• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite gaming console

Favorite console

• Xbox 360

Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Nintendo Wii

Votes: 10 34.5%
  • PS3

Votes: 9 31.0%

• Total voters

GoodlyMike

The Comedian
    Years
    I would have to say Wii, Graphics aren't a big deal to me, it's all game play. And as far as game variety goes, Wii has the most appealing selection to me.

Honestly though, compared to a generation or two back, these consoles are crap, the N64 is win...
    The Wii is a great console, but Nintendo needs to branch out to a more mature audience. I am sure with the next console they make, hopefully it will be a more mature nintendo. I am not saying that the gameplay is bad, its just different. And honestly, I love my Wii, Super Smash Bros FTW.

jquad_666

AZN
    Years
    • Seen Nov 25, 2009
    the wii is great for parties, but if you want to get serious, there are only a few games that will fit your needs.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    The Wii is a great console, but Nintendo needs to branch out to a more mature audience. I am sure with the next console they make, hopefully it will be a more mature nintendo. I am not saying that the gameplay is bad, its just different. And honestly, I love my Wii, Super Smash Bros FTW.
    I don't think they need to. This has been Nintendo's market for over 20 years and its still making them oodles of cash. You cater to a specific market. Nickelodeon doesn't air CSI. Just...different markets.

The third parties have always been responsible for bringing that content to Nintendo consoles, they're....just....not doing that now. Which makes no sense. Because you'd want your games on the console with the most marketshare. You'd sell more.

I love my Wii. Only game I have that I truly regret is Sonic and the Secret Rings. Unplayable pile of garbage. (Also Sin & Punishment, but that's on the virtual console).

Art Style: ORBIENT, Boom Blox, de Blob, The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, LostWinds, Mario Kart Wii, Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Super Mario Galaxy, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10, Wario Land: Shake It!!, WarioWare: Smooth Moves, Wii Fit, World of Goo, Zack & Wiki: Quest for Barbaros' Treasure, Ōkami

All games I have/beaten/played and enjoyed. I still have to play Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World. Haven't started it yet.

Games I'm interested in picking up? A Boy and His Blob, Boom Blox: Bash Party, Cave Story, Chibi-Robo! - New Play Control!, The Conduit, Donkey Kong: Jungle Beat - New Play Control!, Klonoa: Door to Phantomile, "The Legend of Zelda", Melee! Pokémon Scramble, Metroid: Other M, New Super Mario Bros. Wii, Pikmin 3, Punch-Out!!, Resident Evil Zero: Wii Edition, Super Mario Galaxy 2, Tales of Monkey Island.

That's not a poor library.

The DS however is a mess. I look forward to like...one game a year on that platform. It's sad.

Last edited:

JoltIce

Eeveelutions are FTW
    Years
    I guess the Wii, it's the only one out of them all that I have xD But all of these actually suck big time. The SNES and N64 are uncountably better, and the Dreamcast and Genesis deserves some special mention.

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years
    Wii, thanks to Smash Bros. Brawl, Virtual Console, Internet Channel, and Zelda games. XD

Crystal-Heart

~Black & White~
    Years
    Out of the current systems, I'd have to say Wii, closely followed by PlayStation 3.

However, out of all systems ever, it'd be the Super Nintendo & Sega Genesis tied. Games in the SNES/Genesis era were just awesome and there were tons of quality hits, even if some didn't make the jump. There was Donkey Kong Country 2, Final Fantasy II (IV) & III (VI), Yoshi's Island, Super Mario RPG, Super Mario World, Phantasy Star, Sonic 3 & Knuckles, Street Fighter II, & Tales of Phantasia, just to name a few

Giraffes? Giraffes!

ラヴィ・ヘッド
    Years
    I've had my 360 since release date and haven't bought any other consoles. It's pretty much everything into one. So i choose 360 for this gen.

purpletorchic

Torchic Luva!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2009
    The Wii. Because its pretty cool how you can get like new applications for it and go on the internet sometimes. For more questions about the internet Reply to me

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    The Wii because I'm a Nintendo fanboy...more specifically, I love long-standing Nintendo first- and second-party franchises like Legend of Zelda, Metroid, Fire Emblem, and Pokemon. :P

The Xbox 360 has my second place vote. Better online, a few more exclusives than the PS3, and a bigger community made it my choice for a secondary console.

Cornelius

Video Game Addict
    Years
    I love Nintendo, and I always have, so I voted for Nintendo. They're the gaming company that came up with most of the new and creative concepts for the video games, and I love them and their great games.

Pan!ko

vibratingcat XD
    Years
    If this includes handhelds, DS. But it doesnt seem to b like that so ps3. Cant wait till i get one!
    Great online, nice games coming out soon, sleek graphics.

Pokeyomom

Hoenn no you didn't...
    Years
    Ps3 by far. The graphics are unparalleled, and the games are sweet. I do love Fire Emblem however...:D

talesfan1

Ruler of the Adephagos
    Years
    my favourite at the moment is the xbox 360, cause of good online, and a very wide game selection

Back