• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fav. japanese artist (drawing)

Status
Not open for further replies.

enyce

banned
    Years
    I saw the thread and I thought it was for design.But it was for music....

But mine is Akira Toryama. I enjoyed Dragon Ball, Dr.Slump, and Sand Land. They were very well drawn also.

His design for the Games such as, Chrono Trigger and Dragon Warrior. I like his art, he is my artistic inspiration. All though I cant draw for crap. XD

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    Renga, Watsuki Nobuhiro and Shotaro Ishimori, they all did some of my all time favorite manga and they've all got the art styles that I like the most. Even if all three are radically different in style.

Crystal Clair

Shinji lover
    Years
    Well he aint really an official artist, more of a fan artist
    His name is Soara and he's the webmaster of my favorite site, Pokesho.
    I also love Pokemon anime art.
    The reasons I love both styles is becuase
    1. They're not too fancy, and very straight forward
    2. Not too detailed (dont wanna spend more time getting the hair or clothes wrinkles than actually animating the stuff)
    3. It has a cartoony accent to it (I wish more animes would have cartoon influences. It's a cool combination)
    4. The colors are very straight forward. They aren't too faded like many animes. You got your basic red (or a light red as Soara does it) and you can go up to white for hilights and down for shades and that's all there is to it.
    (except Pokemon AG's colors have faded now and no longer carry the brilliance they used to. Although as soon as they switched to digital animation, it was soooo bright! But then when AG came, it got dull.)
    fyi, I love bright colors

mistywishmaker

such a thing as f o r e v e r
    Years
    Two names. Rumiko Takahashi and Kazuki Takahashi.

On outer appearance, their art is not very 'special' and 'detailed,' nor is it 'breathtaking,' but the characters are drawn with much depth, and looking at the art gives you a 'manga' feeling like none other. :)

Ari-chan

hypnotizing
    Years
    Watsuki Nobuhiro (Rurouni Kenshin, Busou Renkin, Gun Blaze West)
    Ken Akamatsu (A.I. Love You, Love Hina, Negima)
    Koge Donbo (Kamichama Karin, Pita Ten, Di Gi Character)
    Peach-Pit (DearS, Rozen Maiden, Zombie Loan)
    Kio Shimoku (Genshiken)
    Mine Yoshizaki (Keroro Gunso)
    Toshiro Ono (Pokemon, Crest of the Stars)

enyce

banned
    Years
    mistywishmaker said:
    Two names. Rumiko Takahashi and Kazuki Takahashi.

On outer appearance, their art is not very 'special' and 'detailed,' nor is it 'breathtaking,' but the characters are drawn with much depth, and looking at the art gives you a 'manga' feeling like none other. :)

Kazuki drew yu-gi-oh. I like his work on the yu-gi-oh manga. It looks really awesome. The penalty games were my favorite. when the evil doers lost. They were well drawn and neat. We need more manga artists who are obsessed with violence.

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
    enyce said:
    We need more manga artists who are obsessed with violence.
    Dude, there are tons... OK lets say Q-Hayashida.

She's a woman, but her mangas are always bloody, twisted, guts and gibs flying around on every page, just generic blood and violence, and eating human pie. Yum-yum.

But the great thing is that her manga, Dorohedoro, doesn't just rely on violence, and has a "cute" element to it (despite her artstyle).

Ati

Staff User
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Apr 1, 2009
    enyce said:
    I saw the thread and I thought it was for design.But it was for music....

But mine is Akira Toryama. I enjoyed Dragon Ball, Dr.Slump, and Sand Land. They were very well drawn also.

His design for the Games such as, Chrono Trigger and Dragon Warrior. I like his art, he is my artistic inspiration. All though I cant draw for crap. XD

Nice that someone else than also likes Akira Toryama:)

Mine favs are Kazukí Takahashi and Akira Toryama.

Ritsuka

Csokipuding...=3
    Years
    I like CLAMP too! They have intresting and beautiful works. But really hate that they don't want to end X/1999...Oh well..
    My favourite mangakas are:
    - Kouga Jun (Raburesu and Earthian) and I also like Takahashi Rumiko.

Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2007
    Kogo Dombo {sp?} They have such a unique style of drawing. It's sooo shiny. *o* If you don't know what I mean by shiny, then do not ask, because I do not know either. =|

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    My three favorites aaaaaaare...

Yuu Watase- Fushigi Yuugi, Ayashi no Ceres, Absolute Boyfriend, Alice 13th, ect ect...
    Reiko Yoshida- Tokyo Mew Mew/A La Mode and two other series of which I don't remember the names... ^^;
    CLAMP- Magic Knight: Rayearth, Cardcaptor Sakura, Tsubasa Chronicles, Chobits... ect ect.

- Kouga Jun (Raburesu and Earthian) and I also like Takahashi Rumiko.

THATS where I remember her name from! She did Loveless too?! ....Thats bloody awesome.
    I love Earthian. <3

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Nov 4, 2023
    For me it'd have to be:

- Akira Toriyama. Even the art featured in his lesser known works (Cowa!, Kajika, Neko Majin, etc.) never ceases to amaze me. His character designs are marvelous.
    - Takeshi Obata. His art in Death Note and Hikaru no Go is simply fantastic; always leaves you wondering how someone could put that much detail into drawing manga.

Last edited:

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    Eita Mizuno, Artist of Spiral Suiri no Kizuna. It has it's own air of simplicity and also an air of complexity that just isn't your normal mixture.

Future Studios, Artist of Sacred Saga. The art done by Future Studio's is just so extremely complex that it's great to just sit and study one of their peices, just looking for new details that I might've overlooked the first time. It's also interesting to see an anime depiction of Greek Gods and Goddess's when it comes to Sacred Saga.

Taj, I think you mean Koge Donbo? The artist of Pita Ten?

Kyoki

Manga Freak
    Years
    Eiichiro Oda-His cartoony, rubbery, and comical characters are the best! I love how he draws fight scenes and gigantic or weird-looking objects in One Piece.

Akira Toriyama-I love how he draws cool and comical people. His work in Dragonball Z inspired me to draw just like him, and Dr. Slump showed me many different comical things that I can draw too.

Masashi Kishimoto-He draws huge villages and unique people with incredible detail. The imaginative and dangerous techniques that he draws in Naruto has made me want create cool techniques of my own.

**Kyoshimaru**

"The light within darkness"
    Years
    My Top 3 favorite manga characters are:

Hiroyuki Takei- I loved Shaman King and Butsu Zone they were really cool as well as what they stood for
    Masahi Kishimoto- Naruto had to have been the best manga/anime (japanese version of course,the american one sucks because he keeps on saying BELIEVE IT ALL THE TIME)also because the characters he made were awesome
    Kouta Hirano-**HELLSING IS AWESOME**

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back