• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Spin-off Game!

Favorite spin off games?

• Total voters

Flow So Gorgeous

Flipping Awesome
Years
  • Maybe its the nostalgia talking, but I LOVED the Stadiums and PBR. Pokemon Stadium 1 was the first video game i ever played, along with Hey You Pikachu, and I played it every day. Later, I learned it's even better when you have the GB games with it. The games expanded battling and let me see the Pokemon I trained so hard on the big screen. Even without the main series games, the rental system in the stadium games introduced me to Pokemon I didn't know, along with how the mechanics work.

Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2014
    No, it doesn't. Hyper Mode was useful. The Critical Hit boost was fantastic.
    I was a huge abuser of Hyper Mode myself.

I was talking about the other side effects. I found them annoying to deal with and always purified shadow pokémon as quickly as possible to get rid of them. Plus if I remember correctly the critical hit boost only affected shadow rush.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • I was talking about the other side effects. I found them annoying to deal with and always purified shadow pokémon as quickly as possible to get rid of them.
    I know. But despite them, it was more useful than annoying imo.

Plus if I remember correctly the critical hit boost only affected shadow rush.
    Well... not like there was a more useful move for shadow Pokemon.

Brolijah

Secretly (Not) Active
    Years

• Well... not like there was a more useful move for shadow Pokemon.
    Truché. Everything had Shadow Rush. Heh, I'm having flashbacks to when I questioned why Shadow Punch and Shadow Ball aren't Shadow-type moves. Colosseum and XD were a couple of my first ever Pokémon games, so perhaps you can understand.

Personally, I believe Explorers of Sky is the pinnacle of Pokémon spin-offs. With its terrific story, music, and extra features, I do not believe I'll ever find another spin-off I'll love as much as this one. I still pull this one out frequently and I still thoroughly enjoy playing the post-post-game. Which reminds me, I still have dungeons to unlock and Legendary challenges to fulfil.

Braxien

Banned
    Years
  • I would have to say Pokémon Mystery Dungeons of Sky because the storyline was exceptional and at certain points in the game there was emotion and cliffhangers which made you not want to put your handheld console down.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Mystery Dungeon series my most favorite of all, and will always be. I've tried plenty of others, but none were ever able to live up to this one. If we're talking about a game in particular, then I'd have to go with Explorers of Sky.

ShiningHelioptile