• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Game Consoles

Years
    Well, I saw this posted a while ago, but it is dead, so here is the rebirth of the thread. So, which systems were your favorite? Please also post why, just to prove you are not a fanboy/girl.

(You cannot say PS3, Revolution, or PC. PC because it is not a console, and Revolution and PS3 because they don't even exist yet.)

So, fill out this form:

Favorite Cart-based System: ______________

Favortie CD-ROM Based System*: ______________

Favorite Handheld: _______________

~*This does include Xbox, PS2, DC, etc.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Here are my personal favorites:

Cart-based: Tie between Genesis and TurboGrafx 16
    ~I like the Genesis because of the great, original titles for it, like Vectorman and Gunstar Heroes. I liked the TurboGrafx because of the few good games for it and the attachments.

CD-ROM: Tie between Dreamcast and 3DO
    ~I liked the Dreamcast for the awesome graphics, online play, great games, and the ergonomic, yet huge, controller. I liked the 3DO because it was truly the first system to bring the world into 3D gaming. (No, the Playstation wasn't. Think what you want fanboys/girls.)

Handheld: WonderSwan/Color/Crystal
    ~I liked the WonderSwan series of handhelds for the sole reason of the fighting games and RPG remakes. Plus that funky second D-pad is fun to use. It works really well in Guilty Gear Petit. The WonderSwan series also had its own devlopment kit for sale to the public so you could make your own games. (You would need to know Japanese and C to make games, though.) As an added bonus, the WonderSwan Color was forwards compatible with SwanCrystal games.

T-Master

Omgz TM
    Years
    I'd really like to know why people can't reply to "dead" topics and save space. Just because everyone else forbids it? Doesn't make sense in my book. Maybe just so people can get more posts by typing the exact same thing again? Hey, whatever.

I'm not doing the form thing. My favorite system is the N64, plain and simple. =)

Pretty Boy Sean

Journeyman
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Jun 15, 2007
    Favorite Cart-based System: Super Nintendo

Favortie CD-ROM Based System*: Sega Dreamcast
    Favorite Handheld: Gameboy Advance

falling up+
    Years
    why do a form? I have never gotten more enjoyment out of a system than I have from my Sega Dreamcast, whether its the eye opening euphoria of a next gen consoles abilities as I blasted through levels in Sonic Adventure for the first time, or the 900+ hours I racked up playing Phantasy Star Online chatting with people from other nations in the first console based MMORPG (and still the best) The Dreamcast was truly revolutionary and I feel sorry for anyone who passed it up to wait on the almighty PS2. SEGA imbued me with a feeling that for once the games were made for me. Nothing else in this console generation has touched that.

Jesus Freak Josh

In my mind's eye, I see You...
    Years
    Favorite Cart-based System: SNES. It had a VERY easy release. Just push the release button and you're done. :p

Favortie CD-ROM Based System*: PC! Duh. You can upgrade it whenever, vary the CD spin speed, etc.

Favorite Handheld: Gameboy Color - Nothing can beat that in handheld.

Years
    • Seen Jun 18, 2010
    Hey, Joshy, can't you see that PC is not a console? it is a universal platform. you are mainly limited to a monitor, mouse, keyboard, and the games that can be ran on your system. Anyway My faves are these:

Cart: Super Nintendo
    CD-ROM: Playstation
    Portable: DS

Back