• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Part of Your Least Favorite Pokemon Game?

Years
    • Seen Feb 12, 2023
    I strongly agree with this. However, I mentioned in a previous thread I created, I believe Game Freak should just focus on making new games with new storylines and updated graphics that take place in past regions.

Do you mind linking that thread? I'm a bit fuzzy on what constitutes as a new story for a past reigon cause generally the remakes just touch up on the older game's plot with maybe one or two major new characters and/or story beats at most. A remake that significantly shakes up the plotline of a pre-established reigon does sound kinda cool though.

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
    Years
  • Do you mind linking that thread? I'm a bit fuzzy on what constitutes as a new story for a past reigon cause generally the remakes just touch up on the older game's plot with maybe one or two major new characters and/or story beats at most. A remake that significantly shakes up the plotline of a pre-established reigon does sound kinda cool though.

https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=489267

Here is the thread! 😊

Years
    • Seen Feb 12, 2023

Finally read your post, I was a bit busy. :)

I gotta say, I think your idea is really cool. Game Freak has seemly warmed up to making more mainline-style spinoffs such as Legends Arceus or LGPE, which aren't too far off from what you're suggesting, regardless of what you think of them. I know it's not exactly what you want, but at least their showing interest in doing projects with older reigons, so it's a start.

Putting my own two cents in, I think story tweaks would be my preferred route instead of full-on revamps of the story. One of my favorite parts of the remakes is that they make everything feel so much more connected. It's my favorite part of Let's Go, with some of my favorites including Archer reappearance and some of Blaine/Koga's dialouge tying into the events of Gold/Silver. If I did make more serious changes I would do it akin to how DP had some of its midgame reworked in Platinum, keeping the same skeleton but rearranging and polishing the story progression.

I'm actually considering revisiting LGPE soon now that i've just beaten Yellow, so I might have a fresh perspective soon.

Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2023
    Sinnoh's soundtrack is generally pretty good and quite a few new evolutions have some Johto mons needed buffs.

Years
  • The challenging and competitively EV trained Elite 4 and Champion teams in BDSP, too bad the affection system is around and broken so it ruins the challenge that these battles should pose.

AmberLB

Amber L. B. / Kevin Cadence
    Years
  • My least favorite gen is gen 1. The glitches are my favorite part of gen 1, because no other generation is as broken.

Years
  • I liked that gen 7 introduced regional variants as a feature of the pokemon universe. I am really glad that they stayed in the games that came after, and even more variations were added. The particular forms for Alola were mostly cool like Alolan Raichu, Ninetales, Sandslash, and my personal favorite Alolan Marowak. In general the pokemon of the region were not a bad a lot. They introduced Mimikyu, nuff said! Some others i liked would be Tsareena, Mudsdale, Oranguru, Drampa, Salazzle, Primarina, Wishiwashi, Toucanon and Shinotic. My beef with this region is not with the creatures who inhabit it.

These were also the last games with a national dex, so i am grateful that pokemon of past generations were welcome in Alola. They were the first games you could import gen 1 and 2 pokemon into from the virtual console too. I remember bringing over my yellow and crystal teams with their hidden abilities, and teaching them new moves. Another thing i always looked forward to were the event distributions for SM/USUM, they were really generous with their year of legendary event. I still have the shiny Zygarde from that distribution and some other gems.

Years
    • Age 20
    • He/they
    • Ohio
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    For RSE: The box legendaries and the starters are among the best in the series. I just wish they had better games to shine in.

For SM and USUM: Poké Pelago is a feature I want them to bring back really badly. It saved me a ton of headaches hatching eggs.

For LGPE: I loved actually being able to ride my own Pokémon.

Years
  • for swsh
    • pokemon camp is cute, seeing my entire team play with each other is something i wanted as a kid
    • the PC box link is such a lifesaver
    • i like how the title screen will show what team you used after becoming the champion
    • and although it's not perfect, the wild area is a cool step towards open-world gameplay

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Probably my only favorite things about Gen V (that's right, I said it) would have to be the Nimbasa City and B/W 1 Team Plasma battle themes, as well as the introduction of Tepig, one of my favorite starters if only based on design. That's not to say the games are bad-far from it-but when it comes to features that I love about them, there isn't nearly as much that comes to mind as there are with other gens.

Days
    • Seen May 24, 2023
    Experience the joy of playing with a companion. Discovering their base by chance and the ability to personalize it were both appealing concepts.

Back