• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

favorite gym leader

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
Years
  • Kanto: Misty. First off, she trains Water-types, which I absolutely adore. Second, she's a tomboy and tough girl in the games without being butch, which I find to be admirable. Third, okay, yeah, she was, for a long time, my second favorite anime character. Until she got the soul leech Togepi.

Johto: I've always been fond of Bugsy for the way he was portrayed in the anime as being a bit eccentric but clever. That and the countless assumptions that he was a girl in certain manga and by fans at the time = amusing.

Hoenn: Liza and Tate. Partly for the creepy factor in the games and partly because the anime made me like Tate. (Poor guy, always being cast in the shadow by his sister.)

Wallace is a close second, however, not only because of the Water-types but also because of the fruity artist vibe he emits.

Sinnoh: Literally no preference. Not even Crasher Wake here. Sorry, but none of the Gym Leaders in this generation strike me as interesting... or, well, normal. (Seriously, who was the character developer in this gen, and can I be on whatever he was on?) I might change this opinion if I actually watched the anime instead of just attempting to go off the games, but I really can't be arsed to sit in front of a television for long periods of time anymore. (Computer's a different story, though.)

Aikoh

go go rudolph rangers
    Years
  • Erika (Grass-type) has been my most favorite gym leader since I first got into Pokémon because I liked her personality and backstory from the anime. My other favorites are Bugsy (Bug-type), Norman (Normal-type), and Roark (Rock-type) from the newer games.

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
  • Kanto - Koga / Sabrina / Giovanni- They were in my mind, the three darkest and deepest characters in all of the Pokemon fandom. Koga was a badass ninja and Sabrina was a manipulative, conflicted psychic. Plus I have a thing for cold-hearted women. Giovanni took over the family business from his mother and turned it into the most feared syndicate in the Pokemon World. (I really want to know what his mother was like).

Johto- Karen was actually my favorite authority figure in this game. I liked Morty and Chuck. Morty was obviously the coolest thing since the Ice Age. Chuck was... Chuck. I loved when he threw the boulder and you met his wife.

Hoenn- Winona / Roxanne / Wattson - I used to struggle with her Altaria and Flying-types are my second favorite typing besides Psychic. Roxanne was cool, smart, and used a very unfeminine type of Pokemon (Rock). Wattson was a jolly old man who just loved his town.

Sinnoh- Gardenia / Crasher Wake / Fantina - Gardenia is... Gardenia. I love Grass-type Pokemon. I didn't like Crasher Wake at first, but he's grown on me. I might actually watch the anime to see how they portray him. While I found most of the Sinnoh Gym leaders bland as well, Fantina actually managed to reach my top three favorite leaders (next to Sabrina and Koga). I imagine her with a very Eastern European accent and being a very brash, authoritative personality.

Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2011
    my favorite gym leader is misty & brock
    because thay are funny! when ash took her bike
    she was angry at him & everytime brock saw a girl
    he always gets crushed & get his ear pulled by misty!

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
  • Kanto: Ummmmm....... Misty as she's in a biki.... i mean she has nice pokemon? (Water type)
    Johto: Claire because she's so...... got lovely pokemon, yeah that's it! (Dragon type)
    Hoenn: Tate: That would be me
    Lisa: And me too as
    Tate: We are
    Lisa: Twins and use
    Tate: The psychic type. not my favorite but definitely funny and cool (Double battle gym leaders :))
    Sinnoh: Ummmm, its a tie between Vokner (he looks cool!) and Candice (I like short skirts XD)
    Volkner=Electric
    Candice= Ice

But everyone know's Dawn wins. I wonder if you ever see her fan..... fan boys, thats right! ;)

Pikachu_trainer

I Train pikachu obviously.....
    Years
  • my favorite is misty. cause she likes water pokemon thats also my favorite type,she aone of the main character in pokemon and i like her attitude and when she is always arguing with ash

Tonya

Brilliant Loser
    Years
  • In Kanto, my favorite Gym Leader was tied between Sabrina and Koga. I liked Sabrina mainly in the anime, because she was creepy and awesome, and I liked Koga because, well, he was a ninja, I love Poison-types, he looks cool, an---to be honest, I can't really voice why I like him, I just do.

In Johto...eh. None of the Gym Leaders really did anything for me. Pryce, I suppose, mainly because he's so much older than the usual Gym Leader, Ice-types are...okay...eh...

In Hoenn...I never played those games for very long. Can't answer this.

In Sinnoh, no question, Fantina! I like practically everything about her - her looks, that she speaks in broken English, the Pokémon she uses...

Motsuko Live

... pronounced Mös.
    Years
  • Kanto - Koga / Sabrina / Giovanni- They were in my mind, the three darkest and deepest characters in all of the Pokemon fandom....(continued)

I liked Giovanni, but I never quite understood that situation, if you will;
    Giovanni is a gym leader, which means he must have had some connection to the police. He's also the leader of Team Rocket. O.o What? So the gym trainers, the towns people, not even the police noticed that Giovanni was up to no good? It just doesn't make any sense, but I guess it would be pretty lame if you got to the eigth gym just to see Giovanni being taken away in handcuffs =]

Anyway, disregarding this fact, I'd have to say Giovanni was also my favourite gym leader. There's just something about him...a charm, maybe? Perhaps that's how he remained undercover all these years :/

Tater Tot

I used to be popular here~
    Years
    • Age 16
    • Seen Jan 15, 2017
    I've always liked Sabrina; she doesn't make foolish acts like all the other Gym leaders. XD

RenzokukenofCerberus

The Heart Break Kid
    Years
    • NJ
    • Seen May 3, 2009
    Kanto: Blaine just because he was awesome with the quizzes
    Johto: Morty because he was easily one of the most difficult Gym Leaders any of the games had to offer.
    Hoenn: well ya I totally forgot these Gym Leaders... meh, the duo had a good type but crappy Pokemon... so none of them.
    Sinnoh: another really weak batch of Gym Leaders... but I'll give the edge to Byron.

vv; Ya oops, well that goes to prove how forgetable I found Hoenn's Gym Leaders.

Last edited:

Ichikool

D/P Lover
    Years
    • Age 32
    • NY
    • Seen Feb 26, 2018
    ^Morty is the Ghost Gym Leader in Johto. o.o;

Kanto - Misty, hands down. =)
    Johto - Bugsy, I think. Never gave them much thought.
    Hoenn - Tate&Liza. I loved Tate... plus psycic Pokemon rule! >.<
    Sinnoh - Roark! <33 xD

Berlitz

The Bewildered Summoner
    Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2013
    Kanto - Misty is nice, I like her and all,but Erika has won the favourite place. She's just nice.
    Johto - Never gave them much tought aside from Karen and Will,but I'd say Jasmine or Morty. Falker and Bugsy are nice too(specially together), Whitney and Clair...I like them all except for Chuck and Pryce. :/

Hoenn - Roxanne is smart and ellegant,I like her scholar type and her hairdo slighty arrogant behavior with Sapphire specially. Winona(she's gracefull and her puzzle is annoying,I just love that hair and that Character Design in the manga,what curves.) and Wallace (BEAUTIFUL! as he says himself. I don't like his too feminine parts sometimes,but I can bear with him.)

Sinnoh - All of them got me in some way,but if you want specific,for the more nice Roark and Volkner are,(especially together), Gardenia (she is just love!) and Fantina (Oh,Madam Fantina...she's my idol diva.) have my heart at their complete mercy. <3

Yours in-need-to-do-math-and-history-homeworks-for-tomorrow,

Miss Berlitz.<3

Back