• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Region?

Favorite Region

• Kanto

Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Johto

Votes: 12 37.5%
  • Hoenn

Votes: 7 21.9%
  • Sinnoh

Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Pokemon Ranger Region...it won't come to mind

Votes: 2 6.3%

• Total voters

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Hoenn for me as well, it was the first region I traveled through and I have to say the pokemon there and the experience was all so much fun!!!

Also, I love the hoenn region because it introduced Pokemon Contests, which I LOVE!!!

Shardwire

I eated your cookie.
    Years
    I like the Battle Tents in Emerald. =D

Oh yeah, I like Johto cause it had such great surpises, you got at least one shiny in Gold, Silver, and Cystal always, and the pokemon ere so original, not like the crap in Kanto.

True Reign

  
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    Voted for Johto because it was so fun and full of challenges.

I wish they would make a new version of Silver and Gold just for the hell of it. A lot of people would rebuy it.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Hoenn. You traveled to get to each contest, and its where contests were introduced.

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
    Hoenn. Loved the pokemon in this game. They are still my favourites and I use them far more than any of the new ones. I also loved the underwater parts and some of the areas where well designed.

Years
    Hoenn's pretty cool, I admit that. But I'd prefer Kanto, because I'm just really sentimental. It's not well liked these days cuz of the fact it was early back in the ol' days where the illustration wasn't as clean as it is today.
    Well, that's what someone told me. xD

Barney.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 30, 2015
    Orre.

Kanto.

Because LG was the first pokemon game I just thought:

Wow...This is awesome.

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
    Years
    Kanto all the way!

I loved how you could revisit it in G/S/C

Huuuuh, the good days.

EDIT

One thing I did like about Johto though, Bug Catching Contests.

,... ... ...

FRICKING AWESOME!

Fenrir Reki

Guardian of Destruction
    Years
    I probably prefer Sinnoh because there are more pokemon to catch there and it seems like a bigger region than the others.

Jumpluff

I make the Rules, You follow.
    Years
    Sinnoh because It's refreshing too see all new Pokemon and theres an wider range of Pokemon to get.

Years
    • Kanto FTW, I miss Kanto, definitely the best region! The Pokémon and the map were best.
    • Hoenn comes after, it was a great region, the entrance from the truck was nice but Zigzagoon ruined the fun.
    • Sinnoh was pretty good overall but it lacked a lot and definitly not as good as Kanto or Hoenn.
    • Johto comes last, I just remember getting lost in the beggining. Never really liked it. There are some really good 2nd Gen Pokémon but some of the Pokémon you would enconter in the Johto games really sucked.

Years
    My "Top" list:
    1. Johto. Maybe it was just the theme song for the TV show...But Johto really did have cool Pokemon, ya'know, the ones that added on to the Kanto pokemon. But overall, I love it because of the cities and the terrain.
    2. Hoenn. This region was pretty cool, what, with the contests and not, but it did lack in the gym leader category...But I was VERY impressed by the cities and the sea. The ocean seemed to have alot of effort put into it, and I love Sootopolis City. (Did I spell that right?)
    3. Kanto. Who couldn't love the region were Pokemon all started out? But the gym leaders weren't that impressive and Cinnabar Island was my favorite island out of all the islands in the game. But the citie's were not that great...
    4. Sinnoh. There wasn't that much effort put into alot of cities...

Back