chin. "This kid looks awfully familiar doesn't he Officer Jacob? Like he's famous, but he's not."

"I know who he is!" Officer Jacob snapped his fingers. "It's Green, the only kid that was Pok?mon Master for ten minutes!" The officer rubbed the tips of his finger against his chin, "Hmm . . ."

"Hmm what?" the detective questioned.

"Do you suppose that Green shot Brendan?"

"What? That's absurd and absolutely random! Why would Green want to kill Brendan? He has no reason! If he wanted to get revenge on losing his title so quickly, wouldn't he go after Red?"

"Ah, but what if that's what he wants us to think that? And why is he here? Why would he want to watch a Hoenn League Championship? Most Pok?mon Champions come to see who is going to be the latest to the Champions but Green was only Pok?mon Champion for ten minutes! He has no reason to actually watch ya know."

"And you know, this entire crashing down on our roof and onto the couch could be a set-up!"

"That's right!"

"You know what I think?" the detective asked.

"No," the officer admitted, "but go ahead, speak away."

"I think that we over think things now."

"That, my friend, is no question. It's true."

* * *​

May picked up her Pok?balls from on top of the trash can and looked down the empty alleyway, a few lost tourists passing by every now and then. She sighed as she clipped her Pok?balls back onto her belt.

Trust no one, question everything, and always be on your guard? May thought. What the hell does that mean? Does he mean that someone close to me shot Brendan? Besides, can I really trust Maxie? He's the leader of Team Magma for crying out loud! It was only a few month ago when he almost tried to turn the world into all land after all, right?

The girl trainer sighed again as she looked at the time on her Pok?Nav. "Hmm, seven o' clock, better get back to Bread Head before he gets worried."

May walked past a department store and turned her head, looking at her reflection in the window. Staring back at her was a girl with weary blue eyes and a small frown on her usually happy-go-lucky face. It was kind of hard for her to believe how one day she could be unbelievably happy and the next, unbelievably sad and angry.

The bandana-wearing girl shook her head and continued to walk forward, practically crashing into a young boy of fourteen while she was at it. The boy tripped over her feet and skid across the ground.

"Latias, I'm so- Brendan?" May kneeled down to where Brendan skid and looked at him worriedly. "Are you alright B Boy?"

Brendan rolled on his back and groaned. "Yeah, I'm fine," he stated weakly. "At least I didn't land on my left arm."

"Oh, I'm sorry!" May remarked sadly, pulling the white-haired champion up. She frowned and brushed the dirt off his clothes. "Sorry. Dirt bugs me."

Brendan laughed. "It's okay." He glanced at the clock tower. "Hmm. . . It's getting late. Better get to the Pok?mon Center before our parents get worried huh? I don't see why we have to stay in Rustboro, its not like Littleroot is that far away anyways."

"Well, I guess the police officers want to keep a close eye on you," May replied as the two trainers began to walk hand-in-hand.

"But Detective Tony and Officer Jacob said we could leave as long as we didn't leave Hoenn right?" Brendan inquired as he began to swing both May's and his locked hands back and forth wildly.

"Well yeah I guess. But I suppose our parents don't want to waste any of our time flying back over here in case Detective Tony and Officer Jacob call us back," May retorted, "and besides, they've got dolls here!"

Brendan shook his head but grinned all the same. "Well, I've had a weird day," he admitted. "What about you?"

"Same. That entire questioning was kinda nerve-racking wasn't it?"

"Yeah, but I wasn't talking about-"

"Drew?" May interrupted Brendan as she saw the green-haired contestant running out of the alleyway Brendan was previously in.

"May?" Drew stopped running and stared at the couple. "What are you doing here?"

"Shopping," May replied, showing Drew her shopping bag filled with new clothes and Pok?dolls. "You?"

"Eh, some green-haired trainer made me come with him, I don't know why." Drew shrugged.

"Speaking of a green-haired trainer," Brendan remarked, "where is Wally?"

The green-haired contestant turned around. "That's funny, I swore he was behind me a few minutes ago, and it's only one pathway, he couldn't of gotten lost. After you left Brendan, a strange, creepy voice whispered to us. I kinda got well . . . freaked out and ran for it, and I thought Wally would do the same, but I guess he didn't."

"Something is wrong," the girl trainer stated, letting go of Brendan's hand to peer into the alleyway. "It's not like Wally to stay there even if he is more braver and stronger then he was before. Something - or someone - is making him stay there. I think we should go check it out!"

"Aw, can't we let the loser-" Brendan smiled innocently as May gave him her infamous death glare, "-be by himself? Don't kill me for that May heh."

"Come on B Boy." May ignored Brendan's whining and pulled him by his good arm into the alley. "I'm sure Wally would do the same for you!"

"Yeah, right May, right." Brendan rolled his eyes and let May drag him along. "Coming Drew?"

"Yeah, sure," Drew grumbled as he followed the two trainers into the alleyway.

May let go of Brendan's sleeve as they entered they turned the corner. She raised an eyebrow in suspicion. "What building is this?" she questioned, pointing to the run-down department store.

"A run-down building May," Drew replied simply.

"Well yeah, duh!"

"Okay, now that we're here and Wally's not, can we turn back now?" Brendan asked as he looked around.

"I want to go inside though!" May peeked her head through the window. "Sure is dark in there that's for sure!"

"No really May!" Drew retorted sarcastically. "You would think that building would be filled with sunlight and pretty little dandelions!"

"Your sarcasm is not appreciated."

"So?"

"Oh, cut it out you two," Brendan shook his head and pulled May away from the window. "It looks kind of . . . unsafe. This building could collapse down any minute or if we go in, we could step on a rusty nail and end up getting a tetanus shot in the butt. Or like this could be the place where the aliens land and eat people's brains."

"Okay . . ." Drew backed away from Brendan. "I think you've been reading one too many comic books."

"Eh, you get bored in the hospital after awhile." Brendan noticed that his girlfriend was gone. "May?"

"She probably went inside," said Drew as he stared at the rest of May's body crawling into the hole in the door.

"Well thank you Captain Obvious for answering that tricky question!" Brendan rolled his eyes and crawled underneath the hole to get his girlfriend. Soon, he was back inside the run-down building except this time with two of his friends. The white-haired champion walked over to May's side, Drew standing on his other side.

"This place is so cool!" May remarked happily.

"Rayquaza, you're weird May," Drew stated bewilderedly.

"Well so are you but I don't say it out loud," May retaliated sharply. "Now where's Wally?"

"Welcome back Mr. Birch," a strange voice from the pitch-dark hallway stated in its cold and eerie-sounding voice. "I see you brought friends this time, I've already got one of yours in the back."

"Who?" Brendan demanded.

"That little green-haired trainer," the voice replied cooly.

"Oh, Wally?" Brendan asked. "In that case, you can keep him."

"Brendan!" May said sharply.

"What?" Brendan asked innocently.

"Who are you?" Drew questioned, ignoring the couple's bickering.

"I am . . ." loud foot steps began to walk down the hallway; the three kids gasped. The voice finished his sentence, "Someone you thought would never be the voice in the first place. . ."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

N e ways, hope you enjoyed the latest chapter to. . . this story!

LaTeR dAyZ!

Years
    I think the voice is Detective Tony! Or someone like that... ... what she did say that it was someone unexpected.

Breezy

Eee.
    Years
    Um. . . enjoy! ^_^;

Random Fact of the Story: (btw, these aren't clues, they're just. . . random facts of the story lol) Brendan was suppose to be killed with poison but was instead changed to a gun.

Chapter XIII:

"Max! You little twerp! What the hell are you doing here!" May shouted as she advanced on her eleven year-old brother. She poked a finger at his chest and glared daggers into his eyes. "You are so dead for scaring us like that!"

Max didn't seemed fazed by his sister's threats, but instead took off his square black glasses and rubbed them clean before placing them back on.

"Haven't changed a bit sis," Max laughed, smirking.

"You have a brother May?" Drew asked, perplexed.

"Uh. . . yeah," Brendan answered for the girl trainer.

"Then how come you're not in the Ruby or Sapphire game then?" asked Drew as he eyed Max with his emerald-colored eyes.

"I'm in the game!" Max answered sharply. "People just don't know it's me! I'm that little kid with the blue hair and the glasses that tells either 'Brendan' or 'May' that Professor Birch is in trouble! After that, I just wander around 'May's' house."

"Really?" Drew questioned as he got out his Sapphire cartridge and placed it in his Pok?Nav. He turned the device on and entered his Pok?mon game file. "Alright then Altaria, fly to Littleroot like you've never flow before!" he ordered with a slight smirk on his face.

Brendan shook his head, bewildered by the Pok?mon Coordinator.

"What? Don't look at me like I have problems!" Drew remarked with a frown as he flew his Altaria in the game to Littleroot town. The green-haired contestant noticed the little boy with blue hair walking around the front area of 'May's' house. "Whoa, you are in the game! That's funny!"

"Uh huh." Brendan shook his head and paid attention back toward May's little brother. "So Max, how's the Kanto region? Heard you just got your eighth badge! Congrats and good luck in the Pok?mon League!"

"Thanks Brendan, but you should really congratulate Timber, my Sceptile, and my other Pok?mon for getting me this far!" Max grinned as he looked down at the Pok?balls on his belt.

"Max, I'm going to say this as calmly as I can . . ." May said, inhaling and exhaling deeply. "WHAT THE HECK ARE YOU DOING HERE! YOU'RE SUPPOSE TO BE BACK IN KANTO ANNOYING PEOPLE OVER THERE, NOT HERE IN HOENN!"

"Whoa . . . loud," Brendan remarked, eyeing his girlfriend worriedly. "Can't a kid come back to his home region every now and then especially since he's done getting all his requirements for the Indigo League?"

Max nodded in agreement. "Exactly," he replied, "and besides, I wanted to see if B Boy over here was alright. Heard you got shot in the shoulder blade. . . ouch."

Brendan chose to ignore Max's comment and got serious with him. "Were you . . . that voice?" he asked, causing both May and Drew to look at him weirdly.

"Like I've said May, freak child that Brendan," said Drew, rolling his eyes.

"The . . . voice?" Max asked as he scratched his head. "You mean that voice that said something like, 'I am . . . someone you wouldn't of expected in the first place?' That voice?"

"Yeah! Was that you?" Brendan asked excitedly.

Max cracked up in peals of laughter. "Yeah! I got you guys good didn't I?" the eleven year-old stated through his fits of chuckles. "You guys were like, 'Who are you?' HAHA! Latios, that's some funny stuff right th-"

Max was cut off when his sister smacked him on top of his head.

"Max! You little twerp, you scared the crap out of us!" May shouted, continuing to pound on her brother's head. "Don't you do that again otherwise I'm going to tell dad that you broke his ceramic Slaking-shape coffee mug last year!"

"Okay, okay, I won't do it again, so stop hitting me already!" Max yelled back, getting out of his sister's grip. Sighing in relief, he straightened up and fixed his askew glasses that slid down to his nose. "Fine, so it was me that said that. I thought it would be funny seeing as you guys were already paranoid from coming in here. Where are we anyways and what are we doing in here?"

"We, as in me, Brendan and Drew are here because Wally went missing," May answered. "You, though, are here because you wanted to freak us out. Which you did. So get out."

"Nah, I feel like staying actually," Max replied, throwing his hands behind his head. "Besides, I can help you guys, I already been through this place already! It's really awesome really if you ignore that smell of something being in the fridge too long."

"Oh joy, I can hardly wait to go down that hallway!" May rolled her eyes and she walked past the boys and into the hallway. "We've got to go find Wally remember?"

Max has to be that talked to me before, Brendan thought in his head as the two trainers and Pok?mon Contestant walked down the dark, narrow hallway, following May. I just know it is! Max is smart for a kid his age! But why doesn't he want to admit that he told me some pretty good advice? How come he's not telling May or Drew what he thinks? And just what the heck is he hiding?

* * * * * * * * * *​

"Ha, told you I would win Lance!" Red remarked arrogantly as both he and Lance, Dragon Pok?mon Champion, entered the Hoenn Elite 4 headquarters.

"I'll let you think that if it makes you feel better," Lance replied smartly.

"Red, Lance, good of you two to come on such short notice!" Drake said heartily from his armchair.

The two Pok?mon Champions of Kanto walked over to the two Pok?mon Champions of Hoenn and sat down across from them.

"Now this Brendan kid . . . Wasn't he in Team Magma?" Red got straight to the point as he sat down in a cushy red armchair.

"He didn't want to join on his own free will though Red," Steven answered, knowing about Red's hatred against Team Rocket, Team Aqua, Team Magma and any other team that did devious things in the past. "Okay, well he did but he was tricked into joining really as he told me once before. Maxie told him that he was going to make the world half land, half sea and make the world 'equal.' "

"The only way to make the world equal is to stop the racism, hatred, ignorance, and indifference," Lance remarked. "And even then . . ."

"I don't like it. This Brendan Birch may have the skill to be a Pok?mon Champion but that doesn't mean he has the right heart to serve up to his title," Red said with a frown on his face.

"Brendan is a good kid; you just got to learn to get past his arrogance and into his real self," Steven replied cooly, defending the new Pok?mon Champion of Hoenn.

"Ha, reminds me of two champions sitting in this room right now," Drake chuckled to himself as he took a sip of his coffee.

"I don't know Steven." Red shook his head in disapprovement. "Can we really trust this Birch kid? His dad may be a well-respected Professor of the Hoenn Region but that doesn't mean he after all."

"Like father, like son as they say," Steven argued through clench teeth, clearly getting annoyed with the Pok?mon Champion sitting across from him.

"I'm just saying that Brendan could be untrustworthy," Red argued, keeping his cool unlike the Hoenn Champion.

Something inside of Steven must of sparked up, for the Steel-type Pok?mon Champion rose out from his chair and began to advance on Red, an angry look on his face.

"Settle down you two, there is no need to get at each other's throats now," the elderly Dragon Champion of Hoenn interrupted the fight. "We came here to discuss the new Hoenn Pok?mon Champion, not to debate whether or not he's honorable enough to be considered to be one."

"You're right Drake," Steven admitted as he sat back down in his seat.

"Whatever." Red shook his head again but nevertheless kept his opinions to himself.

"Good." Drake nodded. "Now do you two have any other questions?"

"Yeah," Lance answered. "Who is the understudy again? Red and I were at the battle last night but we didn't seem to catch her name. May Maple was it? Isn't her dad the gym leader of Petalburg City?"

"Yes, Norman is May's dad," Drake answered thoughtfully.

"Hold up, wasn't May on Team Aqua before?" Red brought up, his eyes narrowing in disgust. "Wow, that's setting an example for the little kids isn't it; having former Team Magma and Team Aqua members be this year's Pok?mon League Champion and Understudy of Hoenn!"

"Is that your only concern?" Steven asked icily.

"Steven . . ." Drake warned.

"I'm serious Drake, the only thing that he is concerned about is the fact that Brendan and May were on Team Aqua and Magma. Who the hell fuckin' cares about that now! It's all in the past!"

"What those teams did was try to change the lives of people and Pok?mon alike!" Red argued. "Do you know how many lives could of been lost because of that!"

"I do, Red, I do understand, but what you need to understand is that those two realize what they were doing was wrong and they fixed it! They knew they made a mistake but you don't seem to care about that do you!"

"Well excuse me for caring about the people!" Red retorted sarcastically. "How do you know that Brendan and May have been tricking you all along? How do you know that their still loyal to the Team Magma and Aqua Leaders? That's right, you don't!"

"If you're that unbelievable arrogant that you can't even see what those two did for the Hoenn region then you're more than a jackass than I thought!" Steven barked, angered.

"I'm not even going to respond that fucked up statement," Red replied cooly.

Red really does hate the people on those teams, Steven thought in his head. But he wouldn't stoop down that low to try and murder Brendan even though he knows that he was on Team Magma right?

The Steel-type trainer looked at Red again and blinked twice, puzzled.

Nah, I don't think he would. But yet . . .

* * * * * * * * * *​

"Anyways, while the Viridian Gym Leader is knocked out cold at the moment," Detective Tony started, "let us continue what we were discussing. Who's next on the list of suspects?"

"May Maple," Officer Jacob answered. "She's the one that people would less likely suspect for trying to commit homicide on young Mr. Birch. I, for one, have no clue why she would want to seeing as the two did travel together through the Hoenn, Kanto, and Johto regions."

"But that also could mean that Miss Maple was getting annoyed with Mr. Birch officer," the detective debated. "Also, the fact that she would be least likely suspected would be a nice cover up to hide the fact that she did try to murder Mr. Birch."

Officer Jacob rubbed his temples and stared at the outside world through the dirty glass window. "If Miss Maple was annoyed with Mr. Birch, detective, then why would she be Mr. Birch's girlfriend? Now am I so far back in the times where I don't know that girlfriend means 'hated rival' or what detective? What does girlfriend mean to you?"

"Girlfriend at young Mr. Birch's and Miss Maple's age to me would have to mean something along the lines of 'we're-not-really-in-love-but-people-say-we-look-cute-together-so-therefore-were-together' or something like that," Detective Tony replied cooly. "If you don't understand, which does not cease to surprise me if you don't, I mean that their not really in love, their just well, close. And stop putting emphasis on the word 'detective;' it's bloody annoying."

"How do you know that they're not in love though Tony?" Officer Jacob questioned. "We cannot see through their eyes, we cannot walk around in their shoes, we do not know what goes inside their heads. Romeo and Juliet were in love around their age after all weren't they?"

"Do I dare remind you that they died because of that?" Detective Tony argued.

"They didn't die because of their love alone as you state it," the officer rolled his eyes. "They died because their family were feuding against each other. But anyways, back on topic. No, I don't think May could of killed Brendan. Yes, there are reasons that she could of but she wouldn't of had the time to do so anyways."

"Explain this to me officer."

"As both Brendan and May stated, May was the last to leave the party. May also stated that she took a five minute shower, dried her hair and went to bed."

"She could of been lying though Jacob. No one knows if she really took a shower, no one knows if she dried her hair, hell, know one knows if she even set foot in her bedroom."

"What do you mean by that Mr. Anthony Peterson? Do you mean that May could of lied, got a gun from someone and shot down Brendan?"

"Exactly right officer; I'm proud of you, you used your mind for once!" Detective Tony clapped mockingly, a small smirk plastered on his face.

"Oh shut up detective," Officer Jacob sighed. "Anyways, May has all the right reasons and the way to commit homicide on Brendan. The gun she could of stolen from her dad, she has the perfect cover up being girlfriend and all, and she had the perfect time to go in for the kill with no one around! Bloody hell Tony, you don't think May was the one that try to shoot down her boyfriend so to speak?"

"It's possible; every suspect we've brought up is possible," Detective Tony retorted. "In fact, everyone in this blasted world could of shot Brendan down. We've all got reasons to why we do certain things, and this mystery is no exception to that. Now I don't want to point fingers at May even with the fact that she became number one on my most suspected list, and if I were you, I wouldn't do so myself. Now . . . I think we've run out of suspects right officer?"

"Wrong," a voice from behind the detective and officer stated in a weak and hoarse voice. "You still have a few more suspects to ponder over . . . That's where I come in . . . literally."

* * * * * * * * * *​

"Wally!" Brendan hollered, his voice echoing through the cramped-up hallway. "Wally, Wally, Wally! Come out, come out wherever you are! Brendan has cookies! Brendan has candy! Brendan won't call you Wallace for an entire month!"

"You're such an arse sometimes Brendan." May rolled her eyes as the four continued their way down the long, dark hallway. "We've been walking for hours and we still haven't seen a single doorway yet!"

"We've only been walking for five minutes May," Max pointed out. "Besides, Wally should be around here somewhere; we should keep looking for him."

"And how would you know that Max?" Brendan asked suspiciously.

"Considering this is the only hallway not blocked Brendan and the fact that Wally wasn't in the main entrance, I believe this is the only place where he can be," Max answered calmly as he searched for his flashlight in his backpack. Finding it, he clicked it on, making the hallway look more warm and less creepy.

The three trainers, plus Pok?mon Coordinator, continued their way down the long hallway, not knowing where they would end up, yet still trudging on forward. Passing an old picture frame, a small shout caught their attention.

"Did you guys hear that?" May asked worriedly as she clung on to Brendan's arm.

"Its probably just these old walls squeaking," Drew answered as he punched the wall with a closed fist. Drew's punch caused the old picture frame to fall off, revealing a secret switch on the door. "Hey look, a switch!"

"Well thank you for pointing out the obvious AGAIN Drew." Brendan, like May, rolled his eyes as he took a hold of the switch in one hand. "Should I press it down?"

"What else do we have to lose?" Max answered with a shrug.

"Our lives." May shuddered.

"You're too over dramatic May."

"Say that again when we end up dead!"

"We're not going to wind up dead May," Drew replied, rolling his emerald-green eyes. "Maybe hurt, but not dead."

"Because that makes me feel so much better Drew!"

"I try May, I try."

Brendan and Max looked at each other and shrugged as they pulled the switch. The sounds of plaster cracking and walls shifting caught their attention from behind. What they saw made them gasp . . .

Was that gasp a surprised one or one to worry about is the real question though . . .

::shrugs:: This is the future so if May is 14 -15 here, then that should make Max around the 11 year-old area right? Plus I needed a reason why he wasn't in the Hoenn Region to begin so I figure when he was 10, he traveled Hoenn then when he was 11 he went to Kanto. Alrighty? Alrighty!

"But then why are Brendan and May still traveling the Hoenn region then Breezeh?" you ask? Because they already traveled the other regions and tried their luck at the Hoenn region again. I guess. And why did I name Max's Sceptile Timber? Because I don't have any other names lol.

Breezy would like to apologize if Red and Lance are OOC (which they probably are). You guys told Breezy that they were arrogant but had the skill to do so, so she did exactly that. Breezy doesn't know any better and had to rely on a few people to give her their personalities and such. And the people that helped Breezy with that, she would like to thank you. Now Breezy shall get out of third-person and talk regular once again.

Well more suspects for you guys! HAHA! *points at you and laughs* Nah j/k.

LaTeR dAyZ!

LeaderMarina

Prof. Psycho Smily Thrower
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Feb 20, 2009
    Excellent job once again! You really like to see us suffer, don't you? Right now though, I don't think that Red or Lance did anything, or Steven for that matter. But Max, on the other hand...I'll be watching him from now on.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back