• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Pokemon Game and why ?

SapphireMillennium

The Legend of Hoenn
Years
  • As of right now, Pokemon Emerald (though I think that's going to change during the coming weeks :P). I love Emerald because, as a Meteorology fan, I love the plot, and the fact that you get to battle both villainous teams. Also, sooo much post game stuff. My perfect game!

Xela

Do you believe in yourself?
    Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2024
    Pokémon BW2 have been my favourites ever since their release. I love the gameplay, it was well polished. The battles are fast and well-paced, the storyline was a bit different and unexpected compared to other Pokémon games (A villain that tries to kill you? Blasphemy!) and I personally really, really liked the Pokémon designs, even though that's where most people fall off on. I also enjoyed the feel of how modern the games was in comparison to every other game in the franchise.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Heartgold and Soulsilver. Johto is my favorite region, and G/S/C were my favorite games. So it's a no brainer HGSS are my all time favorites! The graphics, music, follow-me feature, I loved it all! Plus, we were still able to travel to Kanto which was awesome.

HeartGold and SoulSilver are definitely up there for me in the top five, aha. They not only carry plot of Gold, Silver, and Crystal, which I've found to be pretty engaging, but they had also contained some great features that we found ourselves enjoying, such as following-Pokémon, Pokéathlon, and so forth. It sucks that none of them were able to make it into future games, though; would've been sweet if they were.

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
    Years
  • Hmm out of all the games I've had so far....
    #1Sapphire as my first game I loved it and it would feel wrong to place it any lower. Emerald would also go here, because I recently started playing it and I can't remember laughing so much at Sapphire. (AS as well)
    #2 Blue I loved Kanto and the Kanto Pokemon and I still think your rival is nicer to you than people give credit for. Yellow is also placed here.
    #3Silver I LOVE JOHTO don't mean to sound like a genwunner but I honestly think gen II was best. As well as it's remakes, although I haven't gotten to play them yet. Planning on nuzlockeing with my sister on them though. XD
    #4 PMD 2 I never cry, but watching Chikorita walk away head down like that broke me. ;-;
    #5 White I absolutely love the storyline!! Normally I don't like 'super nice let's-be-bffs' rivals, but the obvious back story they give to you, Cheren, and Bianca is too cute, plus we still got N for the 'doesn't care about you' side.~ Although I'm still playing through White 2 right now, I honestly love both.

Remember-This list is closely bunched together in terms of faves, with every other Pokemon game pretty much taking sixth. XD

Last edited:

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • Pokemon Heart Gold. My first Pokemon game was Gold and so its remake which brought with it a stack of additional content, updated graphics, music etc was amazing. It is closely followed by Diamond/Omega Ruby.

Years
  • Originals:
    #1 BW/BW2
    #2 RSE
    #3 GSC
    #4 XY
    #5 D/P/Pt
    #6 RBY

Remakes
    #1 ORAS
    #2 HGSS
    #3 FRLG

Gen 5 is totally underrated. I love the exclusivity of the original BW games, limiting other pokemon from other gens until the post-game. A well-crafted and tight reboot. Of all the games it seems the most perfected.

Gen 3 is by far the most original of the regions. Thus its polarization, but I prefer regions that are unique and distinct, rather than blending in with the crowd. The pokemon feel exotic and really paired well with the unique environment.

Gen 2 feels like the original remake of gen 1. It's just better in every way! Graphically, it's my favorite game. The colored sprites have the most character of any gen. If only it was a bit more distinct from gen one and had a greater variety of new pokemon. Regardless, this is probably the easiest of the games to get into, not to mention 16 badges!

Gen 6 felt less distinct, including too many pokemon from previous gens, though mega evolutions are a great concept, the execution for many of them was abysmal. That said, the overworld, customization, new pokemon, fairy types, among other new features make i an AMAZING region!

Gen 4 had excellent new pokemon (barring many of the evolutions for previous generations), though the over-world wasn't inviting.

Gen 1 is boring and boxy as far as the overworld, though I appreciate it as the foundation to the excellent games which succeeded it.

KamikazeSSoH

Gym leader of São Paulo,brazi
    Years
  • Pokémon Emerald is my favorite pokemon game ever. i mean its when i started buying all games(before i had only silver) but like the maps, the gyms, the elite 4 everything is so good. i played for ever and i can play forever as one of my favorite Pokemon Games

Pokémon Pearl is my second favorite because of everything. but the slow gameplay let me down a little bit. but the rest was awesome !

Warspirit

be nice to nice ❤️
    Years
  • Heart Gold hands down. I liked your Pokemon followed you and I would play the game nonstop. I felt connected to the game, oddly enough, unlike others in the series. I loved how you could also visit Kanto and Johto and it's the game that's taken me the longest to finish. heck, I haven't even went to battle Red yet so I'm still not done.
    If HG was put onto the 3DS I think I'd love it even more. Pokemon Amie + your pokemon following you=♥

Basculin

Dragonite Fan
    Years
  • My favorite game, by far, was Pokemon Emerald. I also loved Pokemon Colosseum and Pokemon XD.

I love Emerald, because I loved the Pokemon, the maps, the music, the characters - everything! I also loved the Hoenn anime. There has never been another game quite like Colosseum or XD and it was so different from the other Pokemon games. I loved the storyline.

Years
  • My favorite game is Black 2 and White 2. Black 2 was the second Pokemon game I got, for Christmas of 2012. I played it for 11 hours on Christmas, and I've played it for over 500 hours since. Whenever I transfer Pokemon, I transfer them to Black 2 and Black 2 only. It's also the only game where I have a serious chance at completing the National Pokedex. And of course, there's so much to do in Black 2 and White 2, even after the game. I feel Black 2 and White 2's postgame has more to do, and is more enjoyable than any other postgame, even HeartGold and SoulSilver's.

Back