• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Book Genre

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 26, 2023
    What is your favorite book genre? I love Fantasy, Contemporary Fiction, and books about magic. c:

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    Despite what my favorite author is most famous for, I actually like young adult fiction the best. That genre covers so many different topics and ideas that there's always something interesting. Plus the books are easier to read through than adult fiction, so it's more fun and relaxing to read a YA book.

Years
  • Horror and realist literature. The former because i enjoy brooding and being disgusted, and the latter is also sometimes good for brooding, but also often comfortable to read and interesting.

Years
  • Science fiction, fantasy, and many of their sub-genres are where I spend most of my time, although an unrelated fiction book will occasionally make its way in.

I haven't ever been able to get into non-fiction much.

Years
  • I like a good history book, one that delves into technological, societal, etc. developments a group of people go through as opposed to, say, a book on a single famous historical figure - I despise biographies.

I also like detective/mystery stories, though it has to be the right kind. I'd say the same for scifi, which is a genre I rather like, but am extremely picky about. Scifi that's too hard (as in hard scifi) isn't usually my thing because it usually turns too much to wars and guns and empires and boring stuff like that when it could be about exploring and developing new ideas.

I also read a lot of fantasy, but again it's got to be the right kind. I don't normally care for sword-and-sorcery, high-fantasy unless it's something at least a few decades old. Something that's more Harry Potter in scope is more my thing. It's got a good helping of mythology, legend, and fairy tales and that's all good stuff to have. If the story slides a little into horror and/or dark fantasy that's not bad at all.

Back