• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Pokemon Generation

tobyjoey

place text here
Years
  • I know I am going to be hated for this, but my favorite Pokemon regions are (from best to worse):
    1. 5th
    2. 3rd
    3. 1st
    4. 6th
    5. 4th
    6. 2nd
    Gen 5 is my favorite because A. it has a plethora of new, cool pokemon. B. I love the tweas to the leveling and battle engine. C. Black 2 and White 2 expounded upon the few problems the first games. Finally, D. The sprites are purty :P.
    The only real problem is that the spin-offs were a little weak compared to other spin-offs.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2017
    There is no doubt. The best-looking pokemon, the best anime season and nostalgia. My fav gen is gen 1, by far.

Years
  • I vote for the second generation, because the story was the most lively, the life expectancy was very good, without leaving aside the graphic aspect which was enormous. The third was not bad either, only, it began to make many of pokemon capture.
    From the DS, the games as well as cartoons lost of the flavor, unique and so representative of this universe.

ZetaZaku

AEUG Pilot
    Years
  • As someone who played Pokemon since 1999. , I'd say that my favorite generation is definitely Gen V (B2W2 specifically). I do love the first BW games too, but obviously, B2W2 improved everything and had a great post game. I guess, B2W2 is my favorite game content wise, and XY gameplay wise.

B2W2 > XY > BW > RSE > GSC > DPPt > HGSS > RBY > FRLG

But I don't hate any of these games. Even though the Kanto games are my least favorite (especially FRLG which I do kinda hate a bit), I still play the crap out of them. But I'll always prefer Red and Blue over FireRed and LeafGreen. FRLG's Kanto only lock was a horrible experience. I wanted a Crobat on my team and ended up using Golbat because he can't evolve until the "post game", which is another thing I hated. The Sevii Islands could have featured tons of Johto and Hoehn Pokemon, but no, they thought it was a great idea seeing the same old Kanto mons again. HeartGold and SoulSilver luckily improved in this area, but had their own big problems, like leveling.

Years
    • Seen Jan 27, 2014
    I'll side with the plurality of other posters in this thread and contend that Gen III's the best (including the often overlooked spinoffs). The two surrounding gens, II and IV, are roughly tied for second place in my eyes.

Altair1

Willpower
    Years
  • It's really close between Gen III and IV for me, I'm going to go ahead and say Gen IV was my favourite Generation, it introduced the Physical/Special split and brought us the highly anticipated remakes HG/SS.

Back