• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

fav pokemon season?

Which is your favourite pokemon season?

• Indigo league (season1)

Votes: 14 51.9%
  • Orange league (season2)

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Johto (season3)

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • Johto league champions (season4)

• Master quest (season5)

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Advanced generation (season6)

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Advanced challenge (season7)

• Battle frontier (season8)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Satrijou

Bubble wrap
Years
  • Which is your favourite pkmn season? and why?

My favourite is the 6th season because they look better with?their new outfit and it's more cooler pokemon ^^

Miss Reyna

Happiness~
    Years
  • My favorite season is second. Orange Islands.

I guess I like it because it si different. It didn't have Brock go gaga for every girl he sees but it had Tracy doing his love girl, mostly Joy and Jenny drawings.

Ash seemed challenged in that league and battling was taken to a different level. THey introduce the double battle and the full six-on-six battle. It more game-istic. will Ash and co traveling via Lapras.

Insanity Mawile

OGMWTFBBQTEHSTFU!!!!!!!!1
    Years
  • Indigo season. Yeah, that's right, I'm going old school.

The 1st Season didn't have as many fillers like Johto did-and Team Rocket was a LOT funnier than they are now.

Crystal Clair

Shinji lover
    Years
  • しまった! You should've made the poll multiple choice cuz I only dislike AG. I voted for the JLC b/c I have a feeling they're gonna be at teh bottom and plus I only saw 65% of the entire season. And not because it was "too boring", it was because the Twintowers were pwned and we had regular tv.

Ransit

Master Trainer(poison)
    Years
  • well i have to say jhoto , but indigo has to be 2nd. jhoto because that the season when pokemon started to shine and the movie based in jhoto was also good. But I like kanto's (indigo season) trainers/gym leaders better they where original then omg i remember the ash vs blaine match that was an epic! #1 in my book yah so jhoto becuse the artwork was improved and it was a sort of more scenic region:)

Minako

[O n d i n e]
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 3, 2008
    My favorite season is the Indigo League. Nothing can compare to it for me. Sure, Houen is probably a step up in a few things, but... =P I just loved the way the episodes were back then. But I guess they only 'got boring' 'cause they were just new back then. XD +shrug+

Maks

Advanced Trainer
    Years
  • I enjoyed the first few seasons the most, I don't know why, but I thought they were a lot more interesting

Datriot

Tachikama!!!
    Years
  • My fave was the first 2 seasons, they were way the best! I liked the way that Pokemon had to do special tasks like carve a block of ice into a sled in the orange league!

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Sep 2, 2005
    For me it has to be the first series. Probably because it was new, and I remember it with an almost nostalgic air!

Water Pokemon Master

Water Pokemon Enthusiast
    Years
  • Nothing compares to the first season of Pokemon. Seriously.
    It had a heart back then. It wasn't ever repetitive or obvious.
    Ash was just a starting pokemon trainer, and that was the time where he learned about Pokemon, and so did we, cuz back then, most of us were all 5, 6, 7, or 8 year olds!
    So we can all relate to how Ash was in his very first adventure, unlike now: We've learned and grew up...but Ash hasn't really changed. He's still opening up his pokedex to pokemon he's already seen, or acting all surprised when Team Rocket takes off their obvious disguise.
    Back to what I said before, there was a HEART. The animation now seems blocky and bland. As if they were all painted on Adobe Photoshop. But the old animation style...I dunno, it makes the characters just seem more real, life like.
    Just my 2 cents. Nothing can, will, or is able to compare to the Indigo Saga.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    The first season was definitely the best, especially the fact that they used to poke fun at various things, such as other TV shows and complain that they didn't have enough material to fill the time slot (right in the show). It was way funnier. Plus, the narrator actually joked around a bit then, where as now he's just bland.

Miss Reyna

Happiness~
    Years
  • SBaby said:
    The first season was definitely the best, especially the fact that they used to poke fun at various things, such as other TV shows and complain that they didn't have enough material to fill the time slot (right in the show). It was way funnier. Plus, the narrator actually joked around a bit then, where as now he's just bland.

You right. THe new narrator sucks. His voice is plain and boring. The old one from the older seasons is great and funny. He added to the story. That why I love the old espisodes.

Renagadez

Skillful samurai
    Years
  • Kakashi and Sasuke Lover said:
    My favorite season is the first season of course. ;P The original Pokmeon was awsome. Not as many fillers and not as repetitive. Imo, its been going downhill ever since AG.. ;(

this is what i was going too say :\

Years
  • I'd say Season Two.

One being the finality to a major arc (Indigo), the hopes of Ash succeeding or failing on his way to the Elite Four, it had quite the undulating theme in the episodes before that.

On the Rocket side, they had a big year with the Mewtwo project as a lovely subproject and teaser to the first movie, but the fact Ash didn't face off against Giovanni, still annoys but an actual showdown with Jessie and James (not a skimmish like the majority of their battles have been but an actual showdown), does compensate enough and the fact they switched out a popular main character towards the end (for a stupid reason with the American focus groups) meant a change in the status quo and push themselves to be different than the other 30 minute commericals out there.

Plus the changes of my life at the time helped bind the season to me deeper as one of the few constants in my permutating life at the time. Popularity aside.

That's why it's my favorite.

5th season is my second favorite season, if nothing else, tie up the loose ends and play with the Rockets (Lugia, Raikou, Red Gyarados plus their workings in the Delibird episode) in a nice way. The only complaint was the ending, in rushing Ash to Hoenn and cut the Silver Conference's pacing to shreds.

Oh well.

I hope I didn't gravedug and I apologize if I did accidently.

Years
  • it's so hard to know...like the first seasons had the most story wise but the latest seasons have amazing animation and better characters. I go with Battle Frontier because it's such a new and cool idea.

Years
  • SugarPinkKitty said:
    it's so hard to know...like the first seasons had the most story wise but the latest seasons have amazing animation and better characters. I go with Battle Frontier because it's such a new and cool idea.

I think the latest seasons, they have been trying to compensate and apologize for the turgid Johto arc but as always, they're hit or miss. If nothing else, they're giving an effort here. And seeing Battle Frontier as our chance to see Kanto again after so long should be quite the sight.

Although as I think about it, if I were going to judge the AG seasons so far, I'd go with AG season two. More playing with Aqua/Magma in their canon stomping grounds, more characterization (The Ash/May bickering in "The Bicker the Better" gave me the idea to write a sexism essay for the play Othello), characters, yes (the Phantom) and more plot mixed with filler and not as many edits (4Kids was edit happy in AG season one, particularly early on, and somewhat in AG 02, but enough to not to overkill and be blatantly obvious).

I'll wait until the Grand Fesvital and the Hoenn League as they'll be dubbed before I can say how much they've improved themselves from the last arc and debate if that would be the best season of the three.

Hope I didn't digress that much/that badly. Shifty eyes.

Back