• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fanfiction of the Month (September): Who Shot Brendan Birch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Random Plushie

Yes, it is a sheep
    Years
    *is ressurected* Really? Gawd, you had Plushie going there for a second. O.O

Well, there's not really much more for me to say, so.. *pokes Muddy and runs*

Years
    I've seen better chapters from you, forever. In my opinion, that was the worst chapter you've ever written.
    But it's prolly cause I read too fast. Short chapter!
    *spins around and around in computer chair, going up and while spinning*

Breezy

Eee.
    Years
    I thought it was good. And everyone knows I have low self-esteem. XD Why was it bad though?

Edit: Oh just kidding. I thought I posted my latest latest chapter, not this one. ^^; Yeah this one does suck lol. Ah well. Hidden clues, hidden clues.

Years
    It was May one time right? *knew it*
    Mwahahahaa!!!!11111oneone11two2
    It can't be Green, not Green, noo!
    And yet I can't sic my dog on you because I have done something stupid, yet again!
    So from now on, I worship Breezeh-dono!
    *bowez*
    So nowez I shallz putez Breezeh-dono in my siggy!

Pokemon AD Fan

drawing quietly, me
    Years
    I really don't know how I'll make an ending if I were you... Well, I couldn't bear to see any pokemon characters in the black list, but I got a feeling that the killer may be someone that hasn't come out yet... someone... like Emerald(he has a gun right?), maybe he has a grudge against Wally, cos Wally took his Treecko, then he puts in some fake edvidence like a few strands of so-called-(green)hair...maybe... Ehehe....

Kyoki

Manga Freak
    Years
    Wow, this is a great story. Keep up the good work Breezy. You're a really good writer (I can't write half as good). Anyways, I think that Officer Jacob did it. I think he did it because ge would be the least likely to do it, and because Detective Tony said that the shooter was in the room (I don't think Green did it so it must be the officer).

Breezy

Eee.
    Years
    Nah, I forensic science it in later chapters. =3 Like in chapter 16 or something. I like that chapter haha.

Edit: Oh, I forgot to update. :P

OMG! ITS AN UPDATE! SQUEE!

After the longest hiatus of my writing career, WSBB is back and bett- okay, it's back. Enjoy!

...that's an old author's note. It works here though. :) 'Cept I'm not really on a hiatus. I'm just lazy.

Helpful Hint: Guns are illegal in Hoenn. Do you know how many people have guns?

I swear I've repeated that a million times. I dunno why. People just don't get it. =/ Lol.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Chapter XV:​
    "What bull-"

"Brendan!" May scolded at her boyfriend's dirty mouth.

The white-haired trainer only shrugged and ran his good hand through his hair nervously. "Even if we are here because someone wants to lead us away, who the hell would do that?"

Drew only shrugged, flicking his dark-green hair out of his eyes out of habit. "I was thinking more along the lines of why someone would want to lead us away. There's obviously got to be some explanation . . . but what?" He walked over to the broken table and trailed one finger down its dusty surface. "And why would they want to kidnap Wally of all people anyways?"

"Pardon me for not being special enough to be kidnapped again," Wally said sarcastically, rolling his green eyes. He curled his legs underneath him as a thoughful look dawned upon his face. "Maybe because I was the closest one in the alleyway of this building. Oh, and thanks for waiting up for me Drew, I really appreciate it!"

"Whatever."

May sat down next to Wally and hugged her knees to her chest. "This is getting really freaky," she admitted in a nervous tone. "I don't like it one bit. Everyone's a suspect, anyone could of done it, anyone could be the one to attempt to kill my B Boy . . . Why were we cursed Latias, why?" She bit her lip to hold in her tears.

A solemn silence followed May's speech until Max broke it. "Let's just get out of here alright?" he said as he adjusted the square frames on his nose. "We can think about it outside-"

"No," came the sharp reply from Brendan, "I don't want to leave yet." Brendan peeked his head outside the secret room, his scarlet eyes flashing dangerously in the dimness of his flashlight. "There has to be a reason as to why whoever tied up Wally chose this place. There has got to be a reason why that voice called me from this certain area. There just has to be, I know it!"

May looked at Brendan worriedly. "This is a pretty secluded area of Rustboro. That certain someone, or something, probably picked this place because no one rarely comes back here . . . except for us that is."

The white-haired trainer only shrugged off his girlfriend's comment. "This building though . . . why is it still up if it's in such a run-down state? I'm sure Devon wouldn't want this ugly building behind it right?"

Max decided to answer this time. "Remember? May said that construction was schelduled for next year. They're not going to knock down this building anytime soon."

"And the voice? The voice has to be somewhere in here."

"In all honesty, I doubt it," Wally piped in as he groggily stood back on two feet. "That voice or the person of the voice tied me up quickly and ran out knowing that someone was bound to notice me missing."

"But . . ." Brendan trailed off, head cast down toward the ground, "this building . . . this entire area . . . don't you think there's something unusually . . . eerie or different about it?" He reached out and grabbed the side of the dusty doorframe. "Please, can we explore it for a few minutes?"

May looked at Max who only shrugged back in return. A small frown emerged on her face as she walked over and placed her soft, delicate hand upon her boyfriend's right shoulder. "Brendan . . . We're going to be in so much trouble for being back here and ever since earlier this morning, I don't think we need to be yelled at right now."

The boy trainer only snorted and stepped away from his girlfriend, his fingers still groping the sides of the doorframe. "Yeah right May, like our parents are going to yell at us for after what happened to me."

"Don't use that as an excuse."

"Right . . . Okay May, sure." Sighing in defeat, the boy looked at the rest of the group and nodded his head toward the exit. "You heard the lady, let's go."

The three other boys looked at each other, then to May before finally resting their eyes on Brendan. Curious, the three boys pointed toward the table where the blank look of the Pok?balls stared back at them.

"And what about those?" Wally dared to ask, shuddering a bit as he gazed into the empty, clear-blue eyes of a Pikachu doll. Feet slapping down upon the concrete, he picked up the doll before it collapsed into a pile of dust in his hands. The two blue marbles of the Pikachu's eyes rolled on the floor and ricocheted upward. Wally immediately caught it in the palm of his hand and gazed at the cobalt intensity. "Should we leave them here or what?"

"Well, you can't really pick them up without having them . . . well . . . explode," Max commented as he strolled over to the table and picked up a Treecko. Like the dolls before, this one disintergrated into air particles causing the eleven year-old trainer to cough as he breathed it in. Though, unlike the Pikachu doll, the marble-like eyes broke on impact as it touched the hard concrete flooring.

May only smiled. "Oh, we'll find a way alright."

* * *​

"You tried to murder Brendan Birch?"

"What!" Detective Tony smacked his forehead in annoyance and directed his eyes toward the boy sitting on the couch and cleaning his already polished Pok?balls. "I meant Green you dolt," he whispered in a harsh tone. "Think about it . . . He said that the person who tried to kill Brendan lives in another region. Green lives in another region! He doesn't know Brendan and May either so he could of killed Brendan without any remorse! He also knows a lot for his own good especially for being in another region!"

The police officer only chortled softly as he walked past the detective and toward the dusty redwood table. "In all honesty Tones, that has got to be the most idiotic thing I've heard from you, and I've heard a lot of stupid things come out of your mouth mind you." Officer Jacob pushed the ashtray away from the table to rid himself of the horrid stench of burning ashes. "And now I said that too loud. Now Green is going to ask-"

"What's stupid?" Green interruped as he tore his attention away from his Pok?balls.

"See?"

Sighing, the detective shook his head, pursing his lips grimly. "Nothing, nothing at all," he replied in his infamous cool tone to trick the boy. "Now is that all you have to say to contribute to this case?"

"Sounds like you're taking donations for charity." The boy smiled smugly as he pushed himself up from the cushy couch to stretch his legs. Immediately he pressed the flat of his hand against his forehead. "Got up too fast," he said dizzly as he stumbled toward the door with half-open eyes. "Gotta call Kanto, tell them I'm here . . ."

"And where are you going in this condition?" demanded Detective Tony in a gruff voice. Despite the fact that the two got off on the wrong foot, he still didn't want Green to fall down the stairs and fall on an elderly lady or knock down some helpless three year-old's ice cream cone.

The gym leader leaned against the doorframe, a small smirk tugging at his lips. "It's called a Pok?mon Center. It does wonderful things," he replied, his words dripping with sarcasm like poison. "Not only does it heal Pok?mon, it also can help injured humans as well! Now imagine that! Besides, knowing you and your 'genius,' you'd probably help me . . . help me get more injuries anyways!" Green laughed slightly as he used the wall to balance himself when walking. "Later!"

Officer Jacob gazed dully outside the door as he held Detective Tony back by the collar of his coat. "Calm thyself detective, he's gone. You really need anger management," he remarked cooly, raising an eyebrow at the detective's immature antics.

Detective Tony ignored the officer, his hands outstretched to catch dust particles in attempts to free himself. "Wait 'til I get my hands on that boy! He's going to wish he really was hurt!" After a few more seconds of struggling, the detective gave up and pushed Officer Jacob's hand off his trench coat. "Okay, I'm fine, I'm calm, I'm cool, I'm collected. I do still hold my suspicions on the boy though Jacob. I would rather just call to give us info on the case then fly all the way from Kanto-"

"Ever Grande," the officer interruped.

"Excuse me, Ever Grand-" Detective Tony stopped mid-sentence and thought things over. "Wait, I thought he said he was going to call Kanto to tell Professor Oak or whoever that he was here in Hoenn."

Officer Jacob only shook his head. "Well, he said that he knew Steven left late from the setting up of the Pok?mon Master's Brunch so I figured he'd had to be around in the Ever Grande area. I wouldn't want to fly three days straight just to come tell us information either."

The detective strode the length of the dusty office, his hands clasped behind his back, his back hunched over. A puzzled look sketched over his face as Detective Tony concentrated on the grimy floorboards. "So where did he come from, Kanto or Ever Grande?"

"Why would it matter? Like he said, it still would take a long time to get from Evergrande to Littleroot. Though, he does have a Pidgeot . . ."

"And a Charizard," Detective Tony added quickly. "Quite the fast Pok?mon he has there. Plus, he would of known that Steven would of left late if he left earlier." Straightening up, the detective pulled out a small notebook and pencil from deep within the pockets of his coat and scribbled the info he found into it before placing it away quickly. "Now that that's settle, we've got to figure out why he would try to kill Mr. Birch."

"Along with the other suspects," Officer Jacob said grimly. Frowning, the officer leaned against the wall and gazed out of the window, the warm colors of the sunset reflected in the pools of his eyes. "Let's take a break though, I'm beat and it's almost dark. I've got to get home in a couple of hours. Long drive to Mauville after all."

"I suppose." Detective Tony shrugged his shoulders as an alarming beep echoed through the emptiness of the room. Reaching into his pocket, the detective pulled out a small, silver flip phone and opened it, his eyes illuminated by the light-up screen. In a nervous manner, he bit his lip and pressed a few buttons as he quickly closed his phone and shoved it into his pocket.

The police officer noticed agitated look on his partner's face. "What's up?"

Detective Tony only shook his head to calm the raging butterflies in his stomach and to get Officer Jacob off his case. "Nothing, just the agency calling in to check up on the case. I ignored it though, didn't feel like dealing with all the suspects we found today plus they used that annoying walkie-talked feature on the cell phone which I have yet to figure out. Annoys the hell outta me, I'm telling ya." Letting out a small laugh, Detective Tony walked around his desk and flipped through some papers, his eyebrows screwed up in concentration.

Officer Jacob wondered why the detective was acting in a jumpy manner but decided not to question it. He was a snappy one after all.

"So, how's the family Anthony?" he asked, trying to change the subject.

Detective Tony quietly sighed in relief. "Fine, fine," he remarked in his cool tone once again, covering up his nervous one. "Wife is fine, the boy just finished Pok?mon School a week ago and is taking the test to get his Pok?mon but Daniella . . ." He frowned at the thought of her daughter's past week. "She Hoenn Pok?mon League and placed fifteenth. Well, she's rather disapointed after training so hard for the past three years. She skipped the other two so she could train up but I suppose she thinks that she lost two chances now. Bought her candy, chocolate, and even oodles of Pok?dolls but she still won't come out of her room."

"Give her time Tones. My son James was like that the first time he entered a league and now, three years later, he's fine."

"So you're telling me that in three years she'll be fine." It was a statement more than a question.

"Well . . . no. I meant that three years later he was fine. He forgot all about losing- okay, he still remembers but yeah, I hope you get my point." Officer Jacob rubbed his brow with his arm and glanced at the detective sheephisly. "Heh."

Detective Tony only rolled his eyes. "Right. Well, how was your week? My was like hell for sure with the wife complaining to me that I can't get Daniella out of her room and Tyler snapping at anyone that disturbs his studies."

Officer Jacob thought for a minute. "Well . . . I spent all night last night looking for my gun."

"Wow, how responsible of you."

"Shut up! It's in my holder at all times, and the one time I take it out to re-adjust my belt, it disappears! I placed it on my table for a mere twenty seconds and the next thing I know, I'm crawling on the floor and breathing in dust bunnies to see if it fell on the ground! And then, this morning, it was back on my desk in the same position as I left if as if it hadn't move! Latios, something is seriously wrong with this place."

"Or your brain."

"Your sarcasm is not needed."

"Who said anything about me being sarcastic?" Detective Tony smirked as he pulled out a cigar from the desk drawer and lit it up with a lighter which he pulled out from his pocket. Holding the cigar in the corner of his mouth, the detective neatly stacked the papers together and placed them carefully in the drawer before closing it and locking it with a silver key. This key found its way inside Detective Tony's pockets just like several other items.

"Alright, let's go. We'll call the suspects tomorrow for another meeting I suppose." He nodded toward the officer and beckoned him outside the door.

Officer Jacob snorted at Detective Tony's crack at him as he flicked the light switch off, the bulb crackling with electricity. He pulled the handle of the door behind him and closed it before the detective locked it with yet another key. "Yeah well . . . We've got a lot to discuss tomorrow."

"Well, Wally does really," Detective Tony remarked, rolling his eyes again, "since he seems to be the one running the case now."

"That boy talks too much for his own good."

"Well, if you've got hair as big as he does, then there's no doubt that his mouth is big as well."

"That doesn't make sense."

"Your brain is in the wrong place remember? I figured you say that."

"Right Tones, right. Least I don't watch por-"

"Want me to shove this cigar up your ass?"

"No ."

"Then I suggest you shut up."

* * *​

"Well, what do you think would of happened if we picked them up with gloves May?" asked Brendan as the five teenagers emerged from the backlot and into the streets of Rustboro. "Our hands are still touching them after all so they're bound to go poof."

"Worth a shot," May said sadly as she trod down the street with her head hung low. "I'll never forget the cuteness of those Pok?dolls."

Wally shoved his hands deep within his pockets and pulled out one of the eyes of the Pikachu doll he touched before. "Then take one of the doll's eyes!" he said happily as he picked up May's hand and placed the marble in her palm. "I know it's not the entire doll but . . . yeah."

The girl trainer smiled warmly, her sapphire eyes shining in the streetlights. "Aw, thank you Wally. I'll treasure and cherish it." She gripped the blue marble in her hand and sighed happily.

This caused the white-haired trainer to glare daggers at the green-haired trainer. Wally only shrugged at the angry Brendan produced from his eyes and ceased his laughter in an instant. Latios knows that Brendan wasn't in the mood for their old childish fights.

"Let's just go rent a room at the Pok?mon Center and call it a day," Max brought up, shattering the tension between the two old rivals. "Oh, you too Drew I guess."

"Oh yeah, good old Drew is here isn't he!" Wally remarked in an over exaggerated tone, turning his head to face the other green-haired teenager. "Why Drew, I didn't see you here not that you could see me before I got kidnapped hmm?"

Drew flicked the bangs out of his eyes and snorted. "You need to shut up about that alright? It's not my fault you can't run fast."

"Not my fault that you were scared."

May, this time, broke the tension between Wally and Drew by walking in between them. "Like Max said, let's just go rent a room and get on with our-"

"Sorry for interrupting," Brendan apologized as he cut May off, "but what's that?" The champion used his right arm to point at a newsstand filled with magazines like "The Pok?mon Guide" to tabloids like "The Catechize," an infamous 'magazine' that took information the wrong way for their greedy needs. Unfortunately, Brendan was on the cover of "The Catechize."

Using the almost faded light of the sunset, Max picked up the tabloid and adjusted the glasses on his nose. "Well it says that the new champion of Hoenn has been shot." He rolled his eyes. "I'm surprised they didn't say that you didn't get bombed or something."

"Not that," Brendan pointed to the line below his picture, "but that."

May peeked her head over her brother's shoulder to read the cover. Her eyes widened in shock. "That can't be possible!" she gasped. "He wouldn't, he couldn't! Why would he?"

Wally picked up another copy of "The Catechize" and gasped as well. "Oh no, you're right May! Brendan Birch is still alive! The horror!"

The white-haired trainer snatched Wally's copy of the tabloid out of his hands and smacked him in the head with it. "Look who they're accusing," he snapped as he shoved the magazine back into the emerald trainer's hands.

Wally un-crinkled "The Catechize" and gasped for real this time. Puzzlement sketched all over his face, his eyebrows furrowing up in anger and bewilderment.

"Now why would Red want to shoot you Brendan Birch?"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------​
    Hope you enjoyed! Thanks for sticking with me through my long hiatus lol.
    LaTeR dAyZ!

Last edited:
    Years
    I don't think Red did it. Maybe it's Tony, He keeps pointing fingers at everybody: Wally, Green, May, Norman, e.t.c. Also I think he took Jacobs gun the other day, he sure did seem nervous. I don't think it's Norman cause he didn't show signs of nervousness, or maybe he did ... He did take his gun out on the night of the party, and he certainly had no problem remembering the combination, which, as previously stated means he must have taken it out. As for Steven, if gymleaders are alowwed to have guns then why not the last defense for the elite four? BTW I''m really dissapointed breezy made no mention of pokemon battles since the final match in the Indigo league.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back