• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite elite four members.

okjoek

Hoenn champ
    Years
    Just wondering who peoples favorite elite four members are. (not including champions)

My favorite is Lucien.

Lucien has pokemon that cover the normal weaknesses of psychic types.

mr mime- Allows him to set up screens early in the match. The soft clay would be made for this pokemon.

alakazam- His version of a sweeper. A life orb would increase its power alon with some sp. atk/ speed evs.

medicham- It always seems to come in when I've got something to get owned by an elemental punch. I think a pokemon like this could use an expert belt.

girafarig- If I happen to be using shadow ball or another ghost move to sweep his team this usualy comes out to counter. Sadly I only remember it using double hit. I cant remember what else it knows.

Bronzong- A tank. It can use calm mind to amplify its psychic while it has EQ and gyro ball for guys with high sp.def or just plain resistant to psychic.

To sum up fighting his team: I normaly actualy get the feeling he's using all 6 pokemon when infact he only has 5. It could just be me but he is a brilliant psychic trainer. Even better than Will in my oppinion without factoring their level differences.

If you were to give Lucien a 6th pokemon there's a number of options:

Gardevoir. Has a great stat build and movepool. My gardevoir knows psychic, thunderbolt, will-o-wisp and calm mind.

Grumpig. Also a great defense. Can utilize rest with snore and probably sleep talk but I'm not sure. Thick fat can give you the edge against fire and ice. Fire which plagues his bronzong. A rest user would fit right in with his team.

Metagross. Perhaps he could set up a stealthrock and simply tank your way using just attack moves like psychic, EQ, metior mash or even explosion for an epic way to go out.

Slowking, Xatu, Espeon, Jynx and gallade are also some good ones.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    Kanto: Lance. He has 3 Dragonite to beat almost anyone with in HG/SS.

Johto: Lance, for the same reason (I know that he's the champion, so yeah)

Hoenn: Sidney. He looks like a rock star.

Sinnoh: Flint. I liked his personality in the games and the anime.

Unova: Caitlin. It's good to see her back from Pt/HG/SS.

SV

See You Space Cowboy
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2022
    Kanto: Lance, need I explain why?

Johto: Koga

Hoenn: Drake

Sinnoh: Flint, only he can pull off an afro with red hair.

Years
    • Seen Aug 23, 2013
    My favourites are Bruno, Lance, Drake and Karen.

Bruno coz I like fighting types
    Lance and Drake coz of the amount of dragons they have
    Karen is because she's hot lol

big NATE alpha

Patriotic Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Sep 20, 2011
    Lance-Dragons FTW
    Koga-He's a freakin' ninja!
    Drake-Dragons again :3
    Lucian-He looks awesome, and has some sweet Pokemon. Great monotype user; his actually cover weaknesses well.
    Grimsley-aside from my love of all things Dark, his quotes are epic.

okjoek

Hoenn champ
    Years
    My second Favorite would have to be Drake because Hoenn introduced enough dragon pokemon to actualy make an awesome team out of them alone.

Sidney comes in soon behind with his annoying things like double team sword dance, cotton spore, I think taunt or torment and swagger while keeping attack moves comming.

miju-kun

soaring
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2014
    Kanto: Lance
    Johto: Will
    Hoenn: Drake
    Sinnoh: Lucian
    Unova: Caitlin

All of them specialize in dragon or psychic types.

El Diabeetus

Amateur Voice Actor / ROM Editor ('Hacker')
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 10, 2020
    Kanto: The Rival - After he boasts about being SO AWESOME, you beat his smug ass and it feels satisfying. Coupled with the fact of a well-developed personality.

Johto (Kanto - 3 Years Later): Lance - Thanks to battling the Rockets and him previously being in the E4 he's easy to identify with. Also reflects the hero-type trait exhibited in the Player Character.

Hoenn: Steven - He's got a mysterious presence to him even though you meet him a decent amount of times. I didn't like Wallace as a Champion, he was perfectly placed as a Gym Leader in R/S.

Sinnoh: Flint - He actually was given a chance to have character development and is shown to be extremely caring and willing to leave the Elite Four every once in a while to chill will Volkner, etc.

Unova: Marshal - I find him interesting. Super formal, dedicated to training, and besides he's the first legit Black guy in Pokémon. I'm surprised they didn't add other races sooner.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    Lance, he was the first real major blockage of the E4 for me, I had to try 3 more times to beat him, which I never did for any other league :x

Seeds Horizon

Gotta love that feeling~
    Years
    Kanto: Lance..Lol.
    Johto: Karen...Shes just plain...Hawwt <3
    Hoenn: Uh.. Been 5+ years since I last played in the Hoenn region, so no clue. Well...Maybe not 5..But close to it.
    Sinnoh: I never even got the the E4 on these games XD.
    Unova: Caitlin..Shes so cute. And when i first saw her, I thought she had bunny ears XD.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Lance, Will, Lucian, and thenn.. Caitlin and Grimsley tie for gen 5.

Most of those are based on Appearance, but there's also a bit of type-bias going on. XD

Roserade

Proud Member of the PQ.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 12, 2014
    Kanto: Agatha, cool in Anime. Mysterious...

Johto: Karen, cool in Manga. She was really hard for me to beat.

Hoenn: Glacia, the underdog. Cool Walrein, enough said.

Sinnoh: Bertha, I like her strategy, looking for any changes in the battlefield. Anime Reference.

Unova: Shauntal and Caitlin tied. Shauntal, because of her reading/writing. Caitlin because of her connection to the Battle Castle.

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
    Years
    Kanto: Agatha. GHOSTS. <333

Johto: Karen for me. Just loved her.

Hoenn: Steven was really awesome and mysterious.

Sinnoh: Cynthia. My FAVORITE Champion. Not much more to that.

Unova: Shauntal. MOAR GHOSTS.

cazzler

Feraligatr FtW!
    Years
    My favourite E4 member would have to be... Sidney
    His dark type Pokemon are pretty cool.
    If they remake Ruby/Sapphire, he would have more options to choose from, even attacks!

Back