• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Legendary from Each Generation?

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    1st Gen- Zapdos
    2nd Gen- Ho-oh(i think lugia is very overrated)
    3rd Gen- Groudon
    4th gen- Arceus,Palkia or darkrai

And there you have it. I never liked legendary pokemon that much, but this is a handful of the ones i do like.

Kuro

Cloaked by the Masses
    Years
  • R/B/Y - Articuno
    There's just something so majestic about it to me, and I like how it's out of the way completely in its habitat. I thoroughly enjoy travelling to the Seafoam Islands to capture it. Its design too, reeks of awesome.

G/S/C - Lugia
    You're lying if you say anything otherwise. I'm sorry, but Lugia is perhaps the peak of Legendary Pokémon. Great typing, a great location and backstory, one of the coolest designs ever to be seen within the Pokémon world. Atop this, have you seen its stats and movepool? Calm Mind. Aeroblast. Aeroblast. Have you any idea how freakin' awesome Aeroblast is? That alone is enough to earn Lugia the top spot.

R/S/E - Kyogre
    For me, R/S/E was a dry spell as far as Legendary Pokémon are concerned. I didn't really like the idea behind any of the three major Pokémon, but Kyogre's one saving grace is that it does have a cool design.

Diamond/Pearl/Platinum - Dialga
    The bottom of the barrel when it comes to Legendary Pokémon. They seem to have tried to compensate for quality with quantity, which just didn't work at all. The Lake Trio were appaling, and Palkia looks like he belongs behind a codpiece. Heatran is the original ugly (and pointless) git. Dialga isn't much better, but is saved by his design. There's nothing wrong with Giratina, I just don't particularly like it.

4th Gen Matt

Pokemon Onyx Creator
    Years
  • Can everybody please explain why they like the Pokemon they do? It was my original intention to do so but I kind of forgot about it. Anyway, heres mine.

Mew - I have always liked it since the first movie. Not to mention it is a beast in competitive play.

Ho-oh - Because it looks majestic and is the exact opposite of Lugia; which sucks.

Registeel - I didn't like any of the legendarys from the 3rd gen, but I use Registeel on my competitive team, so I went with him.

Darkrai - Just uber pwnsome. No legendary is better.

Saltare.

Brain bangin'
    Years
  • 1st Gen- Articuno
    2nd Gen- Suicune/Raikou/Ho-Oh
    3rd Gen- Rayquaza/Kyogre/Jirachi!
    4th Gen- oooh this is hard.......Darkrai! Mesprit! Dialga!

Opposite Day

too old for name changes
    Years
  • 1rst gen - Articuno
    2nd gen - Lugia
    3rd gen - Registeel
    4th gen - Uxie
    (Go team legendary tank :))

You want reasons for legendary pokes?
    Okey, here we go.. *clears throat*

Articuno!

The freeze pokemon.
    It is peaceful, glitters like a thousand stars in flight, its wings look like they are made of ice.. When it flies, it freezes the air so that water turns into snow.
    IMO, the best legendary that have ever been made, by looks.

Lugia.
    The mysterious guardian of the water.
    With Lugia, the difference lies in its background, rather than by looks.
    (If I were to rate by looks on Lugia, then I would only play silver, because it is the only Lugia sprite I have ever liked.)
    But it cares for other people. They hide themselves from other people so that their great power does not destroy the human civilisation. It calms storms, it seeks to quell the fighting between other people. Yep, Lugia is pure awesome.

Registeel.
    Registeel is made by humans, as far as we know.
    I like it because it looks way better than any other golem, and it is a very useful tank.
    Don't mess with the toughest Regi of them all.

Uxie.
    Uxie is a being of knowledge. It can also erase the memories of people and pokemon at will.
    The reason why I like it the best is because of Pkmn Mystery Dungeon 2, and the lake it guards. It is weeeeeeh cutecutecutecute. :D

emoBill™

† мазохист †
    Years
  • All right, time to break it down :p

*1st Gen*

Articuno
    I think this was covered already XP

Mew
    Mew's just a cute kittie. Luv to death.

*2nd Gen*

Suicune
    Pretty. Make lake good. There's always some kind of wind following it because its ribbons are always blowing. And it's blue. I love blue. And purple. Meh, favorite color.

Raikou
    Look at siggy. And I love electric-types. The legendary dogs were, IMO, the best trio.

Lugia
    Does this one need explaining? If so, I completely agree with post up there^^ Lugia is just that amazing. I cannot describe how amazin' he is.

*3rd Gen*

Latios
    I don't much think this one needs explaining either, seeing as how it's my username. But he's like Jesus...he gave his life to protect the town, and he didn't think twice about it. In the end he died but he still guards the town. Plus, he's nice, caring, gentle even though you can't tell for a while, and he's just an overall amazing Pokemon.

Latias
    You can't much have one without the other. Latias is cute, make me want to hug her ^_^; Her back sprite is better than Ratiosu's, also XP

*4th Gen*

Dialga
    Gotta luv him. *huggles* I hate Palkia, mostly cuzza looks but also cuzza I like time machines XD

Azelf
    What? I like blue. -x-

Darkrai
    Hell yeah. Darkrai is awesome-ness.

Cressalia
    It's weird. I like. Also cuzza it took me like 15 freakin' hours to catch it, so it better be mentioned somewhere ><

That's it. The rest can fall over and die, in my opinion.

*cowers*

Don't kill me plz.

*wrote in regular color so that you don't have to be blinded by RED*

UberChomp

Tyrant Of The Sand
    Years
  • That is a whole bunch of undecideds there.

I just can't get into Lugia for some reason. One fourth of me thinks he looks pretty cool but the other 75% of me just looks at him and sees something bulky, rushed, and distorted. I really can't explain it.

Yeah, I just can't choose between some of them, alot of the legendaries are complete uberuhsumness.

Years
  • 1st - Mew

Articuno is a close second.

2nd - Lugia

The second movie was my favorite ever, and it's legend is awesome. :3

3rd - ... Kyogre, I guess.

...Yay water pokemon? XD

4th - Cresselia.

Cresselia > Darkrai. *shot*

Lana.

*spin*
    Years
  • 1st: Gah. I don't really like any of them, to be honest. If I had to pick, it'd Mew
    2nd: Suicune
    3rd: Latias <3
    4th: Uxie, probably. Or Shaymin in Sky Forme.

Absol Perfect Distaster

Lethal Razor Wind!
    Years
  • 1st Gen- Mew
    Theres only 2 legends in the 1st gen.

2nd Gen- Lugia or Latias
    Lugia because it's extremely powerful or Latias because it is without a doubt the fastest flying pokemon and I like it's personality.

3rd Gen- Groudon
    I don't like water types a whole lot and I don't like the regis. Sorry

4th Gen- Palkia or Shaymin
    Palkia is better that Dialga or Shaymin because is cute.

Back