• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite kanto gym leader

Tamaska

[Oblivious]
Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Dec 27, 2013
    Blaine. Hes got more Age and Experience then the others IMO, Also I love fire types. XP

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    Sabrina is definitely my favorite. Her design has always been great, and her attitude is a wonderful mix of mysterious cold and kind-hearted warm. And she was definitely great in the anime--turning people into dolls is serious business.

silverexorcist

Individualism in Normalcy!
    Years
  • I have to go with Janine. I'm fond of all the kanto gym leaders, honestly, but Janine's relationship with her father and her epic shinobi style design is so great ^^ But if we only counted generation I and its remakes, I'd go with Giovanni because I have mounds of respect for him. He's the reason why I was able to enjoy Beedrills as cool pokemon, no thanks to the anime.

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
    Years
  • My favorite Kanto Gym leader would have to be; Erika. I don't really care for the other ones. I like the Johto Gym leaders the most.

Years
  • The Viridian City Gym Leaders - Giovanni and Blue. I always loved the challenge of facing the final Gym Leader of the region, and having the leader also be either the leader of an evil organization or a former Champion made the battle that much more exciting.

Ravenfreak

Raven rocks! :D
    Years
  • Misty is definitely my favorite gym leader from Kanto, because she's so cute. :3 Plus I love Staryu and Starmie as well. ;) My second favorite would have to be Sabrina, since Psychic type used to be my favorite when I was younger, and I love Alakazam. Plus Sabrina is also very cute. xD

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2020
    GREEN!! He's a boss~ ^w^ Plus he's cute!! If you want to stick to anime though, i'll say.... Koga? When he wasn't a rocket~ >w<

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • Kanto has the highest proportion of really good Gym Leaders out of any region, to be honest. Even the first couple are particularly memorable characters (granted, that may partly due to nostalgia and their presence in the anime... but they're still memorable nonetheless.) I mean, come on. Who really remembers Falkner or that other one that was first in RSE? (Can't even remember his/her name...)

But if I had to choose one, it'd be Sabrina. I can still remember her Gym challenge in both the games and the anime, back when I still watched it. She was crazy-powerful, had a personality, and her Gym was a beast to get through. All of these are definitive plus points in my book, so she gets my vote.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • Giovanni, only because he wasn't just the standard gym leader character, he was actually the leader of the evil team. It made me think of so many questions! Like, how did he become gym leader, did he do it as Head of Team Rocket, how did he not lose his position, or was it a secret from everyone?

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
  • The girls: Janine, Sabrina, Misty and Erika. Each has a personality trait I adore. Janine is so likeable because she's so unsure of herself because of her dad's legacy. Sabrina on the other hand is so confident and tough that people of all genders and strength fear her gym. Misty is simply perfect in every way in every media so it's tough to not love her. But if I had to pick one it would definitely be Erika. She's classy, tough and trains some of my favorite grass-types. Plus her badge is my favorite of the Gen I gyms.

Haseyo

쏘쿨
    Years
  • Lt Surge since he was the coolest guy, as all Electric type leaders are. Laid back and just want to have a fun battle.

Back