• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Father Of Ash Ketchum

Status
Not open for further replies.

~Gary~

PSN: xAzureZePhYr.
    Years
    well hello there guys

who do you think is ash's father

and i forgot to mention one thing that is

do you want the secret of ash's dad reveal in gen 5

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2013
    Pokemon's main media is the video games developed by Game Freak and the other media generally follows that plot. Since Satoshi is not a character in the main media, his father (who hasn't been mentioned since the 2nd episode) won't be a plot point in the games, and he's never been a plot point in the anime.

All we know about Satoshi's father is all we do need to know. He was a Pokemon trainer, just like Satoshi's grandfather. The connection a viewer is supposed to make, since it's the 2nd episode or whatever, is that it's in Satoshi's blood to be a Pokemon trainer. That's it.

We've already had the deadbeat dad storyline done by Takeshi, and done fairly well.

The Girl Once named Tracie

She who tames Celebi
    Years
    There are many rumors about Ash's dad, from Professor Oak to Giovanni.

Personally, I believe that the mystery of Ash's dad is just that, a mystery. Not even Game Freak knows, because, well, he doesn't exist to them. Just like the guidelines of being a pokemon master don't really exist for the moment.

Besides, this is a kids cartoon, not a day-time soap opera

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    How are we supposed to know if even Delia doesn't know? Ooh burn.

Anyway, it doesn't matter.

Edit: It's Prof. Oak by the way. Fanfiction.net confirmed it.

Last edited:

IrishButSober

Screenplay Writer
    Years
    The creator admitted that Ash's Dad may or may not be added later on in the story, but only if it becomes necessary for Ash's maturing process. In other words, if Ash's character needs more developing and they are stumped, Daddy will be coming round the mountain.

Personally, I'd like the idea of it being Giovanni, might be a nice contrast from what they will undoubtabley make which is an older version of Ash with a deeper voice and slightly better Pokémon. Lack of originality FTW.

Jolene

Your huckleberry friend
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    Maybe Volkner is his daddy.

I wish Volkner was my daddy.

Guest123_x1

I don't think we'll ever know who Ash's father truly is.
    Even if his father is officially written into the story canon, it's probably not for us to know anyway.

Nero_

Flygon Flock!~
    Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2010
    Ya, I don't think we will know until the end of pokemon. xD

Sonikku

Super Speedie Sweetie
    Years
    His daddy is Gary *shot by Gary fans* but there are sme crazy rumors about Silver, personaly I think we'll just have to wait for the writers to finaly put it in the anime but I can wait what do you think I've been doing for the past 13 years.
    PS: I think it's Giovonni

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Well, in pokemon Live Delia stated she was in a relationship with giovanni and was in his gang. Thats where the giovanni theory comes from... BUT she stated she left team rocket and giovanni for a better path when she met Ashs father... say byebye to the giovanni theory! Though she could have done somthing special with both giovanni and Ashs father in a close time... maybe she doesnt know LOL

Although, I dont think pokemon live was supposed to be like offical... I think it was just fanbased... they had the rights but they didnt go over it with the creators etc...

ALSO This is just a childrens program (that I adore)... and all this about relationships, etc would be too much for a small aged audience... I even bet the producers, writers etc dont know who ashes father is... Ashs father may not even exsist! XD

Aril

Arcanine Breeder
    Years
    I doubt they know it themselves. It isn't really needed to reveal it either. He could possibly appear in a movie, but i highly doubt that. I never thought about who Ash's dad was when i was little, so I doubt they will ever reveal it ^^.

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2013
    Although, I dont think pokemon live was supposed to be like offical... I think it was just fanbased... they had the rights but they didnt go over it with the creators etc...

Pokemon Live! is "official" as far as being sanctioned by the powers that be. But unlike almost every other part of the franchise, it is exclusive to the United States. There is no Japanese equivalent of it. And while it's basically "The anime, except on stage", it is not part of the anime's continuity.

Somber

Dark Trainer..
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2010
    It mentioned his father a few times in episode 2...then never again so im assuming hes probably dead

Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2012
    How are we supposed to know if even Delia doesn't know? Ooh burn.

Anyway, it doesn't matter.

Edit: It's Prof. Oak by the way. Fanfiction.net confirmed it.
    It cant be It is ash friend from time!! It was shown that oak had a wife and girlfriend int the move In which celebi was first shown!!!

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
    Years
    I would like to know it, but I doubt it's going to be revealed anytime soon. I think I saw him in one of the flashbacks from some episode that I can't remember, but I'm expecting him to be someone who we really have no idea of.

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
    This thread has been dead for over a year thecoolsid. Don't revive threads that have been inactive for over a month.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back