• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite player character in Pokemon games?

Favorite playable Trainers? (multiple choice poll)

• "Red"/Male Trainer (R/B/Y/LG/FR)

Votes: 20 45.5%
  • "Leaf"/Female trainer (FR/LG)

Votes: 8 18.2%
  • "Gold"/"Ethan"/Male trainer (G/S/C/SS/HG)

Votes: 16 36.4%
  • "Kris"/Female trainer (C)

• "Lyra"/Female trainer (SS/HG)

Votes: 4 9.1%
  • "Brendan"/Male trainer (Ru/Sa/E)

Votes: 10 22.7%
  • "May"/Female trianer (Ru/Sa/E)

• "Lucas"/Male trainer (D/Pe/Pl)

Votes: 2 4.5%
  • "Dawn"/Female trainer (D/Pe/Pl)

Votes: 11 25.0%
  • "Hilbert"/Male trainer (Bl/Wh)

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • "Hilda"/Female trainer (Bl/Wh)

Votes: 9 20.5%
  • "Nate"/Male trainer (Bl2/Wh2)

Votes: 3 6.8%
  • "Rosa"/Female trainer (Bl2/Wh2)

Votes: 6 13.6%
  • Male trainer (X/Y)

Votes: 2 4.5%
  • Female trainer (X/Y)

Votes: 9 20.5%
  • "Wes"/Colloseum trainer

Votes: 7 15.9%
  • "Michael"/XD trainer

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

The Doctor

What!?
Years
  • Red, Hilbert and Calem (X/Y)

Red, because mainly his colour scheme, red happens to be my favourite and I love his design.

Hilbert because he looks really cool and awesome.

And Calem because I can make him look like whatever I want him too :) Though I do like his original getup.

Years
  • Gold/Ethan will always be my favorite player character, as I've always loved both of their designs, especially the Ultra Ball-esque hat. Also, along with Kris/Lyra, he's arguably the strongest player character to date, having beaten 3 Pokemon League Champions (Lance, Blue and Red) during the course of the game.

My other vote has to go to Brendan, both for his name, and his awesome hat that I definitely didn't mistake for hair when I was younger. Not at all.

Years
  • There are quite a few I like a lot, like Dawn in Platinum, and Serena in XY. As for males, I like Ethan from Johto, and I always kinda liked Nate from BW2 as well. Just a few of mine I like playing as.

Years
  • Gold, May, Leaf and Brendan.

All of them for design, and the first two particularly are special to me as Gold was the first ever protagonist I played as, and May was the first ever female :)

pokemasta92

3rd Gen. Enthusiast
    Years
  • You forgot one trainer: Ash
    Pokemon Yellow is truly based off the anime and you play as Ash Ketchum!

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    I voted for Dawn and Serena - Dawn's design has always been my favorite, I like her outfit and her dark blue/black hair, I think she's cute. I liked playing as Serena mainly because of the customization options; I haven't seen the XY anime so I'm not too attached to her as a character or anything.

Years
  • May, hands down. Thanks to the anime, I was moderately obsessed with her for a short time. Second is probably Wes from Pokemon Colosseum, my favorite spin-off. I liked the story line, and his design was pretty rad. I've always thought that implementing Wes into a main series game would be interesting, but not very likely to actually happen. :[

Back