• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Larvae Pokemon?? ^0^

Favorite Larvae Pokemon?

• Caterpie

Votes: 16 42.1%
  • Wurmple

Votes: 10 26.3%
  • Dunsparce

Votes: 6 15.8%
  • Weedle

Votes: 6 15.8%

• Total voters

Light_Azumarill

Danny Phantom!
    Years
    *is bored* I always make polls when I'm bored. XD

Anyway, like the title says; which is your favorite caterpillar-like pokemon! They're all cute in their own ways, because after all, who wouldn't think that larvae are cute?! ^_______^

Mine would have to be Caterpie. Caterpie's cute little noises and its adorable big eyes just win my heart over. That scene in the anime when it pokes its head up toward the "camera" = too cute!!

So, what's yours? (I included Dunsparce because it's larvae-ish. If I forgot a pokemon in the poll, please forgive me! ^^)

Charon

unscrupulous~
    Years
    A close call between Dunsparce and Weedle. Dunsparce, cos it's so darned dozy, and weedle because of it's button nose!
    I like dozy animals. Probably why Slowpokes were my favourite water types for nearly a year.
    And I just like Weedle's nose *squeezes it*

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
    Years
    ~*^*~~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~~*^*~

While I don't consider Dunsparce to be a larva, I certainly see how it can be taken that way. It fun to use in battle too, because it's so annoying. Serene Grace + Thunder Wave + Headbutt = flinchhax galore! xD

Also, Dunsparce deserves an evolution.

~*^*~~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~~*^*~

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    *Pokes Light_Azumarill* Dunsparce is not a larva, it's a land snake =P *Ish a Dunsparce expert >D*
    As most people here know, Dunsparce (among Feebas and Cradily ^o^) is my favourite Pokémon, so why wouldn't it be my favourite larva? (though I still think it isn't one <.<)

My favourite one of the real caterpillar-like Pokémon is a tie between Caterpie and Weedle. They are both so incredibly kawaii <3 I choose Weedle, though, just because of that cute nose ^o^

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
    Like, Melissa. I'm dissapointed in you...not seeing the difference between a larva and a land snake (*Cough* Dunsparce *Cough*), and making the unscrupulous spelling mistake of writting the plural form 'larvae' instead of 'larva' in the poll name. And...you forgot Larvitar from the list! xO It might not be the most conventional one around, but I'm quite positive that it's a kind of larva that feeds on rock and earth, not only because of its name but also because it forms a cocoon shape (Pupitar) when it evolves. *Tuts dissaprovingly* Very sloppy...

At any rate, I'd have voted Dunsparce...but since I refuse to call it a larva I shall say my favourite larva pokémon instead; Weedle! *Huggles Weedle* It's so cute with its little round eyes and big, red, button nose. ^-^ Caterpie is cute too...but I actually prefer Weedle. Besides, it's poisonous...which only adds to its charm. ^^

What? This is the opinion of someone who considers Cradily and Victreebel to be among the cutest pokémon in existence. What did you expect? xD

Light_Azumarill

Danny Phantom!
    Years
    Kweh...? o.o *pokes Smarties back* Well, despite its land snake-ness... it still looks like a larva to me. XD I mean... um... what kind of land snake has mouthparts like that? XD Or little wing thingies?? Sorry folks, but you haven't convinced me. ^^;

Uh... hello to you too Alter! XD I guess I should have mentioned that I was going off of appearance.... Larvitar never looked like a larva to me so... it was left off. Though I suppose it would fit considering your reasons... oh whatever. Sorry... I always feel really bad about disappointing people... especially friends. ;__;

Oh... and about the 'larvae' thing... I thought I was talking about more than one... o.o There're more than one pokemon to choose from so I thought... Oh well.... *feels stupid*

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Apr 29, 2007
    Weedle...because of...well, along with the aforementioned adorable red nose and poison, it's just...I dunno...it just seems to stand out from the others. Caterpie would be a close second.

Poor Wurmple....no votes yet.

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
    Aww...don't worry, Lightie-chan, no-one hates you. *Pat* ^^ I'm just a prick about species accuracy and all that Grimer. Sowwee if it sounded like I was completely appauled by the whole topic or something.

Concerning the argument about sparcey...actually, there's a species of snake in Japan which looks hauntingly much like Dunsparce, as for the wings bit...I think that's from japanese mythology. Not completely sure about that last bit, though. o.o

And Larvitar not looking like a larva? Dunno' if I can agree with you on that...granted, it's got em' stubby little legs and the horn, but beyond that the body is actually pretty larvaish. Anyways, I belive that the evidence is strongly on my side since it's even listed as a 'Larva pokémon' in the pokédex.

Concerning the title...well, the 'larva/larvae' term would in this case be referring to the species of each individual pokémon, and no single one of these is a 'larvae' pokémon, although when referring to them as a group 'larvae pokémon' would be correct (Except for Dunsparce, as it's still a land snake =P). So if it would have been phrased in the manner of "Which is your favourite of the larvae pokémon" it would have been correct, but in this instance it is not. *Sticklerish*

Rioku_Zanketa

...::Ultimate Warrior::...
    Years
    caterpie...when it evolves in to butterfree,...if you were to put a scarf on it like Ash (technically Brock,...but...) did, it looks cool!

.........and plus it just the cutest........

Himawarii

LOOOONGITUDE
    Years
    My favorite is Caterpie ^.^ I remember first seeing it in "Ash Captures A Pokemon!" It was so adorable X33 I don't see why Misty had to dislike it xDD Oh well~

So ya,Caterpie it is ^.^~

Light_Azumarill

Danny Phantom!
    Years
    Alter Ego said:
    Aww...don't worry, Lightie-chan, no-one hates you. *Pat* ^^ I'm just a prick about species accuracy and all that Grimer. Sowwee if it sounded like I was completely appauled by the whole topic or something.

Concerning the argument about sparcey...actually, there's a species of snake in Japan which looks hauntingly much like Dunsparce, as for the wings bit...I think that's from japanese mythology. Not completely sure about that last bit, though. o.o

And Larvitar not looking like a larva? Dunno' if I can agree with you on that...granted, it's got em' stubby little legs and the horn, but beyond that the body is actually pretty larvaish. Anyways, I belive that the evidence is strongly on my side since it's even listed as a 'Larva pokémon' in the pokédex.

Concerning the title...well, the 'larva/larvae' term would in this case be referring to the species of each individual pokémon, and no single one of these is a 'larvae' pokémon, although when referring to them as a group 'larvae pokémon' would be correct (Except for Dunsparce, as it's still a land snake =P). So if it would have been phrased in the manner of "Which is your favourite of the larvae pokémon" it would have been correct, but in this instance it is not. *Sticklerish*

Oh good. I thought your opinion of me had like gone down or something. Which, might I add, would be a very silly thing to do over some dumb poll.

Ah... well, then I must concede the Dunsparce thing. Though... I still don't think Larvitar looks like a larva. Even without the arms. o.o Dude, many animals would look like a larva if you took off everything but the torso and head. >.> I agree, it is classified as the "Larva Pokemon", but as stated, I was going off of looks. Which, I'm afraid, is something based solely on opinion and therefore something you cannot disprove considering you're not me. ^^;

Eh, come on Alter, throw me a bone! XD Ya' darned stickler!

No seriously, it's just a stupid poll... I don't even know why I'm continuing to defend my decision. Stupid pride... getting in my way again... making me sound foolish. ^-^;;

Last edited:

Natsuki

.bluefang.
    Years
    I love Caterpie. <33 Even though I am terrified of bugs, buglike Pokemon don't really creep me out. XD Anyway, those cute little noises it makes and those adorable big, round eyes are sooo cute. 8D Plus it evolves into Butterfree and that's such a fun Pokemon to train. ^o^

~Kelsey

Lily

◕ ‿‿ ◕ double rainbow.
    Years
    Caterpie...it strikes me as innocently odd, with its large, curious eyes prying into its future forms, inquisitive and brimful of wonder. I was never an avid fan of bug types, but Caterpie can be a small exception.

Years
    Wurmple, oddly. I think it's because it can evolve into two different Pokemon, unlike the others. That, and it looks cool too. XD;

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Dunsparce!!

I dunno why, but I've always thought that thing was so freaking kawaii!! x3
    Some people think its ugly... ^^; but ah well.
    I like Wurmple too though. And I use to like Weedles alot. XD

Back