• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Favorite Type

What's your favorite Pokemon Type?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Wing Zero

استاذ عن
    Years
    depends realevent to mythology or pokemon or what?
    and by species what do you mean? i have a general idea but..im not clear on the specifics...

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    Kairyu said:
    Well, well looks like you've just ran into one *points to his avatar* XD.

Do I really need to explain what my favorite type is? Good... but I do want to add some content so I'll tell you anyway :P

What got me into liking the dragon types so much? Well, the primary reason is the fact that I already liked dragons and the stories associated with them way before pokemon came into my life. But gaming-wise, I think what I really like about dragon types is that they're resistant to many types, even the annoying electric types, w00t! And Dragonite, being my absolute favorite pokemon is one of the few pokemon that can take down a legendary fairly easily... well in most cases, lol.
    Actually almost every legendary can learn Ice Beam. x_x; I wish Dragonite had a good trait, like Tyranitar. Inner Focus is bleh?or Intimidate like Salamence would have been good too.

Years
    • Seen May 20, 2014
    Favorite type...Hmm...I'd have to go with Steel.

It is the cheapest type hands down, most elements of the game are uneffective against it.

Steel, Dark, Dragon, Ghost, Rock, Bug, Psychic, Flying, Poisen(which doesn't even effect it!), Grass, Ice and Normal.

Thats ALOT of elements, way too cheap IMO and all those resistences + good defenses is what makes Registeel such a great tank and is why Metagross is so amazing.

Years
    • Seen Apr 20, 2004
    Psychic....no contest. My fav Alakazam is part of that type. I just believe that there are many pokemon that are great with psychic. Of course, many dropped off in R/S.... :disappoin

Hikaru's Twin

Clinging to Mrs. Christie
    Years
    My favourite pokemon type would have to be water! ^_^

And Rayquaza Master, please don't triple post! Double, triple, quadruple, quintuple etc....posts in a row by the same user are not permitted here; it's basically like replying to yourself. Please read the rules and if you want to include more information which you'd forgotten to put in your post before, there is a small button called the "Edit" button at the bottom of your post, please use it for that purpose.

Pokedragonfire

ph34r |\/|y 1337 n1nj4 5k1||z
    Years
    I know more about dragons than anyone!

Rayquaza Master said:
    I can name 5 dragons:latios,latias,rayquaza,salamence and altaria.that means I like dragons more than anyone!!! :laugh:
    I said mythology NOT pokemon. I'll name 5 dragons: European Draco occidentalis magnus, Knucker Draco troglodytes, Asian Lung Draco orientalis, Wyvern Draco africanus, and Marsupial Draco marsupial. I bet your unfamiliar with a few of these. I know more than you! I'll tell you what each one is. The European is about 45 feet long, and is your traditional fire-breathing, scaley-winged dragon. The Knucker looks like a mini European except his body is long like a serpents and his wings are too small to fly. He also uses venom instead of fire. An Asian Lung is a Chinese Dragon. The Wyvern is like a European except bigger and does not have the two front legs/arms. A marsupial dragon is like a dragon kangaroo with huge hind legs and a pouch. It cannot fly. I'm positive you didn't know that!

Oh yeah, Rayquaza Master, don't double post (or triple post in this case) and I'm sorry but I had to group some types toghether because the maximum was 10 choices. And Rayquaza Master, you didn't even vote for the dragon type!

Last edited:

black_eevee

not umbreon. black eevee.
    Years
    T_T I couldn't vote for normal alone... oh, well. I like flying types, too... just not as much as Eevee! ^.^ *glomps Eevee plushie* But I do like types like Pidgeot and Fearow, and they're normal/flying types. Eevee, Persian, Linoone; if you're up against an enemy that you just don't have an "it's super effective!" match for, you can always just headbutt the darn thing. Just don't try that on ghost or steel. -_-; (But if you're trying to catch a Skarmory and you don't want to kill the thing, tackle it until it's got one pixel of health left... mweeheehee... :laugh: I caught mine with my Linoone's tackle and just ONE pok?ball. XP Go me!)

But seriously, unless you're up against ghost or steel, there's really nothing that you can't use a normal type for. Sure, they're not "super effective" against anything, but they're not "it's not very effective..." either. ^^ And my Linoone seems to love getting critical hits... (...especially against wild pok?mon that I want to catch... -__-)

Pokedragonfire

Years
    Sorry for putting the types togheter but as I said I can only have the maximum of 10 choices. Either combine them or put "other" and I'm sure that would be worse than combining them.

jj984jj

Elite Beat Fansubber
    Years
    I have a question, Why is dark with steel, grass with bug and posion and flying with normal? Dark and steel came out at the same time but have no similar traits and there are too many normal pokemon are not flying and there are definiately much more grass pokemon that are not bug. Just wondering, maybe you have a good reason I can figure out or don't know, and at least the other 2 grouped together at least have similar traits. Anyway, I voted for water.

Pokedragonfire

Years
    I put grass and bug and poison toghter because bugs can learn many grass moves (ex Giga Drain for a um Nincada) and bugs live in grass (try diging, you'll find, guess what! Slimey things and crawling things!) Poison seemed to be a common type to be paired with grass (ex Oddish) Dark and steel were the oddballs, the kinda didn't fit and there wasn't enough room for them both to have their own category. Besides in the TCG they were both special energies. Normal and Flying because flying is pared with many types and normals are only pared with flying and nothing else, unlike the rest so I put them toghether. Some people are mad because I did that. HEY ITS NOT MY FAULT I COULDN'T HAVE MORE THAN 10 CHOICES. Yeah dragons are in first with dark steel! I'm not the only one obsessed with dragons!

Pokedragonfire

Years
    I like dragons the best!

pokedagonfire,I change my mind, I LIKE DRAGONS MORE THAN ANYONE ESPECIALY RAYQUAZA!!!!HA HA HA HA HA!!!!AND THAT INCLUDES YOU!!!!!!!!!!!
    Didn't you read post number 32 about me proving it...oh well, It is hard to prove. I'm gonna send my dragons to get you and eat you to prove it, wah ha ha ha! (Just kidding, I'm not that mean) Hey, you changed your mind, if you really liked them you would have liked them in the first place.

James Hawking

Insane Newbie
    Years
    • Seen Apr 20, 2004
    Me?
    I'm a trainer of Water types, since I've had a strange affinity towards water for some time now. *starts playing slides of The Early Days, when little James Hawking plays with water and pulls out high-pressure water pistols and shoots stuff with them*
    Dragons are good too, because they're, well, elegant in their on regal sort of way.

Back