• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Favorite Johto City and Why?

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Goldenrod and Olivine :3
    They both remind me of Cardiff and Barry xD

Veronika

work your blonde.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 12, 2011
    Ecruteak City. It's so beautiful. Especially the autumn-coloured trees.
    Plus, it has Morty and Ho-oh, who are both amazing.

Years
    • Seen Jan 19, 2015
    I like mahogany town since they're selling the famous ragecandybars. Too bad they turned it into a key item. :|

Pechachu

Indifference, I choose you!
    Years
    Goldenrod for me too. If I had to live in any Pokémon city, it'd be Goldenrod. You've got your department store, your game zone, the day care is just out of town and there's a nice relaxing park with bag catching and the pokéathalon for taking the edge off battling for a while.

..But, I'd probably just lurk in the underground path all day. c:

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    Ecruteak and Cianwood mainly because 1) I love Marty and the general atmosphere of Ecruteak, and 2) Cianwood is near the safari zone, great area for training, and it just amazing.

Lati-Fan95

I completed my HG Pokedex!^^
    Years
    My favorite town is definetively Ecruteak!^^ It has a very cool theme, the Kimono Girls (but I liked them in G/S/C better), the only gym with invisible ground, two awesome towers, 4 legendaries living in it and these autumm trees that just look wonderful!^^

Years
    From what I've seen in the new art, I like Violet the most. In general, Ecruteak just cause it's got that traditional feel to it

Necrolium

Flygon Trainer
    Years
    I love Ecruteak's music which is soothing, but the most I like Goldenrod because it is a live city and has a lot of buildings which is like where I'm from.

Angelique

Le Magnifique
    Years
    • Seen Sep 13, 2014
    Goldenrod City.

Magnet Train <3
    Daycare
    GTS
    Dept Store
    Bug Catching Contest / PokeDome

Project.

Tarot reading;
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Nov 5, 2010
    Olivine reminds me of how far I got when I originally played Silver. So when I got there in Soulsilver is so reminded me of it before...

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Cianwood City and Ecruteak City both come up level...

Cianwood
    - Nice, relaxing theme, which never seems to get going...which I like.
    - You can capture wild Shuckle there.
    - Near to Routes 47/8, which have brilliant themes, also providing access to Safari Zone and EmbeddedTower.
    - Close to the Whirl Islands, where I can get Horsea and Mantine!
    - It's sandy, which makes it unique.
    - Chuck has a Poliwrath, which makes him epic win.

Ecruteak City
    - Again, nice theme.
    - The design of the buildings is nice.
    - Burned Tower! I like the music, and have fond memories of entering with a lv.16 Togepi, and leaving with a lv.35 Togetic whilst looking for a Magmar.
    - Bell Tower! Good music, and it just has a slightly more "epic" feel to it when you ascend the tower to capture Ho-oh...I just wish more people in Ecruteak acknowledged it.
    - Bellchime Trail! It's incredibly pretty, and the first PokeGear registry for a gym leader was made there.
    - Thanks to trees (I like to headbutt the orange ones) and water, there is large pokemon diversity in the city itself.
    - It's close to Route 38/9, and Mount Mortar, both of which I like.

Overall...I'm saying Cianwood City, just to be different ;)

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2010
    For me, every single city in Johto os absolutely amazing. I honestly couldn't choose between any of them, they are all just simply brilliant as they are filled with so many childhood memories.

dozo

party hardy
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2014
    I love Ecruteak.
    The burned Tower situation is pretty awesome and I love the autumn leaves, etc. next to it.
    And the ghost type gym
    ^.^ Morty is my favorite gym leader!

Years
    • Seen Dec 15, 2014
    Goldenrod City Because it has every thing Market, Global Trade Center, ...

Back