• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favourate Yu-Gi-Oh character

Whats your favourate YU-Gi-Oh Character?(also cards)

• Yugi

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Yami Yugi

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Bakura

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yami Bakura

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Kaiba

• Joey(Josef)

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Tea

• Tristan

• Grandfather

• Mokuba

• Rebeca

• Rafael

• Dartz

• Exodia

• Dark Magician

• Blue Eys White Dragon

• The God Cards

• Pegasus

• Rex

• Marik

• Yami Marik

• Red Eyes Black Dragon

• Summond Skull

• Five God Card

• Ghouls

• Bandit Key

• Guardian Eatus

• Andro Sphinx

• Different Dimension Dragon

• OTHER

Votes: 5 26.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ati

Staff User
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Apr 1, 2009
    Whats your favourate character?

This voting will going in our SCHOOL PAPER
    (this is my turn to make the school paper and my theme is Anime(yugioh))

FIVE GOD CARD IS FIVE GOD DRAGON!

Last edited:

Ati

Staff User
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Apr 1, 2009
    Oh dam*

I forgot one of the main character

but OK u voted for others.

Years
    Mine is Seto Kaiba,( hence the username ) heh, he is the best character, he uses the bewd which is one of my fav cards . he uses Dragons, which are my fav type. And he is a excelent duelist who should be able to beat yugi without yugi haveing the god cards :P And that he is quite the cutie anyway ^^

Ati

Staff User
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Apr 1, 2009
    Well if u mean that so.

But yugi beatd him without the godcards.
    And he beated him with EXODIA.
    u can remember?
    XD

tyrant_078

Teh Ultimate Being!!!!1111
    Years
    Mine's Insector Haga (that's Weevil Underwood for you rabid dubbies). His psychotic persona makes him an extremely likable and entertaining character. Playing a minor role in the series, we know very little about his past and what caused him to develop his unique mind set. Thus, he's an excellent character to write fanfiction about. Not only that, but he's also intelligent and a brilliant strategist. Can't forget about his voice (both dub and original), apparel and insect deck, which are all friggin awesome.

Last edited:

Ati

Staff User
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Apr 1, 2009
    No one like yami yugi. XDD
    I voted for dark Magician.

Himawarii

LOOOONGITUDE
    Years
    Why isn't Dark megician Girl on there?:(
    Because she's my favorite Yu-Yi-Oh character.And if it pertained to Yu-Gi-Oh GX as well,I'd choose Alexis Rhodes.

Ati

Staff User
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Apr 1, 2009
    Well vote for others

others mean all others
    I will ask later which other u wanted to vote!

Years
    Yami Yugi wouldn't be so bad if he wasn't so over chiding with his opponents.

My favorite...when I first saw the series, it was Seto Kaiba. He had a great character design, a touching mission and the strength to back up his threats. But then Season Two and Marik's/Malik's death trap of Joey and Yugi and I saw two things.

Seto was an unempathic jerk while Joey not only fought for himself and tragically, painfully fought Marik's brain washing and Kaiba didn't care if Joey lived or died. The pathos shown that I was rooting for the wrong character all along.

Joey Wheeler (who looks more Caucasian than anyone of the main cast) is a man of intregity, compassion, character and will risk everything of himself for friendship, while playing on the redemption theme of his past bullying and his hard home life (child of divorce). He will always succeed, far more than his rivals (Kaiba) or his enemies (Marik, Valon) because he has actual heart and the conviction to back himself up. And complete with his total cluelessness with women. He's the overall typical but perfect male lead.

His attribute, his card playing in itself is like typical cardplayers: luck and skill combined and a more realistic flow to the game and a great archetype of the underrated players, as opposed to the psychic playing of Yugi and the browbeating of Kaiba. Joey gives a lovely alternative and a proper one to the law of averages.

So, yeah, he's my choice. And the one reason I care about Yu-Gi-Oh for the past few years. And why I won't support GX in any way.

Now if he's in it, that's another story.

Ati

Staff User
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Apr 1, 2009
    Wow u wrote a lot XDD
    did u voted for others?

IF SOMEONE WANT TO VOTE DARK MAGICIAN GIRL OR OTHER DARK MAGICIAN'S JUST VOTE FOR DARK MAGICIAN PLEASE!

Years
    I have more than one ;-;

Yugi, Yami/Atemu Yugi, Seto Kaiba, Bakura, Yami Bakura, Joey, Tristan, Duke and Mokuba.

But if I had to choose...then it would be Yami/Atemu Yugi.

Rea

A Lone Flower
    Years
    My favourite character is Shizuka/Serenity Wheeler. I dunno why she's my favourite...she just is. And she isn't my favourite character because she was going blind. It took a few months to click after she became my favourite character that she was going blind, when I was watching some of the Battle City episodes.

Years
    Rea said:
    My favourite character is Shizuka/Serenity Wheeler. I dunno why she's my favourite...she just is. And she isn't my favourite character because she was going blind. It took a few months to click after she became my favourite character that she was going blind, when I was watching some of the Battle City episodes.

I agree. She wasn't there as much as she was a plot device for Joey's motivation in Duelist Kingdom. The pity was, she was introduced in the darker part of the arcs (End of Malik and Noa/Gozaburo) and her sweetness was off putting as we were heading into the darkest part of the series and she tried to preen and prance and it didn't work, obviously that's why they wrote her out. That departure in the anime seemed a little too convenient and it's a shame because she does bring out a side of Joey (his hyperprotectiveness and bashfulness) we don't see much. I wonder if more time, she could have grown to be quite the Duelist/character.

But still, best plot device turned character ever!

Light_Azumarill

Danny Phantom!
    Years
    Gah! I have to choose between Yugi and Joey?! ;_; All right then, I choose Yugi. This is why both of them are good characters to me:

Yugi: Yugi meaning the little guy with the big eyes (not Yami Yugi/Atemu for those that have trouble telling the difference). He's my favorite because he undegoes a very subtle personality change that I for one admire. In the beginning of the series he has no friends aside from the occasional friendship of Anzu (I'll never use her dub name because I'm not fond of it), never sticks up for himself, and is pretty pathetic when it comes to having confidence in his skills. As the series progresses though, he manages to keep his kindhearted demeanor and also gain the self-confidence he needs to survive in the world. This is particularly evident in the final season in his duels with both *spoilers!!!!* Yami Bakura and Atemu. *end spoilers* His change is the kind that I have undegone throughout my own life, and I really appreciate and relate to it. Plus, he's a really nice guy, when no one else on the entire show seems to be. He cares about everyone, and I applaud him for that. ^-^

Joey: For all of the reasons that Dark Weezing said. He's just so fun to root for. He's the underdog in every aspect, and he pulls off his wins without the use of ancient magic (sorry Yugi ^^;). If he were up against regular people that weren't evil, ancient Egyptians, or weilders of some speical magic, he would beat them hands down. It is also cute how Joey sticks up for Yugi when he's in trouble. Especially in the manga; hooray for friendship! Now if only his dubbed voice could lose the annoying accent... TxT

In a short third it would be a tie between Atemu and Seto Kaiba. Atemu though can get really annoying with his constant winning and arrogant personality. I was glad he lost to Raphael in that duel because he needed to be taken down a peg by someone. However, his friendship with Yugi is sweet and it's cute to see someone as serious as him care so much for a dorky boy.

Kaiba, well, he's fun to watch because he is the only one that seems to acknowledge how crazy all of this magic is. I would deny it too if people claimed to have their souls taken, and I would be a bit skeptical that it was even possible. (Though, after watching Yami Marik's duels, I think I would have changed my mind o.o). The show needs Kaiba because he makes a good balance between the crazy psycho antagonists, and the goody-goody protagonists.

Okay... I wrote a lot. Even more than Dark Weezing! Oh I'm sorry if I killed anyone's eyes! X_X

Oh, Mai! I forgot all about her. She's another of my favorite characters. However, I just don't feel like she would have blamed/wanted revenge from Joey because of what Marik did to her. Wouldn't she have wanted to find the little lavender-blouse-wearing boy and kill him or something? Just my feelings on the subject.

Years
    Light_Azumarill said:
    Now if only his dubbed voice could lose the annoying accent... TxT

In a short third it would be a tie between Atemu and Seto Kaiba. Atemu though can get really annoying with his constant winning and arrogant personality. I was glad he lost to Raphael in that duel because he needed to be taken down a peg by someone. However, his friendship with Yugi is sweet and it's cute to see someone as serious as him care so much for a dorky boy.

Okay... I wrote a lot. Even more than Dark Weezing! Oh I'm sorry if I killed anyone's eyes! X_X

Oh, Mai! I forgot all about her. She's another of my favorite characters. However, I just don't feel like she would have blamed/wanted revenge from Joey because of what Marik did to her. Wouldn't she have wanted to find the little lavender-blouse-wearing boy and kill him or something? Just my feelings on the subject.

Actually, I am enjoying Grayson's take on the character. It's making him more Caucasian (which the character is) and playing with a nice Brando theme. But yeah, first exposure, I didn't like it much. It's an acquired taste.

Atemu, he had it coming, yeah, but along with Yugi, I really enjoy his relationship with Joey and how the two (Atemu's high class approach vs Joey's lower class) mesh nicely and compliment each other in battle just perfectly. Not even Atemu's teamups with Seto can compliment that perfectly, not like that.

I'm rubbing off on you, Light. Giggles.

I agree about Mai. Malik left, so she needed a target for her anger and because of Joey, she did kinda got roped in the craziness so you can kinda, sorta see her anger but yeah, it was displaced anger. Just didn't mesh right as much as it could have. Oh well.

Someone mentioned Haga, I agree, the series did a nice job in Doma to give these two a proper due and their fall from grace. That fallen aspect of the Duelist was one that should have been touched upon and they did that part of identity nicely. Plus, he and Raptor are amusing together, and are cute together. ;)

Might as well give the slash fans something. Heh.

RoxasOld

Banned
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 29, 2006
    KAKAROT SSJ4 said:
    Well if u mean that so.

But yugi beatd him without the godcards.
    And he beated him with EXODIA.
    u can remember?
    XD

Dont forget, he was about to wipe the floor with Kiba in Duelest Kingdom until Kaiba chickened out and threatened the jump if he lossed.

Anyways, I love Yami Yugi. In the original first season of Yugioh, Yami used to kill people in every episode <3 o.o

Ati

Staff User
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Apr 1, 2009
    Oh well
    If Yugi attacked with his soldier Kaiba would lose

and he was really coward

he still a coward just to big mouth
    XD

Hantsuki

a little wolf inside a girl
    Years
    Teehee, if you guys knew me well when I was once very active here, you would know I am obsessed with Bakura <3 but I love all 3 ;; I have more favorite characters, but I chose Yami Bakura. The other ones I would have chosen were:
    Ryou Bakura, Tozokuoh Bakura, Seto Kaiba, Priest Seto, Mokuba Kaiba, Serenity Wheeler, Kisara, Mana, Ishizu, Priestess Isis, Priest Mahado

Back